Sign in to follow this  
Dean33

RXP not intercepting localiser? Falcon 50

I recently swapped my F1 750 for the RXP in my Flysimware Falcon 50 

I am not intercepting localiser. Switch from GPS mode to VLOC. Heading to intercept. Approach activated. Hits localiser and flies through it or turns 90 degrees!

F1. does the same intercept smoothly. 😂

So, should RXP be set different or has anyone noticed the Falcon misbehaving on approach with RXP. 

Tomorrow I’ll have to add RXP to another aircraft to cross check! 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

21 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

I recently swapped my F1 750 for the RXP in my Flysimware Falcon 50 

I am not intercepting localiser. Switch from GPS mode to VLOC. Heading to intercept. Approach activated. Hits localiser and flies through it or turns 90 degrees!

F1. does the same intercept smoothly. 😂

So, should RXP be set different or has anyone noticed the Falcon misbehaving on approach with RXP. 

Tomorrow I’ll have to add RXP to another aircraft to cross check! 

The RXP GTN is a more sophisticated instrument.  Make sure the connections are set correctly in the GTN's settings panel.  Shift + right-click on the top edge of the RXP GTN. That will open the settings panel. If that does not bring up the settings panel then use the GTN  popup and shift + right-click on it's top edge.  Check the settings under the heading of Panel Instruments. The settings needed may vary by aircraft.  I do not have the Falcon so cannot confirm the proper settings for use in it.  Perhaps someone else here can advise.  In the meantime set what looks most logical and try another approach.

See Page 5 of the User's Manual that was installed on your system during installation.  Use the Windows Start Menu, then scroll to RealityXP where you should find the User's Manual listed. Just click to open it. It is a PDF.  Suggest digesting it to fully enjoy this GTN.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks. I’ll look at that after some sleep!  Assumed it was automatic but it helps to RTFM!

Any Falcon users confirm which boxes are ticked-all??

Dean

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Dean. One additional point.  Because settings may vary by aircraft, the settings you change in that settings panel are then unique to that one aircraft model.  If you fly other aircraft models you will need to check and make settings for them as well.  Such is the age of sophistication, both in the aircraft and the gauges.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Also, until we release our update for P3D4.4, the autopilot is inop and this is expected.

We are just taking too long a time, see my updated P3D4.4 announcement pinned in this forum.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks. That worked great. 

I can’t believe how easily the RXP can convert existing GTN installations (like my Bert/Carrenado PC12 addon). Wonderful. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

Thanks. That worked great. 

What worked, Dean? Which setting?  Might be helpful to others using the Falcon.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Hmmm the top boxes were blanked out on the Falcon. I assume that’s part of the Falcons configuration. 

I’ll add a screenshot later.