Sign in to follow this  
michaelfairburn

No Audio

Well, it's happened again, this time on a short 1.15 hop from KJFK to KCLT.  Once again, all the actions are completed and I can see that my microphone is working because I can see my words on the screen, just no FO output. When I get to the top of climb and set into the cruise, I normally hit the HM and it seems that the system can't recover from that. Could this be the problem?

It would be really great if there was a way to stop and then restart FS2CREW - the reset audio simply doesn't cut it. I can't even see an entry in Task Manager where I can force it to quit.

Mike

Hi Bryan,

The audio driver for the headset is the default Microsoft one. All other sound devices are working just fine. I can test the headphone and mic from the sounds section of the Windows Control Panel and everything seems to be running just fine. This morning there was no headphone sounds right from the git go. The microphone works and the FO will carry out the actions just fine

Edited by michaelfairburn
Wanted to attach a screenshot, but couldn't

Hmmmmm... why is your audio so erratic....

Are you jumping between screens by chance (windowed screen - full screen - windowed screen)?

Send me a Support Ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

If you can reproduce it again, you can show me via a remote desktop.

Cheers,

OK, I think I may have identified the problem. It seems that if I change the audio options in vPilot during flight, the audio on FS2CREW gets messed up. I will try reinstalling vPilot when I land

Mike

2 hours ago, michaelfairburn said:

OK, I think I may have identified the problem. It seems that if I change the audio options in vPilot during flight, the audio on FS2CREW gets messed up. I will try reinstalling vPilot when I land

Mike

Hmmm, good find.   I'm not sure though how that would affect FS2Crew...  gotta love computers 🤣

Hi Bryan, no I see no reason why it would affect FS2CREW either. It's clearly something to do with my headset, so you can stand down the rapid response team. Thanks for all your help and support as always. 🙂

Mike