Sign in to follow this  
killairbus

How to make FSX accept long tail numbers?

Hi,

I have the default Copa 737-800 and its got a tail number that doesn't fit in the tail number box in the details menu. How do I modify FSX in order for it accept the full tail number? 

-Angelo Busato

23 minutes ago, killairbus said:

How do I modify FSX in order for it accept the full tail number?

You can't do it in the sim, and you shouldn't attempt to change it. It will cause the aircraft to stop working.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

You can't do it in the sim, and you shouldn't attempt to change it. It will cause the aircraft to stop working.

No I mean in the details pop up of the aircraft under change aircraft right after opening FSX. Do you what I mean?

Because of course changing anything tail number related IN sim will result in problems. 

-Angelo Busato

25 minutes ago, killairbus said:

No I mean in the details pop up of the aircraft under change aircraft right after opening FSX. Do you what I mean?

Correct.

Do not change this. In the sim, out of the sim - anywhere. This item is not to be changed - no matter the location.

25 minutes ago, killairbus said:

Because of course changing anything tail number related IN sim will result in problems. 

Changing it anywhere will cause problems.

Do not change it.

Kyle Rodgers

42 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Correct.

Do not change this. In the sim, out of the sim - anywhere. This item is not to be changed - no matter the location.

Changing it anywhere will cause problems.

Do not change it.

So I'm supposed to just fly with an incomplete tail number? 

The full number is HP-1526CMP

fsx will only take it up to HP-1526C

-Angelo Busato

1 hour ago, killairbus said:

So I'm supposed to just fly with an incomplete tail number? 

Given Kyle's previous - and very clear posts - the answer to your question would be: Yes.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Given Kyle's previous - and very clear posts - the answer to your question would be: Yes.

It's not clear to me but ok.

its my faul for not explaining my concerns in an efficient manner and I apologize for the time wasted.

-Angelo Busato

15 minutes ago, killairbus said:

It's not clear to me but ok.

its my faul for not explaining my concerns in an efficient manner and I apologize for the time wasted.

It was pretty clear what it was you were trying to do, and what Kyle is trying to tell you that what you are trying to do isn't possible. But question. Why are you flying the default FSX 737-800 in the first place.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

11 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

It was pretty clear what it was you were trying to do, and what Kyle is trying to tell you that what you are trying to do isn't possible. But question. Why are you flying the default FSX 737-800 in the first place.

Kevin he is flying the pmdg 737 but the registration on the aircraft is limited. He wants it to be like the irl jet and not shortened.

22 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

Kevin he is flying the pmdg 737 but the registration on the aircraft is limited. He wants it to be like the irl jet and not shortened.

the op has stated in his  first  post his is  flying the default copa   737  which suggest its  not a pmdg  aircraft

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3417/fsx-copa-airlines-boeing-737-800/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

the op has stated in his  first  post his is  flying the default copa   737  which suggest its  not a pmdg  aircraft

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3417/fsx-copa-airlines-boeing-737-800/

The default copa could also mean the default livery that is included with the pmdg 737. But if your right then op is in the wrong forum. So first let’s get straight which b737 he is using.

The FSX default 737-800 takes the information from the tail number box that he's trying to change. The PMDG Boeing 737-800 doesn't, it just gets painted on the texture. If it was, in fact, the PMDG Boeing 737-800 he was flying, then I would say that there's no point in trying to change the registration within FSX since it wouldn't show up on the plane anyway.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

18 hours ago, ph-cxz said:

The default copa could also mean the default livery that is included with the pmdg 737. But if your right then op is in the wrong forum. So first let’s get straight which b737 he is using.

yep  agree   would be good  to know  one  way  or  the other,  but  the  "default"    got  me  thinking😀

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm still thinking it's the default 737-800 he's talking about here. The PMDG 737-800 would have already had the registration painted on the texture since that's the only way to get the registration on the plane, in which case, not only is there no reason to try to change it via the FSX tail number box, but doing so does absolutely nothing since it's painted on the plane already. The default 737-800 takes the registration from the tail number box that he's trying to change.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

I'm sorry for the confusion. 

The PMDG 737-800. HP-1526CMP. As downloaded from the Op center. 

Here's the real issue: The plane's tail number in the FMC as shown in Aircraft set up page, changes if you insert a different tail number in the details' tail number box. Which has a limited amount of characters for input.

When I open FSX -> change aircraft -> select the Copa -> details; the tail number in the box often has the number of an aircraft adjacent to the Copa in the selection menu. 

If I load the plane with the wrong tail number in the details box, the set up page lists that wrong tail number in the FMC. This means if I try to load a panel state from another aircraft, it won't go to my Copa plane, but to the one with the wrong tail number.

I now close the sim, open it again, change aircraft, select Copa, details, and fill in HP-1526C. 

I load the plane and now the set up page says HP-1526C. How do I insert a permanent, full, tail number (either in the FMC, cfg file, details box)? 

-Angelo Busato

Also for future reference, what is a universally understood term for the "details" I am talking about? Is it details window? Details tab? What do i call that front page of FSX that shows the loaded plane rotating on its axis?