Sign in to follow this  
baxterbj

P3Dv4.4 and Return to Misty Moorings

Hi Folks,

Hopefully on AVSIM there are many RTMM followers, and like many of you, I have a huge amount of RTMM scenery installed in P3Dv4.3.
All of my RTMM scenery is installed on a external SSD to that of P3D.
However my question is: If I follow the procedure, uninstall client, reinstall, uninstall Content, reinstall, uninstall scenery, reinstall. There are many files (ie traffic etc) that had to be placed in Scenery/World/ Scenery, there are effects and sound. (Hope i haven't missed any?????)

I have completely made a back up of P3dV4.3, so all my FOLDERS/files are still intact within this copied backup.
Can I simply, copy my Scenery/World/Scenery FOLDER, sound FOLDER, effects FOLDER back across to P3DV4.4 and all should be OKAY????????????

Im sorry if this is not a reasonable question, as Im not sure what damage this method,  I would do to, P3Dv4.4, if I was to do this?

I have posted a similar Topic on the RTMM site and am also waiting on a reply.

Kind Regards
Brian Baxter
BJ from OZ

Suggest you DO NOT uninstall/reinstall your scenery... :wink:

Bert

For this reason I only updated the client.

I love the RTMM stuff and I just checked in out after updating the client, all seem well.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Bryan and Bert,

Thank you Both.

So I am also assuming, I shouldn't do CONTENT because of EFFECTS and SOUND.

Just one more question, as I strongly support the action of Client ONLY, all the way, (Bert, and I follow your topics and answers most days, even your settings) could these CONTENT folders from P3dv4.3 simply be dropped back into those of P3dv4.4, that way all my RTMM sounds and effects would go back in?

If you again say NO, then CLIENT it is, as like Bryan, I basically only fly RTMM, this is the most picturesque area in the World i have come across and absolutely love it.

I own a great number of ORBX products, but still find myself back in PNW, BC, ALAKSA, mountains, rivers snow, wow what a country.

I did serve in California with the Australian Navy on Frigates for 12 months, they had been built in Seattle, I think it was Seattle that wet my appetite.

Coming from dry old Western Australia, it is not my scene.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Brian Baxter

BJ from OZ 

Just don't muck it up... :wink:

Client only gets you flying with no harm done, period.

Bert

Hi Bert

Caught this comment of yours

I have only ever updated Client and that only after all Updates for my Addons ie F1GTN750,MV Radar etc are In place

I only mention this because I too have many RTMM Addons which I do not want to load again

I have often wondered what I was missing not loading Content and Scenery 

Probably will play safe and do Client only as I usually do

xxd09

Bert,

Thank you, Great support.

Norm, over at RTMM trouble shooting forum, equally has an extensive comment on this subject of RTMM and P3dv4.4

Kind Regards

Brian BJ from OZ

(Client coming on)

Hi Bert,

Everything ran perfectly with Client install, so I plucked up the courage and did the Content.

It may well be my imagination, but I'm positive I have an increase, although small, in FPS and smoothness.

Scenery really looks sharp, especially purchased ORBX.

Thanks again, Very Please. I wont be doing Scenery.

Kind Regards

Brian BJ from OZ