MattDavies

PTA 2.63 now available (Prepar3D 4.4 Compatibility)

1 minute ago, johnliem said:

Hi Matt

After reinstalling the Client as you mentioned, I got this,

https://ibb.co/ggCyQ56

Scroll up, find which tweak is causing the error and uncheck it - then reapply the tweak.

I haven't had chance to test every single tweak, there are always some that end up broken but I'll get around to fixing them when I get a chance 🙂

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Working now.

Holy C@#P - I forgot how much of a difference this thing made until did the upgrade took it away.  Thanks again Matt.

(Did get a single error about water but haven't seen any fallout)

Edited by RobF2

Just now, RobF2 said:

Working now.

Holy C@#P - I forgot how much of a difference this thing made until did the upgrade.  Thanks again Matt.

Yeah it will still work - it's just 1 tweak that became broken as a result of the 4.4 update. I'll fix it when I get a chance. I've not really had time to properly look at what they've done to be fair, it's been very sudden.

20 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

That's because you've not got the original 4.4 shaders installed. Have you used something else to modify the shaders?

Either way, reinstall the client module of P3D only, then you can re-run PTA and it will work. 

[UPDATE] just read your reply, thanks

its OK now thanks, however, another error about : [Water surface tuning]

ERROR applying tweak [Water surface tuning]  Problem with patch #1 - Patched block not found.

Edited by hkhoanguyen

Got a bit confused by the pta.exe file version being 2.6.1, while the old version was 2.6.2 and the update is named 2.63, but it's the correct version. Also got the water surface tuning issue (RD preset), disabled that and then it worked fine.

Thanks for your hard work Matt!

2 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Hi all,

I recently just made v2.63 of PTA available for users that have upgraded to Prepar3D v4.4.

You can find the download via your order page on the SimTweaks website. 

Sorry it took so long, it took me by surprise & then I ran into some issues - thankfully we're good now though 🙂

Thanks,

Matt.

Nothing to apologe for Matt.

You have started when V4.4 was released.

Thanks, Gerard

3 hours ago, hkhoanguyen said:

[UPDATE] just read your reply, thanks

its OK now thanks, however, another error about : [Water surface tuning]

ERROR applying tweak [Water surface tuning]  Problem with patch #1 - Patched block not found.

Matt, thanks for the update.

I'm getting this same error, whenever I try to apply a preset; yours or SK3d. I did as you suggested by uninstalling and reinstalling the P3D client, but still get the error.

Initial run of PTA says "Shaders integrity OK".2qLvz9M.pngpCaVJ1e.png

Edited by portanav
Added Images

Hi Matt,

Just installed PTA for the first time, Super new to pd3 v4 so I have not made any edits to the original shaders, however when I apply the tweaks I get errors for the HLSL shaders. I have used the client module to repair, and even uninstalled/reinstalled the install client and still the same errors, any help would be appreciated! 

Matt the default PTA Water Surface tuning tweak is not compatible anymore with v4.4.

"ERROR applying tweak [Water surface tuning] Problem with patch #1 - Patched block not found

That means that LM has modified/deleted lines which PTA 2.63 wants to replace in the GPUTerrain.fx file and PTA cannot find it ...

Can you take a lookl at it ?

Thanks,Gerard 

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2

Hi,Matt!

Thank you for everything you've done for the simflight world.

I have the same problem like in the post above." "ERROR applying tweak [Water surface tuning] Problem with patch #1 - Patched block not found ".

2 hours ago, RobF2 said:

Working now.

Holy C@#P - I forgot how much of a difference this thing made until did the upgrade took it away.  Thanks again Matt.

Yeah! I have no idea of how other users fly in P3D with default shaders. The sim looks awful!

I was just about to go back to P3d v4.3, but I see that PTA is now available. Is it fully working with v 4.4 or are there still errors?

12 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Yeah! I have no idea of how other users fly in P3D with default shaders. The sim looks awful!

I was just about to go back to P3d v4.3, but I see that PTA is now available. Is it fully working with v 4.4 or are there still errors?

It works now in P3D V4.4 except one shader error (Water surface tuning), just uncheck it, Matt will have a look at it later

PTA IS OVERHEATING CPU

Ive been using P3D 4.4 for the past few days, watching CPU temps and they are peaking around 75 degrees when simming.  Idle around 20 degrees on i7 6700K.  Ive just ran PTA and installed a preset from Skyforce, taxiing on my very first flight and Coretemp has just warned me a core is too hot..its showing they have hit 87, 92,86, 87 degrees!!  I have HT off.  Modifying shaders has had a serious impact on my system!  Im gutted if I have to remove PTA

Chris Ibbotson

25 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

PTA IS OVERHEATING CPU

Ive been using P3D 4.4 for the past few days, watching CPU temps and they are peaking around 75 degrees when simming.  Idle around 20 degrees on i7 6700K.  Ive just ran PTA and installed a preset from Skyforce, taxiing on my very first flight and Coretemp has just warned me a core is too hot..its showing they have hit 87, 92,86, 87 degrees!!  I have HT off.  Modifying shaders has had a serious impact on my system!  Im gutted if I have to remove PTA

Chris Ibbotson

I have never seen such an increase in temperature. Here perhaps 2-3 degrees ..

Btw : at peak my system is below 60 degrees . If I were you I would check my cooling .

Edited by GSalden

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Matt the default PTA Water Surface tuning tweak is not compatible anymore with v4.4.

"ERROR applying tweak [Water surface tuning] Problem with patch #1 - Patched block not found

That means that LM has modified/deleted lines which PTA 2.63 wants to replace in the GPUTerrain.fx file and PTA cannot find it ...

Can you take a lookl at it ?

Thanks,Gerard 

Hi Gerard, I just came across this related post and reply from Matt (earlier) - 

10 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I have never seen such an increase in temperature. Here perhaps 2-3 degrees ..

Btw : at peak my system is below 60 degrees . If I were you I would check my cooling .

Ive already been checking the cooling which is why Im monitoring it.  Have had issues for the past month or two resulting in having to run my cpu with HT off.  Even with HT on and default clock speeds its getting too hot.  Im currently at 4.5 and 1.3v  In past was easily able to get 4.8 and 1.4v and not overheat.  Ive a Corsair AIO cooler.  Had run tests earlier in week and moved it from the rear of the case to the top, my Antec case has a huge extractor fan on top.  I also changed the fans on AIO from push pull to simply push on one side to push air in from case to then extract out large fan on top. (I did have 4 fans on cooler, 2 either side) Early tests showed max temp was 60 degrees so seemed to be a huge change.  Temps have increased since but was a definite increase to overheating as soon as I applied a PTA preset like its placed a higher demand on the system.  I restored shaders and ini file and rerun saved flight and temps dropped again, still not as low as before but definitely lower than with shaders changed.  I dont know what to do, cooler isnt that old as Corsair replaced it after pump went on the last one

Edited by cj-ibbotson

You can try cleaning your cpu surface and cooling block surface and re-apply thermal paste.

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

You can try cleaning your cpu surface and cooling block surface and re-apply thermal paste.

Ive done that a few times lately, even ordered new Arctic Silver paste in case previous one I had was too old or not working as well.  Have noticed when changing paste that temps are radically reduced for a short while, was getting low temps of 18 degrees often when system idle but after a day or two they creep up to lows of 30 -35

Been thinking of changing my system but huge expense on new MB, cpu, cooler and also need a newer case.  Scared of investing so much yet again into flight simming

Chris

57 minutes ago, hkhoanguyen said:

It works now in P3D V4.4 except one shader error (Water surface tuning), just uncheck it, Matt will have a look at it later

Welcome back PTA!

QJYp43Z.jpg

0YAyyIN.jpg

VPVI8MG.jpg

1R1kvIP.jpg

To say I'm thankful is an understatement!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Ive done that a few times lately, even ordered new Arctic Silver paste in case previous one I had was too old or not working as well.  Have noticed when changing paste that temps are radically reduced for a short while, was getting low temps of 18 degrees often when system idle but after a day or two they creep up to lows of 30 -35

Been thinking of changing my system but huge expense on new MB, cpu, cooler and also need a newer case.  Scared of investing so much yet again into flight simming

Chris

Do you have an overclock by any chance? 

1 minute ago, shamrockflyer said:

Do you have an overclock by any chance? 

Yes but it's already a mild one especially given Ive had to disable HT and lower voltages substantially to prevent an overheat. I could easily get 4.7 with HT On in the past. It's just strange my temps suddenly jumped up this morning immediately after installing PTA. Temps have dropped a little since restoring shaders but still too high. I've opened my case again and will look at it but limited options what I can do. No idea if CPU is failing or cooler is rubbish. It's a 110 I think by Corsair..240mm radiator

17 minutes ago, DJJose said:

To say I'm thankful is an understatement!

OK DJJ - those are SICK images. Can you share what else you're using what PTA .ini?

• Like 1

Just now, tamsini said:

OK DJJ - those are SICK images. Can you share what else you're using what PTA .ini?

ASP4/REX SF/Gerard's presets!

You can thank Gerard. He's the genius!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.