MattDavies

PTA 2.63 now available (Prepar3D 4.4 Compatibility)

13 minutes ago, DJJose said:

ASP4/REX SF/Gerard's presets!

You can thank Gerard. He's the genius!

Um, and where are those? AVSim?

Thank you

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

6 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Um, and where are those? AVSim?

Thank you

• Like 1

I'm having an issue when applying presets. No matter what preset I try to load including Matt's Dec18 I keep getting the error below.

Applying [Turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect] to D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [Alternate tonemap adjustment] to D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [Contrast tuning] to D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [FXAA quality] to D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
   Applying [Tweak main config (prepar3D.cfg)] to Main config file
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared

My Shaders default on version 4.4 and cannot find the log mentioned in the error. Advice appreciated whenever possible.

best regards

2 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

PTA IS OVERHEATING CPU

Could you just point out that PTA does NOT overheat your CPU. Not post like a massive warning to everyone that your CPU is going to overheat with it.

Its a problem your end. Not with PTA, I ran core temp to make sure I was not talking out my bottom. PTA made no difference to temps AT ALL.

If your CPU is overheating it NOT PTA. Or if i did it like you

PTA DOES NOT OVERHEAT YOUR CPU

-------------------------

I got the water error, I un-check the water mod. No errors. All good.

Edited by Nyxx

2 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I haven't ever heard of anyone ever having problems with overheating due to a piece of software, especially since no one else is experiencing overheating. 

Its obviously an issue on your side, I hope for your sake you get this sorted out asap. Could you trying reinstalling P3D or resetting windows back to a previous date when you didn't have the issues? 

I am running the same cooler as you and have had it for over four years now running an overclocked 4770K, I haven't ever had such issues before especially since the 4770K is renowned for running 'HOT'. 

48 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

I'm having an issue when applying presets. No matter what preset I try to load including Matt's Dec18 I keep getting the error below.

Applying [Turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect] to D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [Alternate tonemap adjustment] to D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [Contrast tuning] to D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [FXAA quality] to D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
Shaders cache cleared

My Shaders default on version 4.4 and cannot find the log mentioned in the error. Advice appreciated whenever possible.

best regards

As Matt said on page 2 - untick the tweak causing the error which is the water surface tuning. 

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

Shaders cache cleared

best regards

This has been already discussed above in this same thread.

Cheers, Ed

22 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

I haven't ever heard of anyone ever having problems with overheating due to a piece of software, especially since no one else is experiencing overheating. 

Its obviously an issue on your side, I hope for your sake you get this sorted out asap. Could you trying reinstalling P3D or resetting windows back to a previous date when you didn't have the issues? 

I am running the same cooler as you and have had it for over four years now running an overclocked 4770K, I haven't ever had such issues before especially since the 4770K is renowned for running 'HOT'. 

Ok hopefully I'm finding a resolution here. My first impression was that PTA was adding load to the CPU given that temps rose 15 to 20 degrees higher since installing the new PTA and preset. To say you have not heard of people having overheating issues due to software is a little misleading given Prepar3D which is software pushes the temps higher than any other program. 

I've gone into fan profiles in BIOS and played around with that but fan speed on cooler didn't change. I went and grabbed my box and noticed a Corsair Link cable which I never installed. I used to have an older Corsair cooler with a supplied control cable which was for a 5.25" controller which was an additional option .I thought this cable was the same thing. Plugged it into cooler and USB header and downloaded software. Can ramp up pump speed and fan speed so will test now. Apologies to Matt for blaming his software. All software places additional load and as it was the only thing that changed I immediately assumed it was the cause.

Chris

Edited by cj-ibbotson

19 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Shall we go back in topic ?

PTA

Yes I apologise. As I'd been closely monitoring temps the past few days I was shocked that they changed immediately after installing PTA. Wondered given new coding in 4.4 and difficulties Matt said he was having due to the changes whether something was causing an additional load on the CPU. I was wrong so I'm sorry.

Chris

Hi Matt, I haven't updated to 4.4 yet until my addons are working.  But when I do I have a question.

Can I use my preset from the P3D 4.3 PTA I've been using with your new version of PTA?  

I read though all these posts but never saw it asked.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi Matt, I haven't updated to 4.4 yet until my addons are working.  But when I do I have a question.

Can I use my preset from the P3D 4.3 PTA I've been using with your new version of PTA?  

Thanks.

From the website:

Release Notes:
  • - Prepar3D v4.4 compatibility

All presets from PTA 2.62 are compatible. Some tweaks may not work in Prepar3D v4.1 or earlier.

How to update:

PTA v2.63 requires a fresh install in separate directory.

Please backup your presets and delete any old versions.

Install PTA v2.63 and then activate it.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, edpatino said:

From the website:

Release Notes:
  • - Prepar3D v4.4 compatibility

All presets from PTA 2.62 are compatible. Some tweaks may not work in Prepar3D v4.1 or earlier.

How to update:

PTA v2.63 requires a fresh install in separate directory.

Please backup your presets and delete any old versions.

Install PTA v2.63 and then activate it.

Cheers, Ed

Thanks Ed.  I didn't see that, I was only looking in this post.

dHello, 

How do I update my account info?

My mail and address are changed. 
Thanks in advance

Hi folks

I installed PTA for the first time yesterday. The differences to the normal shaders are quiet obvious! Excellent work guys!!!

Thank you very much Matt and Gerard! 👍👍👍

Five stars from my side!

On 12/2/2018 at 9:20 AM, GSalden said:

Nothing to apologe for Matt.

You have started when V4.4 was released.

Thanks, Gerard

Hi Gerard, Are you going to be re-working your monthly PTA presets for V4.4. I use yours on 4.3 and they are great.

14 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks.

Yeah you can, although if your PTA preset for 4.3 has the water tweak, you'll need to disable it until a fix is released. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Yeah you can, although if your PTA preset for 4.3 has the water tweak, you'll need to disable it until a fix is released. 

Thanks Matt!  Always glad when you respond, love using PTA mate!

17 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks.

I don't know if this is relevant but my presets don't look the same in 4.4 and need adjusting. No big deal just wondering if others have seen this especially in photoreal.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I don't know if this is relevant but my presets don't look the same in 4.4 and need adjusting. No big deal just wondering if others have seen this especially in photoreal.

What is different in your eyes ? That might help others adjusting their presets ...

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

What is different in your eyes ? That might help others adjusting their presets ...

I haven't played with it much yet but it was related to photo scenery being to bright and washed out. I went back to default shaders and photoreal looked real good. I will play with it later today and report back.   Josh

12 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

photo scenery being to bright and washed out.

Indeed  I saw the same.  Some terrain texture are completly white whereas in 4.3 they were perfectly lighted with the same settings. I disabled "terrain lighting" completely for the moment until I find time to play around with settings there...

best regards

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.