Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Strange Problem with Vehicle Selection...

Hi,

I am unable to select any vehicles as no vehicles appear! I am able to load the Prepar3D Default Scenario, including the Raptor F22. I am able to load other supplied Scenarios with their corresponding a/c.

My Prepar3D v4\Simobjects\Airplanes, etc. folders are all fully populated and yet...

rk7eSnT.jpg

I wait... and I wait...and yet nothing deigns to appear.

I have just updated to v4.4 (Client, Content and Scenery) and all seems well bar this one notable exception.

This is a strange one to be sure. Any ideas, anyone? Never come across this before.

Regards,

Mike

can you search for a vehicle?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

29 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

can you search for a vehicle?

Sadly, no. As soon as the ‘Select Vehicle’ window is accessed it starts the “Loading Vehicles” routine with no way of stopping the process other than by clicking on the Cancel button. The sim does not crash.

Mike

Uninstall & reinstall content.msi (deactivating win defender)?

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

1 minute ago, ffantasy67 said:

Uninstall & reinstall content.msi (deactivating win defender)?

Cheers,

Hi Massimo,

Thanks for the suggestion. Clearly a reinstallation is a possibility. It may come to that. However, it would be nice to know what could be blocking this function of the sim. Windows Defender was removed from the equation years ago. I use ESET NOD32 and never encountered anything like this in the past.

Regards,

Mike

Had similar problem after client reinstall where I could select a aircraft but it would not display in the preview window and then p3d would close  I'm hopeless at trying to track down the problem luckily I don't have a lot of addons so a full reinstall was done which solved the problem hope you get it solved.

jim

• Upvote 1

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Update:

ESET NOD32 disabled temporarily.

1. Reinstalled Client and system restarted -> same result

2. Reinstalled Content and system restarted -> same result!

3. Tried copying the SimObjects folder, uninstalling Content and then deleting the SimObjects folder before reinstalling Content. Ran the installer and the system hung requiring a Reset.

Restored the status quo SimObject folder-wise and reinstalled the Content successfully.

This is indeed baffling!

Each time the Select Vehicle Screen fails to populate, although the window remains active and all buttons are selectable, including Cancel. Everything else in the sim appears to be working normally.

This includes my A2A and RealAir aircraft in my Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder. They fail to appear as well.

I'd rather not have to perform a clean install of >400GB so any further suggestions as to how this might be resolved would be greatly appreciated.

The v4.3 -> v4.4 update was quite straightforward and yet the curved ball has been thrown to spoil the day. Amazing how such a little thing can cause so much hassle and frustration. Thought the solution would be relatively quick and easy, see 1 and 2 above, but, as is often the case with computer software, it appears that the answer can remain elusive.

Thanks.

Mike

Hello Mike

Try this...

Delete or Rename these 5 blue generated files and then launch Prepar3D and test,  Or delete them one by one and then test.  This will not effect your Add Ons

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D  Prepar3D.cfg  -  VehicleFavorites.xml  - UISettings.xml

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D   Prepar3D_Default.fxml - Prepar3D_Default.wx

---

Note: For other users reading this...

To find these files,  Insure the box is Ticked for  Show hidden files, folders and drives in File Explorer Options

You could also try this step...

Navigate to the location below and Click and Move these 2 folders out of this location and pop them onto your Desktop.

Do Not Copy these folders, Ensure you Move them out of this location

PC ► Documents ► Prepar3D v4 files \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

After this step launch Prepar3D and test again

Hi Elaine,

Thank you!

I confess that I was hoping you would offer to help with this. It's turning out to be a real challenge but, with your able guidance, I'm quite prepared to battle on for as long as it takes to find a solution short of acquiescing to the dreaded complete fresh install.

I followed your initial suggestions but without any luck, I'm afraid.

Regenerated (Files and Folders):

Prepar3D.cfg...YES

UISettings.xml...YES

VehicleFavorites.xml...NO

Prepar3D v4 Add-ons...YES (empty as expected, although I noted that SODE was the sole entry when the Add-ons screen was accessed in Prepar3D)

Prepar3D v4 Files...YES
(containing Previous Flight.wx
and Previous Flight.fxml)

So far, I’m having great difficulty making much sense of this. Clearly Prepar3D can access the SimObjects folder as evidenced by the appearance of the F22 in the loaded Prepar3D Default Scenario. So why not the rest and why the non-appearance of the ‘Prepar3D  Default’ entry in the ‘Select Vehicle’ listings?

Best regards,

Mike

I have a similar problem. After I used Your advised steps, I still have just some of my bought planes been shown, and every other of my many planes will not been shown. They are still in my SimObject/Airplanes as in v4.3. I have updated only Client and Content. When starting P3D v4.4, I get the following Message: "Vehicle initialization has failed for: F-22 Raptor-525th Fighter Squadron. You will now be placed in vizualization-only mode". What now, Poppet, please help!

With regards

Odaber

Meantime, I have:

Restored:  Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and Prepar3D v4 Files folder content.

Restored the file: VehicleFavorites.xml

All 3rd Party content in the dll.xml (2) and exe.xml (2) files has been disabled.

Running with default:

Prepar3D.cfg, Scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg

+ freshly created Previous Flight.wx and Previous Flight.fxml files.

In the SimObjects folder:

Modules - 6 items 584KB, 6 Files, 0 Folders)
Rotorcraft - 6 items (1.90GB, 1,203 Files, 62 Folders)
Submersible - 2 items (8.04MB, 24 Files, 8 Folders)
Weapons - 34 items
Airplanes - 91 items (25.2GB, 14,125 Files, 1,131 Folders)
Animals - 5 items (1.12MB, 24 Files, 15 Folders)
Avatars - 14 items (340MB, 251 Files, 78 Folders)
Boats - 94 items (216MB, 461 Files, 284 Folders)
Countermeasures - 3 items
GroundVehicles - 143 items (948MB, 1,285 Files, 534 Folders)
Misc - 56 items (418MB, 457 Files, 201 Folders)

Add-ons enabled:

RealAir Legacy V2

RealAir Turbine Duke V2

All other Add-ons disabled

Content error reporting has been enabled:

https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8d7265875962727da866

I doubt whether this will provide any pertinent info, but I include it just in case.

As one would expect the sim now loads very quickly (great for testing purposes!):

6 secs to the Prepar3D Scenario screen and 4 secs to the fully loaded Prepar3D default scenario at Eglin AFB (KVPS).

Mike

I have nailed my problem to the New Client-part after many ways of settings and trials. Client for v4.4 simply won't load any default airplanes. Elaine, please help!

With regards

Update (3)

Hi Elaine,

Unfortunately the problem still remains uncracked.

This evening I came across another active thread on a similar topic here at The Prepar3D Forum. Simbol made the following helpful suggestions for another member and I'll deal with each in turn as applies to my setup:

1. He asked to see the simobjects.cfg file to examine the content. Here is mine:

https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8d7265875f6475b06b9c

All seems well there, I believe. The encoding appears to be correct, but I saved the file anyway from Notepad++

2. Directory security of the SimObjects and Airplanes match. I note that Authenticated Users and Users do not have Full control. Is this correct?

3. I checked the Privilege Level of Prepar3D.exe and it has been set during installation to 'Run as an Administrator'. I tried running without but it made no difference to the outcome: The Vehicle Selection screen still refuses to populate!

I feel there has to be a simple explanation, but what could it be? Baffling!

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I took a look to your simobjects.cfg and noticed the last entry is pointing to the 32bits programs entry of Windows ???

Mine as only nine entries, all only refering to genuine P3DV4 directories

[Entry.10]
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ideal Flight Professional\SimObjects\Misc
TITLE=IF10SimObjects
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

I suggest deleting it - and checking Ideal Flight support forum.