Sign in to follow this  
DaniloAlonso

ChasePlane not open (SimConnect issue?)

Hi!

ChasePlane works very well until yesterday, when I installed my new adddon A2A Comanche 250.

The A2A plane wont worked (CTD when switch to Comanche 250) and the solution was reinstalling the P3Dv4.4 (clean install, deleted everything) and all addons. (Windows 10 Pro x64)

• Installed P3Dv4.4... OK!
  • Installed SimConnect (redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi)... OK!
  • Installed A2A Comanche 250... OK! (the CTD is gone and the plane worked!)
  • Installed VFXCentral and ChasePlane... "error"!

The "error" is that the ChasePlane dont know the installation of the SimConnect, and shows the MessageBox below, (click OK, then he "install" the simconnect, that already installed, and exit):

Missing SimConnect assembly
---------------------------
ChasePlane need to install the SimConnect assembly. Click OK to launch the SimConnect installer. Simply relaunch ChasePlane after the installation is completed.

I have tried to re-install SimConnect and not worked. Appears to be a missing file, don't know.

This is a ESSENTIAL addon and can't fly with the bizarre default cameras of P3D =(

Solved!

The SimConnect was installed, but NOT....

Well... I have uninstalled the SimConnect trying to solve some problems with my Comanche... and deleted the folders in C:\Windows\WinSXS (have taken ownership of these folders to ME and deleted)...
The problem is: when I have installed again the SimConnect, the folders with DLLs don't have created in Windows\WinSXS!

Then I reverted back the 'ownership' of these folders to the "ThrustedInstaller" (using a "power prompt"), then, reinstalled the SimConnect again and.. DONE!!!
Chaseplane OK.... Comanche OK.... FSEconomy OK (the FS Economy wont worked too)!!

This saved me of "install the Windows 10 again" 😃

Good find.. but i am trying to understand that folder  C:\Windows\WinSXS at least on my computer is over ten gigs   you just deleted the whole thing?

Thanks

steve

No, you should not delete the items in this folder. There are essential items to run the system, if you delete something, this will ruin Windows installation.

For some reason the SimConnect don't removed the folders when I have uninstalled... bugs LOL

Dear @DaniloAlonso,

how did you manage to revert the ownership of the simconnect folders?

I'm having the exact same issue as you, but I am not able to fix this. Just tried to restore my windows, but that didn't work as the process got stuck multiple times.

Cheers

Benjamin