Sign in to follow this  

7900X P3D V4.3 vs 9900K P3D V4.4 +60-95% FPS increase

23 minutes ago, GSalden said:

With this comment you make me replace Content too.

Question for everyone :

If I uninstall Content will it delete folders or will they remain with the 3rd party files only ? So with a new 4.4 Content install they will still exist and I do mot need to reinstall addons.

F.Y.I I have finished installing all addons a week ago after a 4.3 reinstall recently....

I was actually surpriced not having to reinstall anything with ,client,content and scenery one at a time. 

I even have scenerys in the internal /add-ons folder (alot from Dreweicki) , simmarket folder and ORBX.

Even the Effects folder was fully intact

I did reinstall FTX global and HD Treees as per the official guide

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Guys,

I have been on win7 for the last few years and just now, with the new rig, updating to win10. 

I am getting a second 1080ti to make an SLI and would like to know if you recommend that I update to the latest build of win10 and latest drivers or if you think that there is a combination that is proven to work well? I heard people were having issues on one of the win10 builds.

@Rob Ainscough @westman

Giorgio La Pira

5 hours ago, glider1 said:

I don't understand why it is worth doing all that wonderful work for the community when the results only apply to a tiny number of possible simmers that can afford extreme hardware like that. There is nothing I can take away from these tests as information for a mid-range hardware setup.

Then don't take anything away from it. Rob has done fantastic work for the community in a whole range of areas and I for one am grateful he continues to provide such comparisons, regardless of their relevance to whomever...

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

11 minutes ago, radial360 said:

Hi Guys,

I have been on win7 for the last few years and just now, with the new rig, updating to win10. 

I am getting a second 1080ti to make an SLI and would like to know if you recommend that I update to the latest build of win10 and latest drivers or if you think that there is a combination that is proven to work well? I heard people were having issues on one of the win10 builds.

@Rob Ainscough @westman

Had problem with 1809 and SLI struggle a lot before a get it to run as supposed , 1803 no problem at all, subjective think the 1809 is little faster in the sim but its my personal feeling no proof at all.

I should go for Win 10 1803 if you not experianced with setup SLI and test drivers, 

7 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

...  I know water textures were changed (to work with lights and reflections ... I believe that's in the Content installer) along with the overall water performance improvements ... 

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

With this comment you make me replace Content too.

Question for everyone :

If I uninstall Content will it delete folders or will they remain with the 3rd party files only ? So with a new 4.4 Content install they will still exist and I do mot need to reinstall addons.

F.Y.I I have finished installing all addons a week ago after a 4.3 reinstall recently....

According to the changelog all the water improvements are included in the Client:

Prepar3D Client

General Platform Updates

Fixes and Improvements

- Made optimizations to water rendering by removing unneeded emissive samples on water-only tiles.

- Fixed inconsistent specular and emissive values between land, water, and land+water shader variations.

- Improved water appearance in cube maps used for reflections.

So I wonder if it really would be necessary to install Content for any water improvements.

Edited by RALF9636

I pretty much agree with those figures.

I fly mainly VR and get 35-40 fps on medium-high on busy airports as aerosoft´s LEPA with 100% traffic.

I had a stutter feast in VR until I used the oculus tray tool, set the SS at 2.0 and disabled de ASW. From there not a single stutter which is amazing coming from an i7 4770k and a 980ti.

cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

5 hours ago, chass32 said:

I pretty much agree with those figures.

I fly mainly VR and get 35-40 fps on medium-high on busy airports as aerosoft´s LEPA with 100% traffic.

I had a stutter feast in VR until I used the oculus tray tool, set the SS at 2.0 and disabled de ASW. From there not a single stutter which is amazing coming from an i7 4770k and a 980ti.

cheers

Carlos

I also find the tray tool useful but don’t see much difference above 1.6 or 1.7 you may want to try a bit lower and save the processing power for a gain that might not be noticeable. BTW your signature indicates a much more powerful system then your post, also you might want to OC that CPU if your signature is your current system.

Joe

• Upvote 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, westman said:

Rob thanks, if you remember i did a  fast test with your High settings 7920X @5.1ghz  2X 1080TI SLI,(test not as deep as yours.)

run the same with P3D V4.4 difference clean W10 1809 and driver 398.36 had problems with SLI single card OK , tested 5 diff drivers the 398.36 worked fine with SLI, P3DV4.4 clean full install

compared to my 4.3 test,  low +87% high +75% avg +85% we can say i it is close to the differences you get, it clear that P3DV4.4 is a win win

At rw 25 at Schiphol Amsterdam with no clouds I am getting the same fps as before with V4.3....

Only updated the client.. Reinstalled W10 + P3Dv4.3 recently so still a very clean system.

Did not make a flight yet because of other busy things...

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, joepoway said:

I also find the tray tool useful but don’t see much difference above 1.6 or 1.7 you may want to try a bit lower and save the processing power for a gain that might not be noticeable. BTW your signature indicates a much more powerful system then your post, also you might want to OC that CPU if your signature is your current system.

Joe

Yep, I built it with OC in mind and I´ll do it in the next few days, I have no experience with OC so I need a bit of reading before that. Do you think that I could do better than 35-40fps in VR in a pretty big airport, 100% traffic, active sky and medium-high settings besides OC? Because in 4K I was having slightly worst fps than Rob but I assumed that no OC was the reason.

Thanks for the advice, Joe!

Carlos

Edited by chass32

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

22 minutes ago, chass32 said:

100% traffic

This will be a source of low FPS at big airports (AI traffic has a big impact on the CPU) ... as much as 50% drop in FPS, especially if you have SimObject shadows enabled and use higher quality shadows.

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

This will be a source of low FPS at big airports (AI traffic has a big impact on the CPU) ... as much as 50% drop in FPS, especially if you have SimObject shadows enabled and use higher quality shadows.

Cheers, Rob.

I pushed to 100% traffic just to check how far could I go with the new PC. I´ll stay around 60% probably. I´m not very picky with shadows so I keep them not very high and that helps.

Thanks, Rob!

Edited by chass32

I found this thread in my hunt for a new setup for my sim. I’m on an i5 7600k with a 1080Ti at the moment. I’m thinking of buying the 9900k with a Z370 Aorus Pro Motherboard. 

Do you guys think it’s a wise choice? It’s hard to tell reading all of these tests and results. Even after all these years trying to master it, I still find getting an ESP based sim to run a major challenge!

On 12/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, GSalden said:

At rw 25 at Schiphol Amsterdam with no clouds I am getting the same fps as before with V4.3....

Only updated the client.. Reinstalled W10 + P3Dv4.3 recently so still a very clean system.

Did not make a flight yet because of other busy things...

Good info.... apples and apples. Thnx.

Will pass for now due to compatibility issues.

Anyone got a concesus re best nvidia drivers . I still have 397.x

Thnx

I will do a comparison between my 286 OC 20 MHz and my 386 33 MHz systems.  They both seem to be the same at around .000000001 fps. 

Ho ho merry Christmas all

Stampee

Interesting info.  I just picked up a 9900k but am still running a 1080 (not a Ti).  Been thinking about going all in and just grabbing the 2080ti at this point so this is good to see data on what may end up being my setup.  So far I've been pretty impressed going from a 7700k to a 9900k.  Could only imagine the 2080ti might take it the rest of the way.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals