Sign in to follow this  
Gloryiam

Assigned a non-existing runway by ATC at KPSP

Greetings!

I have already shut down Pilot2ATC so I might not be able to provide all the requested info for a bug report but here is what happened:

Started at KTRM and set up, validated and filed a VFR plan to KPSP which is some 25 miles away. Called KPSP tower about 15 miles out (active COM showed KPSP Tower) and requested a straight in approach for runway 31R. Speech recognition understood my request for my approach exactly as I said it: straight in for 31R. ATC came back and approved my approach and told me to call when established on a 5 mile final to runway 35. KPSP only has 2 runways: 31R/13L and 31L/13R.

I ended up just landing on 31R and as soon as I did, KPSP tower welcomed me to Palm Springs Int. and advised that I may have landed on the wrong runway 🙂

Edit: I want to add that I think somehow it got confused and gave me an approach for my departing airport. KTRM has a runway 35 which is where I took off from. Also, when I was given wind info by KPSP tower, it was the current info for KTRM and not KPSP.

Edited by Gloryiam

Sounds like something went wrong with the frequency swap and it thought you were still on KTRM tower.

You can email me the log file to admin@pilot2atc.com and I can see what happened.

Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.  

Thanks,

Dave