Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

International Flightsim Convention 2005

Guest shanwick

IFC2005, heralded as the world's biggest flight sim convention, will take place again this year on 9 and 10 July at Blackpool in the United Kingdom.Information about the convention can be found here: http://www.ifcblackpool.com/David

Guest tezbedz

Hi,This is happening a week tomorrow, is anyone else attending, I shall be there with British Airlines Virtual, helping to promote BAV and online flying with VATSIM.Microsoft are also giving a presentation, though no-one is giving the subject matter away.Loads of other stuff, check out the Website.http://www.ifcblackpool.com/Hope to see you thereTerry

It sounds like a big convention, I wonder why Avsim hasn't said anything about this yet. I wonder if Microsoft will be there.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

the fact that it's sponsored by competitors may have something to do with it :)

I had an idea that might be the case, hopefully some cool products will be unveiled at this convention.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>It sounds like a big convention, I wonder why Avsim hasn't>said anything about this yet. I wonder if Microsoft will be>there.>>JeffFrom the IFC site."The US team from Microsoft will be attending IFC 2005 and will be giving an exclusive to IFC one hour seminar, to be held on both Saturday and Sunday. This will be an event you will NOT want to miss!!" "Microsoft is the official sponsor of IFC 2005, and we can announce that there will be one or two big surprises in store that you just can't afford to miss." "We are Very Excited to announce that the Development Manager from Aces Studio USA will present a 1 hour talk on both days from the Microsoft stage called ' The Making of Flight Simulator' this will cover the process of creating Microsoft Flight Simulator and how advances in technology influence their abilities to create advanced simulation programmes, This is NOT to be missed as this is the first time this talk will have ever been given.. "

Guest sb55mv

Hi Guy's.yes, this will definitely not be one to miss, there is literally something for everyone, and Microsoft are one of our Official Partners in the Convention.drop by our site to see a copy of the floor plan and see who's exhibiting.see you there.the IFC has also procured special discount prices from Easy jet for cheap tickets to and from the Convention out of Stanstead, a first for a Convention.

I'll be there too. I'm bringing Pete Dowson and we're staying for both days.Look forward to seeing you! :-wave Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather