Rockliffe

Pauses Finally Cured?

Hi Chris,

So many theories as to why this happens. Those pauses that are reproducible, and are occurring at the same spot or in close proximity to the same spot, suggest a local problem involving the problematic loading of certain textures/scenery objects. Another theory is that the sim is somehow being triggered to scan/index Scenery data unnecessarily and this data is situated remotely from the current flight situation. Slewing back from the spot that triggered the extended pause and then proceeding over that same spot without another pause may simply mean that the loading or scanning has completed. I have to say I have tried this in the past. Sometimes it worked, but mostly the outcome was inconsistent.

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Chris,

So many theories as to why this happens. Those pauses that are reproducible, and are occurring at the same spot or in close proximity to the same spot, suggest a local problem involving the problematic loading of certain textures/scenery objects. Another theory is that the sim is somehow being triggered to scan/index Scenery data unnecessarily and this data is situated remotely from the current flight situation. Slewing back from the spot that triggered the extended pause and then proceeding over that same spot without another pause may simply mean that the loading or scanning has completed. I have to say I have tried this in the past. Sometimes it worked, but mostly the outcome was inconsistent.

Regards,

Mike

I was getting 8 second pauses even with every setting off or on its minimum so there basically was so little scenery loading. I could also slew 50 miles to the left and then forward and would still hit this virtual line which triggered a pause. I will switch all scenery on except Ftx England where one known pause occurs and if it still pauses it's not local scenery triggering it. The best way to retrigger it is to reload the saved flight. Rob for pauses in Milford Sound New Zealand and his process monitor app showed at that point Prepar3D was searching through scenery in Spain I think

Chris

1 hour ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I was getting 8 second pauses even with every setting off or on its minimum so there basically was so little scenery loading. I could also slew 50 miles to the left and then forward and would still hit this virtual line which triggered a pause. I will switch all scenery on except Ftx England where one known pause occurs and if it still pauses it's not local scenery triggering it. The best way to retrigger it is to reload the saved flight. Rob for pauses in Milford Sound New Zealand and his process monitor app showed at that point Prepar3D was searching through scenery in Spain I think

Chris

That is the "mystery" that some of us are trying to track down... Is P3D doing this "by design" or is it a bug?

Either way, the best defense at present, appears to be to disable any scenery that is not going to used..

Does it fix the problem, no.  Does it remove the pain, yes. :cool:

Hey guys,

I thought something was wrong in my system but I am absolutely seeing this in 4.4

For example I have all Us FTX regions installed on top of orbx global + vector + openlc NA.

I am flying from Orbx KAVX in Realair Turbine to LatinVFR's KSNA on top of Orbx SoCal with UTLive AI.

Now I take off from KAVX and approaching KSNA in the horizon, the sim pauses and my GPU completely drops for a second and then the entire loads up and flight continues.  Why is this happening.  I am just Prepar3d v4 in super fast SSD and Graphics is 980 GTX SLI and all my autogen settings are normal...only major thing is 4096 textures.

any ideas on where to diagnose

I hope Rob can chime in