Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

ORBX 4.4 install errors

Anyone having issues reinstalling ORBX scenery?  Trying to reinstall global it just hangs on installing.  Close central and reopen it automatically try’s installing and hangs again.  This is on a new pc build.

Matt Wilson

Experiencing the same problem here.  Are you getting any error messages?  I got the "System I.O. FileNotFoundException... blah, blah, blah HRESULT: 0x80070002" warning box the first time I installed a scenery... nothing after that.  My installs seem to be going in fine... but FTX Central must be shut down after each scenery is installed (and then seems to hang).  My procedure is to end the task in Task Manager so I know FTX Central is shut down, then:

Delete the files in: C:\Users\user name\Appdata\Local\Orbx\Metadata (thus far I've found only a few files in that folder after installing each scenery)

and: C:\Users\user name\Appdata\Local\Temp\Orbx (the folder will be added again to the Temp folder once you install another scenery).

I'm seeing this problem on a complete and new install (on a newly built system) of the sim.  I'm on Windows 10 64 bit 1803.

Greg

58 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Experiencing the same problem here.  Are you getting any error messages?  I got the "System I.O. FileNotFoundException... blah, blah, blah HRESULT: 0x80070002" warning box the first time I installed a scenery... nothing after that.  My installs seem to be going in fine... but FTX Central must be shut down after each scenery is installed (and then seems to hang).  My procedure is to end the task in Task Manager so I know FTX Central is shut down, then:

Delete the files in: C:\Users\user name\Appdata\Local\Orbx\Metadata (thus far I've found only a few files in that folder after installing each scenery)

and: C:\Users\user name\Appdata\Local\Temp\Orbx (the folder will be added again to the Temp folder once you install another scenery).

I'm seeing this problem on a complete and new install (on a newly built system) of the sim.  I'm on Windows 10 64 bit 1803.

Greg

Ya I get a laundry list of install errors.  I won’t get the error the first time.  It’s after I restart central and it automatically tries installing again.  Very odd.  Windows 10 64 1803.  

Matt Wilson

17 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

...after I restart central and it automatically tries installing again.

Yep, for the time being I'm installing each scenery after doing the cleaning routine I mentioned.  It's a pain but at least the routine stops the automatic reload the next time FTX Central is started, then another scenery can be loaded. 

What version of FTX Central are you using?  I'm on 3.3.1.4 here.

Greg

Edited by lownslo
Add a question

9 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Yep, for the time being I'm installing each scenery after doing the cleaning routine I mentioned.  It's a pain but at least the routine stops the automatic reload the next time FTX Central is started, then another scenery can be loaded.

Greg

My problem is I can’t get a scenery to finish installing.  At least I don’t think so.  I haven’t loaded the sim to check.  I will try a small scenery and try your process.

Edited by mpw8679

Matt Wilson

Mine are finishing... FTX Central just acts as if they aren't.  I've checked the installs comparing them to an image of P3Dv4.3 I had saved.  I just have to follow the procedure I outlined above to keep the automatic reload from happening when I reopen FTX Central... then I can install the next scenery I wish.

Greg

12 minutes ago, lownslo said:

What version of FTX Central are you using?  I'm on 3.3.1.4 here.

Greg

I’m not at my PC but I downloaded the freshest central from the website today

Edited by mpw8679

Matt Wilson

3 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I’m not at my PC but I downloaded the freshest central from the website today

Then it's the same version I'm using.  Just found a thread over at the Orbx Support forums from a few days ago (before 4.4 was released) and will post a link to this thread for them to look at... hopefully this can be sorted with a minimum of fuss.  In the meantime I'll press on with the slow method.

Greg

I have had similar issues this weekend.

Updated Client, Scenery and Content modules.... sim started find, added all airports, they were all fine.  No problems closing out and restarting the sim, although I had some terrain issues.(black patches and missing textures)

I used the Verify Files option in the Orbx client to ensure the Orbx files were in good order.  But the terrain issues persisted.

So I  tried uninstalling the Orbx scenery completely, and uninstalled and reinstalled Client, Content, Scenery.    Added airport scenery (no problem) .  Closed and restarted the sim a number of times.  No problem.   Then i installed the Orbx Global texture files, started the sim....but P3D now wouldn't start - it hangs on the splash screen.  I tried this a few times including  Global Vector and LC together and individually before starting.  No luck.   The only thing that got me back into P3D was deleting the scenery.cfg.    I really  want to avoid a complete wipe and reinstall at all costs, but it looks like I may have to.  I seems the only action which triggered the stall in loading was any attempted Orbx installation

I also looked at the content errors log, nothing in relation to orbx at all, but it was always at the point of installing the Orbx files that this issue occurred.

Any ideas?

cheers

35 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I have had similar issues this weekend.

Updated Client, Scenery and Content modules.... sim started find, added all airports, they were all fine.  No problems closing out and restarting the sim, although I had some terrain issues.(black patches and missing textures)

I used the Verify Files option in the Orbx client to ensure the Orbx files were in good order.  But the terrain issues persisted.

So I  tried uninstalling the Orbx scenery completely, and uninstalled and reinstalled Client, Content, Scenery.    Added airport scenery (no problem) .  Closed and restarted the sim a number of times.  No problem.   Then i installed the Orbx Global texture files, started the sim....but P3D now wouldn't start - it hangs on the splash screen.  I tried this a few times including  Global Vector and LC together and individually before starting.  No luck.   The only thing that got me back into P3D was deleting the scenery.cfg.    I really  want to avoid a complete wipe and reinstall at all costs, but it looks like I may have to.  I seems the only action which triggered the stall in loading was any attempted Orbx installation

I also looked at the content errors log, nothing in relation to orbx at all, but it was always at the point of installing the Orbx files that this issue occurred.

Any ideas?

cheers

don't know if this will help   index  3  in this  thread

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/137098-prepar3d-v4-tutorials-and-orbx-troubleshooting/?tab=comments#comment-1267421

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg