Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

PTA v2.63 P3D v4.4 ERROR

I just upgraded PTA to v2.63 to support the new P3D version v4.4.

I tried to install some of the shaders from PTA but I got a error message.

ERROR message: "Applying preset D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D Addons Installers\PTA v2.63\Itay.ini...
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D Addons Installers\PTA v2.63\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D Addons Installers\PTA v2.63\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D Addons Installers\PTA v2.63\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D Addons Installers\PTA v2.63\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D Addons Installers\PTA v2.63\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D Addons Installers\PTA v2.63\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl not found
   Applying [Tweak main config (prepar3D.cfg)] to Main config file
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared"

What do I have to do ?

Thanks Itay

If I run the PTA as administrator I get the error:

Preset D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D Addons Installers\PTA v2.63\Itay.ini loaded
Prepar3D 4.4.16 build 27077 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Levi\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Levi\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

I tried to delete the file ShaderHLSL, but if I do it I can't click on "APPLY preset".

And I got the message: Preset D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D Addons Installers\PTA v2.63\Itay.ini loaded
Prepar3D 4.4.16 build 27077 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Levi\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Levi\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: Can't locate Prepar3D shaders folder

That's now because you're not using the original shaders. Reinstall the client module only of P3D, then run PTA again (as administrator) and it'll work.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Matt, Hi

I am having same problem after installed 2.67. I selected repair  Client Module of P3D.  I run PTA again (as administrator) Some errors cleared and  some errors are not cleared.

Preset C:\Users\asana\Downloads\pta_2.67\default.ini loaded
Prepar3D 4.5.12 build 30293 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\asana\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\asana\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

Applying preset C:\Users\asana\Downloads\pta_2.67\default.ini...
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\asana\Downloads\pta_2.67\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\asana\Downloads\pta_2.67\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\asana\Downloads\pta_2.67\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found
   Applying [Reduce cloud brightness at dawn/dusk/night] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Clouds shadows extended size] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying ["No popcorn" modifier] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Rayleigh scattering effect] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh
Shaders cache cleared

Edited by asanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

21 hours ago, asanal said:

Either use PTA v2.66 for your installation of P3D or update P3D to v4.5.13.32097 and use PTA v2.67.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Jay,

Thanks for your reply.

updated P3D to v4.5.13.32097 and use PTA v2.67.

Result as follow:

Preset C:\Users\asana\Downloads\pta_2.67\MattDaviesJuly2019.ini loaded
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\asana\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\asana\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

Applying preset C:\Users\asana\Downloads\pta_2.67\MattDaviesJuly2019.ini...
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\asana\Downloads\pta_2.67\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\asana\Downloads\pta_2.67\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\asana\Downloads\pta_2.67\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found
   Applying [Reduce cloud brightness at dawn/dusk/night] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Scale the width and height of clouds puffs] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying ["No popcorn" modifier] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Clouds lighting tuning] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Clouds saturation] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Clouds light scattering] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Clouds shadows depth] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Turn off clouds directional lighting] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Clouds Fog tuning] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Haze effect] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh
ERROR applying tweak [Haze effect]  Problem with patch #1 - Patched block not found.
   Applying [Sky Fog tuning] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh
ERROR applying tweak [Sky Fog tuning]  Problem with patch #1 - Patched block not found.
   Applying [FXAA quality] to D:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
   Applying [Tweak main config (prepar3D.cfg)] to Main config file
Shaders cache cleared
Preset C:\Users\asana\Downloads\pta_2.67\MattDaviesJuly2019.ini loaded

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I was facing the same error. Try to uninstall/reinstall P3D client (NOT repair). It worked for me.

Andreas

Edited by furger
  • Like 1

Andreas Furger

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.