Sign in to follow this  
BillCusick

NYPD - a heartwarming tale...

This does have an 'aviation' theme ?....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46421814

I can only marvel at the trouble that NYPD took on this - bloody marvelous...
A very pleasant 'heartwarming' tale - with a brilliant ending.

I can only guess at how she felt when she heard the ring drop....and although it
is not revealed - it looks very expensive.

Nice.

Regards

Bill

• Like 1

Great story. Once again it proves the old adage.....size matters 😊 .

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

1 hour ago, W2DR said:

Great story. Once again it proves the old adage.....size matters 😊 .

Now Doug...

I'm a little unsure re 'Size Matters' re aviation topics - unless we are referring to the A380 ?

Gotta be careful here...

But...I think this story is a gem - considering what all the news is about nowadays...

I found it a remarkable heartwarming tale. I am so delighted for this couple.

I can only marvel at the response by the NYPD. Well done.

Really nice to read items like this.

Regards

I saw the video of this several times on the News stations yesterday.  Great job by NYPD!  Now my question is...why in the name of all sanity is this guy pulling this ring out of his pocket and getting ready to kneel down over a drain gate in the middle of a sidewalk?  Sorta reminded me of the couple taking a selfie standing way too close to the edge of the Grand Canyon.:blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Um, he didn't propose over the grate. He proposed in Central Park, she accepted, and despite the too-large size, insisted on wearing it.

It was hours later when the ring decided to fall off, bounce twice and then swan dive into the grate.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 hours ago, charliearon said:

I saw the video of this several times on the News stations yesterday.  Great job by NYPD!  Now my question is...why in the name of all sanity is this guy pulling this ring out of his pocket and getting ready to kneel down over a drain gate in the middle of a sidewalk?  Sorta reminded me of the couple taking a selfie standing way too close to the edge of the Grand Canyon.:blink:

Ah, the old trick of photographers--just back up a little further, a little further please....  ATC uses this trick too with pilots when they want a lunch break, especially when working the control tower alone....

John

Bill was probably right!  The video was an outside store security camera that didn't really capture what was going on.  It looked like the guy was dropping to a knee and dropped the ring.  He was just trying to retrieved it.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

15 hours ago, BillCusick said:

This does have an 'aviation' theme ?....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46421814

I can only marvel at the trouble that NYPD took on this - bloody marvelous...
A very pleasant 'heartwarming' tale - with a brilliant ending.

I can only guess at how she felt when she heard the ring drop....and although it
is not revealed - it looks very expensive.

Nice.

Regards

Bill

The One Ring wanted to return to Sauron.....  It wanted to be found...

4 hours ago, Oracle427 said:

Oh no you didn't!

I'm one with the pun, the pun is with me :laugh:

Matthew Kane

Just imagine if that was in london you'd have no chance of the Met or a pcso helping you. 

I live on the 2 floor In a block of three flats.  I live in zone 2 in Central london

In the summer I locked my self out of the flat and went next door and asked to climb over their balcony onto my balcony to break in through the kitchen door. 

Whilst doing it 2 cops drove past and a traffic warden walked up the road checking residents permits  and not one of them stop to ask why I was messing around on a plank over a balcony jemmy the door open. 

In 18 months I've seen 3 people get mugged in front of my eyes from moped gangs.  

London is lost.  Id move to NY tomorrow. 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png