Sign in to follow this  
kolaf

P3D v4.4 + FLAi + vPilot

I'm having some trouble with getting vPilot to recognise the models installed using the new FLAI package. After installing the models, I start the flight simulator and enable the new FLAI add-on. However, when re-scanning the models, vPilot does not detect any changes, and I still only have the default list of planes.

A (maybe) related problem was that after installing the models with dynamic lighting, p3d crashed on start-up every time. After reverting back to the models without dynamic lighting, things seem stable.

I've tried searching around for information about getting the models recognised in vPilot, but no luck so far.

Is anyone else getting this to work?

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

I am having exactly the same issue. Fresh install of everything but vPilot is not recognizing the FLAI models although the FLAI addon is enabled. I didn't have any issue related to Dyn Light...just installed FLAi and launched the Sim and vPilot, but no sign of FLAI models being recognized.

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Great to hear, misery loves company 🙂.

Inspired by your success with dynamic lighting, I changed my settings and updated the models to use dynamic lighting again. This time p3d did not crash, so this was probably just a fluke.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

You need to enable the FLAI .vmr file in your Vpilot settings.  Go to Custom Rules/Advanced rules and add the FLAI file.   Also make sure that your default aircraft are unchecked in VPilot and ensure FLAI aircraft have priority over the others if you don't want default aircraft included as traffic.

You have to add D:\P3D addons\Flai AI traffic\SimObjects\Airplanes(or wherever your models are installed) To Simobejcts.cfg

• Like 1

Just now, paron said:

You have to add D:\P3D addons\Flai AI traffic\SimObjects\Airplanes(or wherever your models are installed) To Simobejcts.cfg

That too

4 minutes ago, paron said:

Thanks, but I thought this was taken care of by the add-ons.xml system? I have looked everywhere, but I cannot find the file simobjects.cfg. Do you have any hints to where I can find it?

Edited by kolaf

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

3 minutes ago, kolaf said:

Thanks, but I thought this was taken care of by the add-ons.xml system? I have looked everywhere, but I cannot find the file simobjects.cfg. Do you have any hints to where I can find it?

C drive/ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d/simobjects.cfg

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

C drive/Programme Data/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d/simobjects.cfg

Excellent, thanks. I thought I had remembered all the weird locations for relevant files. That seemed to have sorted out the problem, vPilot did now recognise a bunch of new models. It is weird that this was not covered by the FLAI documentation. It seemed to indicate that vPilot 2.1.17 could work with the add-on system without having to touch simobjects.cfg.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

1 hour ago, kolaf said:

It seemed to indicate that vPilot 2.1.17 could work with the add-on system without having to touch simobjects.cfg.

It should, please report this to FLAI so they can investigate.

They work very closely with Vpilot developers so I am sure they can move things on the right direction.

Regards,
S.

He guys,

Had the exact same issue and also "fixed" it with the respective entry in the simobjects.cfg.

However, what happens to the other components in the add-on.xml file, "Effects" and "Texture"? I'm having the bad feeling that they aren't being recognized by P3D either, just like the entry for "SimObjects"... 😞 (Want to avoid copying everything into the main P3D directory)

Cheers

Edited by maggussje

I believe the FLAI installer created addon.xml here, and I have it activated that way. Not via simobjects.cfg.

And there is no other addon for FLAI that I can separately activate. Merely the entry via XML.

I had to import .vmr by hand - I don't remember having to do that the first time I installed FLAI, but in between I updated to 4.4 (I completely removed P3D including some addons, but not FLAI), and then I reinstalled it. Since FLAI is in the E:\P3DAddon\ directory, airplane models got loaded. But for some reason, vpilot didn't show anything more.

So, import .vmr.

1 hour ago, SimonC said:

So, import .vmr.

That doesn't help when vPilot couldn't detect the FLAi models. The Custom Rule Set will then only allow vPilot to map any plane to a default (white) FLAi model...

Edited by maggussje

You are right.

vPilot only detects models that are in P3D (detected by P3D). So if vPilot doesn't recognize it, the next step would be P3D, I guess. Funny noone else reported it yet?