Sign in to follow this  
kolaf

P3D v4.4 + FLAi + vPilot

Add these lines to the simobjects.cfg file located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

[Entry.10]
Title=Flai
Path=F:\FLAi\SimObjects\Airplanes
Required=True
Active=True

Note: Your entry number may not be 10, just the next one in sequence.  Your path is wherever your FLAi airplanes are installed.  I've had success with this.

• Like 1

Indeed, that fixes it. But still doesn't explain why now suddenly. Until now, it did work with an .xml entry only.

Seeing threads in other places, the Flai authors know about it.  Last I saw, they hadn't migrated to 4.4 yet though so were unable to figure out the cause.

From one of the devs:

"Apparently you're not supposed to do the SimObjects.cfg trick I posted above (because you'll be missing certain effects and textures)."

so I wouldn't recommended adding it the raw way

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

2 hours ago, bjratchf said:

From one of the devs:

"Apparently you're not supposed to do the SimObjects.cfg trick I posted above (because you'll be missing certain effects and textures)."

so I wouldn't recommended adding it the raw way

How should I add it then as it doesn't do it automatic for me.

4 hours ago, paron said:

How should I add it then as it doesn't do it automatic for me.

The simobjects.cfg will "get the job done" per se, but will not include their effects- I'm guessing a fix is in the works. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

On 12/9/2018 at 5:53 PM, medx421 said:

Seeing threads in other places, the Flai authors know about it.  Last I saw, they hadn't migrated to 4.4 yet though so were unable to figure out the cause.

I have got the same response from the developers. I was told they were working with vPilot to fix it

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I deleted the add-on.xml installed by FLAi Operations Center and made a new one an xml editor. That seemed to have worked. vPilot picks up 1884 models though I didn't check if the FLAi effects and textures also work.

The only difference between the add-on.xml provided by FLAi and the one I made is "version 4,4" instead of "version 4,0".

It doesn't seem to be an issue between FLAi and vPilot, but P3D not detecting the add-on.xml properly.

Looking forward to the fix by FLAi.

Information recently posted on FLAI's Facebook page.

FLAi for P3D v4.4 fix
Several users have reported that FLAi is not recognized by vPilot after installing or upgrading to Prepar3d 4.4. After a lot of work and headache, we’re happy to share a quick fix you can use until vPilot is updated in the coming days.

Explanation

For some reason, Prepar3d has two addons.cfg files. Some addons get placed inside the “add-ons.cfg” file located in the ProgramData location, and some inside the version located in AppData. vPilot will currently only recognize what is inside the version located in AppData, so we need to move it to that location. vPilot will soon be updated so that this fix isn’t needed (it will check both files), however you can use this in the meantime to get going.

Instructions

Before we begin, if you’ve done any sort of work around like adding FLAi to your simobjects.cfg, please undo these works arounds and make sure you have a standard FLAi installation.
  1. Open up C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 You should see a “add-ons.cfg” file. Go ahead and open that up using notepad or notepad++.
  2. Browse through the “add-ons.cfg” file, do you see an entry with the path to your FLAi addon? If so, highlight and “cut” the entire entry (refer to example below). Make sure you renumber the [Package.x] entries to be in numerical order.
  3. Browse to %appdata%\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and you should see another “add-ons.cfg” file. Go ahead and up that up with notepad or notepad++
  4. Past the FLAi entry at the bottom of the “add-ons.cfg” file located in this Appdata location. Make sure you renumber the [Package.x] entry so that it is in numerical order.
  5. Launch P3D (you may actually not need to do this, however do it just in case to check for any error that may have been created in the process), and launch vPilot. You should now see FLAi recognized by vPilot.
Example entry, x should be changed to the number in the order it is listed. The path is an example, but should point to where you have your FLAi installed to.
[Package.x]
PATH=C:\Users\myname\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\
FLAIACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
  • Upvote 2