Sign in to follow this  
Remys

747 8i Data Link ETD ETA

Hello,

Just a Simple Question in the regarding DataLink ETE [Estimated Time Enroute]

there's a confusion regarding this entry.

is the ETE = Block Time for instance if block time is 50 mins from gate to gate it should be entered in the ETE or it should be added to the departure time 

so if ETD= 10:10 and Enroute Time= 50 mins ETE = 00:50 or ETE= 10:10 + 50 = 11:00 ?

thank you

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

9 minutes ago, Remys said:

Hello,

Just a Simple Question in the regarding DataLink ETE [Estimated Time Enroute]

there's a confusion regarding this entry.

is the ETE = Block Time for instance if block time is 50 mins from gate to gate it should be entered in the ETE or it should be added to the departure time 

so if ETD= 10:10 and Enroute Time= 50 mins ETE = 00:50 or ETE= 10:10 + 50 = 11:00 ?

thank you

ETE is based on total trip time or time in air.  So the time we enter is scheduled block out time and then the trip time. 

Example, Scheduled time of Departure (Block out) is 10:10 but the flight time say from SFO and OAK is 15 min, we enter 00:15 in ETE.  That way when the aircraft is airborne it knows to calculate the ETA accurately for ACARS.

Edited by thibodba57
  • Like 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

39 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

ETE is based on total trip time or time in air.  So the time we enter is scheduled block out time and then the trip time. 

Example, Scheduled time of Departure (Block out) is 10:10 but the flight time say from SFO and OAK is 15 min, we enter 00:15 in ETE.  That way when the aircraft is airborne it knows to calculate the ETA accurately for ACARS.

thanks a lot so in my case the ETE should Be 00:50 and not 11:00 correct?

Edited by Remys

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

3 minutes ago, Remys said:

Yes because you are only flying for 50min and not 11 hours. Ete is estimated time enroute. Enroute means flying.

11 minutes ago, Remys said:

If 00:50 is estimated time in the air yes.  If it's the estimated time block to block no.

• Like 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

5 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

If 00:50 is estimated time in the air yes.  If it's the estimated time block to block no.

yes totally correct. 00:50 is the block Time (Y) 

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

17 minutes ago, Remys said:

yes totally correct. 00:50 is the block Time (Y) 

The reason Block to Block isn't used is after departure a message is automatically sent via ACARS with an ETA.  So if you used Block to Block and Dispatch added total 45 min of Taxi time and it only took you 10 min there would be a rather large discrepancy.  Assigned parking might not be available or ground handling.  But I'd the air time is used then no matter what time you get in the air whether it's a longer or shorter taxi time accurate information is being sent.

Now that being said. This is the virtual world, big brother is not paying attention to what you enter. It's not going to make a difference 🙂

• Like 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

2 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

The reason Block to Block isn't used is after departure a message is automatically sent via ACARS with an ETA.  So if you used Block to Block and Dispatch added total 45 min of Taxi time and it only took you 10 min there would be a rather large discrepancy.  Assigned parking might not be available or ground handling.  But I'd the air time is used then no matter what time you get in the air whether it's a longer or shorter taxi time accurate information is being sent.

Now that being said. This is the virtual world, big brother is not paying attention to what you enter. It's not going to make a difference 🙂

yes, I got your point. and you're totally right, but as you know in order to be able to use ACARS you have to enter the ETD and ETE + Airline ICAO [Preflight] so when you're parked at the gate . and Since the ETE is the enroute time and since after departure the message is being sent to ACARS that should be fine. 

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

11 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

It probably will, because you never know who might be watching you via ACARS! 

If you are aiming for realisim it's always a good idea to input the correct times into the ACARS unit.- i.e. ETD (Estimated Time of Departure) and ETE (Estimated Time En-route).

On Another hand and a different topic, what is really weird is that in the EFB whatever the Fuel Qty is and the Weight the Optimum Flaps are always calculated as being 20. whereas in lot of cases it should be 10 any clue about this?

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

9 minutes ago, Remys said:

On Another hand and a different topic, what is really weird is that in the EFB whatever the Fuel Qty is and the Weight the Optimum Flaps are always calculated as being 20. whereas in lot of cases it should be 10 any clue about this?

Performance calculations is not fully functional that is why no optimum cal be calculated for thrust or flap setting I believe.

3 hours ago, Remys said:

I've seen Flap 10 as optimum setting in multiple sessions. 

3 hours ago, ph-cxz said:

Performance calculations is not fully functional that is why no optimum cal be calculated for thrust or flap setting I believe.

This is not directly related with ATM or reduced thrust calculations.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, Remys said:

I believe the EFB is still a work in progress.  Certain B744 operators use Flaps20 as their Standard Operating Procedure and for safety reasons will only consider using Flaps10 when there is a definite performance advantage. Accidents have happened in the past where the wrong takeoff flap setting has been used.

Here we go I shared with you a Link regarding the TOGA [TO], and Flaps Settings maybe someone could help:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WjwLvrO8haWIMovp7Xbe_8rXsWltI2Gk

The Problem is the Following:
1- the EFB Computed the "TO" , to 98 % the D-To N1 on the FMC is Shown as to Be 90.6% whereas I've Tried everything to set it up to 98% on the FMC. but counldn't  Override the D-To N1 . so whenever to TOGA is activated on the runway during takeoff the Engines  N1 Go to 90.6%. is there a way to be able to Override the ToGA Value on the FMC as desired and as computed by the EFB? . 2- the aircraft has only 11.1% of Fuel and low payload the EFB is Setting the Optimum flaps to 20 , whereas in this case it should be 10 MAx any clue also about this ? 
thank you

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525