Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Looking for the RXP mods for Real Air aircraft

Hi all,

I am searching for the configuration files for the RXP GTN750/650 and RXP GNS530/430 for the Real Air Turbine Duke v2 and Lancair Legacy aircraft.

Can anyone provide these mods or links to them? Searching through the RXP "Official Panel Configuration Mods" threads I found only a reference for the Lancair from Ryan but the links are broken.

I would be really grateful if  someone could put the Real Air aircraft mods in one place.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

3 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Hi all,

I am searching for the configuration files for the RXP GTN750/650 and RXP GNS530/430 for the Real Air Turbine Duke v2 and Lancair Legacy aircraft.

Can anyone provide these mods or links to them? Searching through the RXP "Official Panel Configuration Mods" threads I found only a reference for the Lancair from Ryan but the links are broken.

I would be really grateful if  someone could put the Real Air aircraft mods in one place.

Thank you very much.

Let me post what I have for the Real AirTurbine Duke v2 over inn the Official Panel.... thread.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Let me post what I have for the Real AirTurbine Duke v2 over inn the Official Panel.... thread.

Thank you so much Frank! I'm extremely grateful for your time and so kind response 🙂 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

Follow up. I just looked and I do not have a panel.cfg file for the Real Air TDv2 that uses GNS gauges.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

10 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Follow up. I just looked and I do not have a panel.cfg file for the Real Air TDv2 that uses GNS gauges.

Thank you for the follow up Frank and for your big help. I can use the GTN only in such case. Your GTN config worked perfectly on both the TDv2 and lancair. Only problem I see is that the rotaries are working in opposite directions. Right click or mouse wheel up, is decreasing the values and left click or mouse wheel down is increasing the values. Also the 'Home' and 'Direct To' buttons require a double click instead of single click. Are these some compromises we have to make or maybe I have done a mistake somewhere? 

Edited by Daedalus

29 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Are these some compromises we have to make or maybe I have done a mistake somewhere? 

Yes. Some aircraft require two clicks on the Home key. I have not noticed the need for two clicks on the D-> key.  Per the tuning knobs, I am not sure there. Honestly, I most often use the touch screen and type in the freq numbers. Not all aircraft need the .xml file.

The f1vc.xml file is not mine.  For questions about it I recommend you contact Ryan Butterworth.

Regards,
Frank

Frank Patton
ASUS 

@Daedalus

Here is the GNS modification for the RealAir Duke Turbine v2.

First go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64 or 32 if you're using a pre P3Dv4 sim. Find rxpGNS2.dll make a copy and rename it rxpGNS.dll.
You should now have rxpGNS.dll, and rxpGNS2.dll in the same folder.

"GNS V2 gauge also includes a unique technology: gauge name aliases. Old names in the panel.cfg file like rxpGNS!GNS530 work seamlessly with GNS V2!" Thank you Jean-Luc for this feature.

Now open the RealAir Duke configuration app and select your GNS gauge. If Reality XP GNS doesn't show as a selection open Config.ini located in C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Turbine Duke V2 P3D4\RealAir\duketv2p3d2\AutoPlay\Files.
At the top check this line: ignoreRxpDetect=1 make sure it's 1.

In sim open the GNS gauge settings and check "Use Default GPS Commands".
To popup the gauges open RealityXP.GNS.ini look for popleft = 15531 for the GNS530, popleft = 15431 GNS 430 for unit 1 or 15432 for unit 2.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@fppilot Okay, not a big issue as I agree with you its easier to input the frequencies through the touchscreen. Just for perfection, if Ryan Butterworth sees that, maybe he is aware why the rotaries work opposite, in case the fix is easy. Otherwise, no problem 🙂

@BillS511 I just did that and it worked perfectly! That was not an easy one to find. Amazing solution. Thanks so much!

• Upvote 1

@Daedalus
One other thing I should have mentioned. If you configure the Duke to GNS it will overwrite your GTN configuration.
What I do is configure the Duke with the GTN then make a copy of both the model folder and panel folder and name them like Model.GTN & Panel.GTN.
Then open aircraft.cfg and edit like the following example.

Spoiler

You can include the same aircraft twice just change the title=
After model= & panel= name of folders.

[fltsim.0] This will be the GNS configured aircraft.
title=RealAir Beech Duke Turbine V2 N157JT
sim=RealAir_Duke_Turbine_v2
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=N157JT
kb_checklists=RASDuke_turbine_check
kb_reference=RASDuke_turbine_ref
atc_id=N157JT
ui_typerole="Twin Engine TurboProp"
ui_createdby="RealAir"
ui_manufacturer=Beechcraft
ui_type=Duke Turbine V2
ui_variation=N157JT
description="RealAir Simulations Beechcraft Duke Turbine V2 - Please refer to the included documents and Guides in this package"

[fltsim.1] This will be the GTN configured aircraft.
title=RealAir Beech Duke Turbine V2 N157JT GTN
model= GTN
panel= GTN
sound=
texture=N157JT
atc_id=N157JT
ui_createdby="RealAir"
ui_type=Duke Turbine V2
ui_variation=N157JT
description="RealAir Simulations Beechcraft Duke Turbine V2 - Please refer to the included documents and Guides in this package"

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Very good idea Bill, thanks again for sharing. If I understand your solution right, it will eliminate the need to remember every time what I should change if I want switch from GNS to GTN but it will be bound to specific air frames. Sounds a very realistic solution too as in real life each too each air frame is fitted with its specific navigation. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, BillS511 said:

@Daedalus
One other thing I should have mentioned. If you configure the Duke to GNS it will overwrite your GTN configuration. What I do is configure the Duke with the GTN then make a copy of both the model folder and panel folder and name them like Model.GTN & Panel.GTN. Then open aircraft.cfg and edit like the following example.

Reveal hidden contents

You can include the same aircraft twice just change the title=
After model= & panel= name of folders.

[fltsim.0]
title=RealAir Beech Duke Turbine V2 N157JT
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=N157JT
atc_id=N157JT
ui_createdby="RealAir"
ui_type=Duke Turbine V2
ui_variation=N157JT

[fltsim.1]
title=RealAir Beech Duke Turbine V2 N157JT GTN
model= GTN
panel= GTN
sound=
texture=N157JT
atc_id=N157JT
ui_createdby="RealAir"
ui_type=Duke Turbine V2
ui_variation=N157JT

That is just what I do, but have not done that with the TDv2.  Have done it with the A2A Skylane 182, Milviz B55 Baron, Alabeo M20 Ovation, Carenado F406 Golden Eagle, to name some. 

I did kinda mess up my Milviz Baron as I neglected to save a totally analog panel and now am not sure how to get one back.  In the early '70s I gained my instrument rating in one and that was back before all this newfangled stuff! LOL!

Frank Patton
ASUS 

6 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Very good idea Bill, thanks again for sharing. If I understand your solution right, it will eliminate the need to remember every time what I should change if I want switch from GNS to GTN but it will be bound to specific air frames. Sounds a very realistic solution too as in real life each too each air frame is fitted with its specific navigation. 🙂

Exactly. You can do as many combinations of the same aircraft as you want as long each Title=, Model=, Panel= is unique.

Edited by BillS511

4 minutes ago, fppilot said:

That is just what I do, but have not done that with the TDv2.  Have done it with the A2A Skylane 182, Milviz B55 Baron, Alabeo M20 Ovation, Carenado F406 Golden Eagle, to name some. 

Great minds think alike!😃