Sign in to follow this  
Sky Prince

PMDG 747-8i and FS Recorder, but first...

Hello,

Firstly, I just want to extend a huge thank you to PMDG for an absolutely wonderful production, that being the Boeing 747-8i in all its glory. I am very happy with my purchase. No regrets on this side of the world.

Ever since I found PMDG I have not flown anything else. I have been won.

Well done, PMDG crew. You are all amazing.

I have been attempting to record a few flights for YouTube, showing off my new purchase. I am, however, experiencing quite a difficult time getting the wing gear to retract with everything else upon take off.

The FS Recorder version I am using is 2.181a.

I understand that most features of the PMDG requires that you manually operate systems such as flaps, spoilers, gear, and a few other bits and pieces. But, when I replay the takeoff and retract the gear manually, the wing gear is still not locking into its position. 

Has anyone successfully recorded their flight with FS Recorder and this aircraft?

Please do leave a comment with any suggestions. I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Sky Prince said:

Hello,

Firstly, I just want to extend a huge thank you to PMDG for an absolutely wonderful production, that being the Boeing 747-8i in all its glory. I am very happy with my purchase. No regrets on this side of the world.

Ever since I found PMDG I have not flown anything else. I have been won.

Well done, PMDG crew. You are all amazing.

I have been attempting to record a few flights for YouTube, showing off my new purchase. I am, however, experiencing quite a difficult time getting the wing gear to retract with everything else upon take off.

The FS Recorder version I am using is 2.181a.

I understand that most features of the PMDG requires that you manually operate systems such as flaps, spoilers, gear, and a few other bits and pieces. But, when I replay the takeoff and retract the gear manually, the wing gear is still not locking into its position. 

Has anyone successfully recorded their flight with FS Recorder and this aircraft?

Please do leave a comment with any suggestions. I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

As our products use a lot of custom coding outside the sim engine, recorders like FSrecorder can not capture this custom coding. Hence the issue you are seeing. You can use nvidia shadow play to capture your clip but this means that you can no replay in different views.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

As our products use a lot of custom coding outside the sim engine, recorders like FSrecorder can not capture this custom coding. Hence the issue you are seeing. You can use nvidia shadow play to capture your clip but this means that you can no replay in different views.

Good morning,

Thank you very much for responding. 

Does this mean that with the 747-400 V3, which is the base pack for the 747-8i, FS Recorder will too not capture this same custom coding? Or, are the coding different between the 744 and 748i?

35 minutes ago, Sky Prince said:

Does this mean that with the 747-400 V3, which is the base pack for the 747-8i, FS Recorder will too not capture this same custom coding? Or, are the coding different between the 744 and 748i?

every pmdg products feature custom coding. from the b737 to the latest b748.

41 minutes ago, Sky Prince said:

Good morning,

Thank you very much for responding. 

As Koen wrote this will happen on all of our products and most of other 3rd party addons.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

19 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

As Koen wrote this will happen on all of our products and most of other 3rd party addons.

Then, the landing gear should retract as it have been in the 744 V3. Nothing should be different. I've made videos successfully retracting the gear manually after taking off. I'm not sure why this time with the 748i the wing gear refuses to lock into position. I thought many people who use FS Recorder would be able to chime in and provide their feedback on this.

Thank you for your time so far. Have a great day!

When have you recorded the 744 for the last time? There was a massive change of the code when the 748 came out to make the update possible. I don‘t know how or how not FSRecorder can or could be used with other PMDG aircraft but there were several topics in the past here in the forum about that. Unfortunately it‘s not possible (anymore?) to use the replay with either Jumbo. 

1 minute ago, Ephedrin said:

When have you recorded the 744 for the last time? There was a massive change of the code when the 748 came out to make the update possible. I don‘t know how or how not FSRecorder can or could be used with other PMDG aircraft but there were several topics in the past here in the forum about that. Unfortunately it‘s not possible (anymore?) to use the replay with either Jumbo. 

Wow!!! No way!!! Last time I made a video was around summer period.

Well, PMDG's next goal is a recorder for FSX! Lol!

2 hours ago, Sky Prince said:

Wow!!! No way!!! Last time I made a video was around summer period.

Yeah, the latest update happened end of September with the release of the 747-8.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

5 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Yeah, the latest update happened end of September with the release of the 747-8.

I actually managed to successfully render a video with FS Recorder. It's a landing video. As soon as I've uploaded it I'll share. I'll then attempt once more to render a takeoff video. If that fails then it's just the landing that FS Recorder will be able to capture. I think maybe even CRZ once I confirm this through trying.

Two years late, but im having issues myself with FSrecorder (FSX). I am missing the render video section in the drop down FSRecorder section in the FSX menu bar. Can someone help? Im using FSRecorder 2.01 all it can do is make .frc files.