Schlotterknie

PTA v2.63 - Water surface tuning incompatibility

I know people want to use PTA, but for pete's sake, wait until Matt puts out the next version. You're just causing yourself headaches. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

7 hours ago, Sunny Andonov said:

I am also suffering from the light washed out grass. Updated to 4.4 by reinstalling client and content. In addition also re-installed FTX Global but the the issue is still there. I found out if I restore the original shaders the grass looks normal, but after applying a PTA preset looks washed out and light. Any idea how to fix this issue?

I7PA9vUgtXJ-GXY-DTEbbCiaY2qhd17aq-UbEedu

Which preset did you try ?

Can you try another preset to see If that helps ?

9 hours ago, Sunny Andonov said:

I found out if I restore the original shaders the grass looks normal, but after applying a PTA preset looks washed out and light

You have to restore a shader-file that has already been tweaked by PTA 2.62 under P3D 4.3 after you applied a preset with PTA 2.63. Othwerwise you will overwrite the resored file again.

@GSalden I used a preset from AviationLads but now I've downloaded ThoPat for testing purposes and indeed it looks much better. Something must have changed in P3D shaders, because the same Aviation Lads preset works beautifully in 4.3 with perfect green grass and no over saturation.

@Schlotterknie

31 minutes ago, Schlotterknie said:

You have to restore a shader-file that has already been tweaked by PTA 2.62 under P3D 4.3 after you applied a preset with PTA 2.63. Othwerwise you will overwrite the resored file again.

I am not sure what do you mean. Could you please clarify? I installed PTA 2.63, and the app created a backup of the original 4.4 shaders. Then I copied my preset file from 2.62 folder to 2.63 folder and applied it successfully with removing the water tunning option. When I want to change the preset I restore the original shaders and then select a new preset then apply. Is this the right procedure?

A screenshot from the new ThoPat preset I applied which is also made for 4.3 and PTA 2.62

7XlB6gyOLgJFPV0-c-wxZ6rj8bptvI6me1lEvYai

Edited by Sunny Andonov

It is only the water surface tuning that is causing issues but Matt is working on that and I am looking into a temporary hybrid GPUterrainfx file : all V4.4 , only the water parts of V4.3.

LM has made water looking more realistic in V4.4 but as was using expressions already for water surface that made it look more realistic than the default V4.3 water shader parts made it.

I want to achieve that this hybrid version can be tweaked with PTA 2.63 and will work with V4.4....

@Sunny Andonov If you want to have a tweaked water surface in P3D 4.4 you have to restore a backup of a 4.3 GPUTerrain shaderfile that has already been tweaked by PTA 2.62 to your liking.

If you apply a preset with PTA 2.63 (P3D 4.4) you have to restore the tweaked 4.3 GPUTerrain backup to get your tweaked water surface. Any changes you made in the new 2.63 preset you applied that wrote modifications into the GPUTerrain.fx shader file (which is of course not reduced to water surface tuning only) will then be reverted bakc to what you had in your P3D 4.3 preset as you restored the P3D 4.3 (PTA 2.62) GPUTerrain backup and replaced any changes you made with PTA 2.63.

You also have to be aware that you have to restore the P3D 4.3 (PTA 2.62) GPUTerrain shaderfile everytime after you applied a preset with PTA 2.63 (P3D 4.4).

The screenshot you provided just shows photoreal surrounding of some airport addon. Not the best of examples in terms of terrain shader tweaking.

• Like 1

Thanks for clarifying. I actually do not edit the preset in PTA 2.63, just load, un-tick the water tunning and apply. That's why I lost you first time but now it's clear. I think I am gonna wait till Matt fixes this water problem.

Regarding the screenshot. Yes, it is a from an add-on airport as my first screen shot was from. I was just trying to show that the green color looks much better after changing the preset and not over saturated.

Cheers

Look ate the top of this forum for a workaround so you can use Water Surface Tuning again. 

Edited by GSalden