Sign in to follow this  
mryan75

4.4 clean install question

Guys, I hate to be a newb, but quick question:

I really don't have lot installed, just one A2A plane, one UTX region, a few airports, REX4 and RXP650. I don't mind doing the work but I want to do this right. I downloaded the full 4.4 and I have all of my addons either re-downloaded or have the installers.

Do I:

1. Uninstall all of the addons first, then uninstall v4.3, then delete the 6 extra folders, then install 4.4, then the addons? or

2. Just uninstall 4.3, restart, install 4.4?

If I have to uninstall all the addons individually, do I do a full restart after each uninstall? IN other words, uninstall my A2A plane, restart PC. Then uninstall REX4, restart, uninstall UTX, restart, etc. Or can I just uninstall everything and do 1 restart?

I don't mind doing the work, I just want to do it right. Thanks!

maybe this helps:

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I did a full install, the reason for this was I did a client only install from 4.2 to 4.3, and recently upgraded  from w7 to w10.

As your addons are only a few, I would also suggest a full install.

uninstall all your addons, uninstall Prep3D and  remove the 6 extra folders and make sure any left over folders are files are removed.

( I use a registry cleaner to check for left over entries. )

Install ver 4.4 and  then run, go to spot view and do a couple of 360's  , check your setting's and alter to suit your computer and gpu.

close P3D and restart and check things are ok. after your satisfied think about the order of your addons to install but before doing so make copies of the ShadersHLSL and Texture folders.

bob

I just decided to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. The stock visuals in 4.4 are gorgeous. The only stupid thing I did is forget to write down my settings before uninstalling 4.3. No big deal. 

10 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

I just decided to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. The stock visuals in 4.4 are gorgeous. The only stupid thing I did is forget to write down my settings before uninstalling 4.3. No big deal. 

No harm done, you will sort the settings out, dontforget to make copies of the shaders and texture folders.

Bob  ps ...... Install addons one by one and test.

1 hour ago, onebob said:

No harm done, you will sort the settings out, dontforget to make copies of the shaders and texture folders.

Bob  ps ...... Install addons one by one and test.

Yeah, I have been doing them one by one. What do you mean by copying the shaders and texture folders?

1 minute ago, mryan75 said:

What do you mean by copying the shaders and texture folders?

Original shaders, I do the same, in case I have issues when installing PTA. For the textures, it's an option when installing FTX Global from ORBX or any region, to have the original P3D files in case of trouble.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

11 hours ago, edpatino said:

Original shaders, I do the same, in case I have issues when installing PTA. For the textures, it's an option when installing FTX Global from ORBX or any region, to have the original P3D files in case of trouble.

Cheers, Ed

Much appreciated, Ed!