Sign in to follow this  
trulsp

Beacon light not "flashing" Correctly

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

In this case, the issue is with the PMDG 747-400, not the -8, and concerns the red beacons only. Their flash rate (when flashing) is more than adequate. They are strobes, not LEDs. The problem appears to be that they occasionally stop flashing completely for two or three seconds, then start back up.

On my own system, it appears to be directly related to using a locked frame rate of 30, vs. unlimited. With frames locked, I see pauses. When unlocked, they do not pause. I really never noticed before, and really don’t care one way or the other. I checked how the lights worked on my own P3D installation out of curiosity after someone else mentioned it.

Thanks Jim. I agree with that point. I’m also stating that the wingtip long flash LEDs have a bit longer “on” states then in reality. 

Aaron

Aaron Lee