Sign in to follow this  
ricere

PMDG 737-800 W/L FMC will not load route

PMDG 737-800 W/L NGX flight plan will not load to FMC from flight plan folder - malfunction occurs listing input as an 'invalid entry' when trying to enter PFPX route! The same plan is also distributed to my 777L/F, 747-400F and passenger version and my 747-8i/F addons flightplan folders as well with no issues...they load!  Also, I have no saved 'start up' configurations...only what was provided when I installed the aircraft.

My computer specs:

Dell Alienware Aurora R7 Desktop w/Intel® Core i7-8700K (6 core/12-thread, 12MB Cache, up to 4.7GHz w/Intel Turbo Boost Technology), Win 10 HP 64-bit, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 @ 2666MHz (2X16GB), 1 TB 7200rpm SATA 6Gb/s (storage) and 1 TB SSD (OS), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti w/11GB GDDR5X, 850W EPA Bronze PSU w/Liquid Cooled Chassis.

Richard Rice
ricere@charter.net

Regards,

Richard Rice

...replying to my own post just to say 'good evening' and hope that you can provide feedback or a possible fix!

Cheers!

Richard Rice

Regards,

Richard Rice

Morning Chris,

I sure can. Prior to every flight when it's not a local (same airport) I build my route with PFPX, choose my airports, plan my weights and let it choose my routing as well. With that completed I save the file to three different locations based on the airframes that I constantly fly and which I defined by the options available, which is the 'Flightplans' folder for the PMDG 777,747 and 737 with a directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\737 for my use. Granted, for my remaining two addons (777/747) all I do then is just change the type of aircraft for the end of the directory string. As stated earlier the 777 and 747 (the way I have it setup will dump a copy of that same flightplan into the respective aircraft folder(s). From that point, I go back to load my aircraft that I want to fly and then select the 'FMC' option from the FMC menu, enter the departure and destination airfields and then type in the route ID for the flight (in this case it was (KPHXKRDU01.rte) for the 737, but as soon as I perform this function, I'm immediately shown an action in the bottom left corner of the FMC display screen "invalid entry". This is the problem I'm having. To finish my troubleshooting experience, I also loaded the 747-400, 777, and the 747-8F and the FMC's accepted the routing I wanted and prefilled the routing and everything else needed to prepare the aircraft(s) for flight! I had no further issues. I hope this was the detail you were looking for.

Thanks for what you do! Love your products!

Cheers!

Richard Rice

Regards,

Richard Rice

17 minutes ago, ricere said:

Morning Chris,

I sure can. Prior to every flight when it's not a local (same airport) I build my route with PFPX, choose my airports, plan my weights and let it choose my routing as well. With that completed I save the file to three different locations based on the airframes that I constantly fly and which I defined by the options available, which is the 'Flightplans' folder for the PMDG 777,747 and 737 with a directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\737 for my use. Granted, for my remaining two addons (777/747) all I do then is just change the type of aircraft for the end of the directory string. As stated earlier the 777 and 747 (the way I have it setup will dump a copy of that same flightplan into the respective aircraft folder(s). From that point, I go back to load my aircraft that I want to fly and then select the 'FMC' option from the FMC menu, enter the departure and destination airfields and then type in the route ID for the flight (in this case it was (KPHXKRDU01.rte) for the 737, but as soon as I perform this function, I'm immediately shown an action in the bottom left corner of the FMC display screen "invalid entry". This is the problem I'm having. To finish my troubleshooting experience, I also loaded the 747-400, 777, and the 747-8F and the FMC's accepted the routing I wanted and prefilled the routing and everything else needed to prepare the aircraft(s) for flight! I had no further issues. I hope this was the detail you were looking for.

Thanks for what you do! Love your products!

Cheers!

Richard Rice

Richard,

Please open a support ticket from the support.precisionmanuals.com portal and attached the .rte FP that you have the issue to check here.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

3 hours ago, ricere said:

enter the departure and destination airfields and then type in the route ID for the flight (in this case it was (KPHXKRDU01.rte) for the 737

Try entering just KPHXKRDU01, or try entering ORIG and DEST as KRDU then click the REQUEST LSB, you should then see pages of 737 flightplans stored in the folder you use for the NGX.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP