Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

The dreaded blurries.

I’ve just installed P3DV4.3 plus TE Netherlands Orbx. I’ve tried all different graphics settings (FSX user for 10 years) to try to alleviate the dreaded blurries, that are far worse than I ever suffered with FSX, incredibly. The most unusual aspect is that the blurries are evident from the very beginning which is a first for me. Running an i7 @ 4.5ghz 16 RAM and 1080ti. No matter how I adjust the sliders it makes no difference. Is this a common problem? 

Any advice received with thanks. 

Keith Sandford.

Why 4.3 and not 4.4?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I say just. 3 weeks ago. But had a nightmare downloading and installing Orbx scenery. 

Edited by slip-stream

Keith Sandford.

didn't think  you could  install  p3d4,3  only  4.4  from the  download  page  from lm

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 minute ago, slip-stream said:

I say just. 3 weeks ago. But had a nightmare downloading and installing Orbx scenery. 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/137098-prepar3d-v4-tutorials-and-orbx-troubleshooting/?tab=comments#comment-1267421

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

30 minutes ago, slip-stream said:

The most unusual aspect is that the blurries are evident from the very beginning which is a first for me.

That doesn't sound like a common issue. I do know I myself had to lower quite a few settings in order to get a rather steady 23 fps (...) but I didn't have blurries all over the place. Certainly right from the very beginning. I can't help you with this, sorry, but I just wanted to let you know this isn't common.

However, blurry photoreal is rather common with P3D <4.4, so I've read: 4.4 has a few options to solve that. So you might want to update to 4.4 anyway: you don't need to reinstall TrueEarth all over again for that.

Thanks J van E. Very helpful. I’ll upgrade tonight and see if it makes any difference. It’s a shame as on XP11 the scenery is stunning but on P3D it’s like FS9

Keith Sandford.

Forgot to add that pausing the sim has no effect whatsoever. The blurries are fixed no matter what. 

Keith Sandford.

3 hours ago, slip-stream said:

Thanks. That’s what I’m praying for. 

Update to 4.4 as soon as you can Keith. v4.3 almost had me turning to XP because of the darn blurry photosceneries. Even at default, 4.4 has eradicated this issue. If you are getting blurries with photosceneries in 4.4 then you clearly have some issues either with your cfg or 'in sim' slider settings. 

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Texture EXP = 10 setting I have found really helps with slow loading textures and blurries, couple with Texture Bandwidth of 120. I was having issues on my system, which is exceptionally maintained, P3D on its own m.2 SSD and SLI and I still had blurries particularly starting the longer flown from the scenario starting point. In preliminary tests it was worse in 4.4 but I also applied some the new 4.4 settings Rob talked about which helped a good amount as well.

Edited by American 833 Heavy

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Update to 4.4 as soon as you can Keith. v4.3 almost had me turning to XP because of the darn blurry photosceneries. Even at default, 4.3 has eradicated this issue. If you are getting blurries with photosceneries in 4.3 then you clearly have some issues either with your cfg or 'in sim' slider settings. 

Hi there. I think you mean default 4.4 and you are correct. What an amazing difference. I think they may have finally solved the dreaded tweaking that we’ve done for all these years. 

Keith Sandford.