Sign in to follow this  
odaber

p3d v4.4 default airplanes will not load

So you think I should move all my airplanes out of my Airplanes-folder, reload with only my f-22 in my Airplanes-folder and take it from there, adding one by one of my airplanes, seeing which one is corrupt?

7 minutes ago, odaber said:

So you think I should move all my airplanes out of my Airplanes-folder, reload with only my f-22 in my Airplanes-folder and take it from there, adding one by one of my airplanes, seeing which one is corrupt?

Yes, let's try that to see if we find the culprit.

Regards 

S.

I tried this solution out v4.3 Cont and 4.4 Client and failed while only IRIS F-22 by default was in my Airplanes-folder. Same remark when starting P3D: "Vehicle initialization has failed for: F-22 Raptor-525th Fighter Squadron. You will now be placed in vizualization-only mode".

6 minutes ago, odaber said:

I tried this solution out v4.3 Cont and 4.4 Client and failed while only IRIS F-22 by default was in my Airplanes-folder. Same remark when starting P3D: "Vehicle initialization has failed for: F-22 Raptor-525th Fighter Squadron. You will now be placed in vizualization-only mode".

The test was to see if you would find the F-22 listed on your selectable aircraft, the message could be still appearing as there are different types of F-22 repaints, etc.

So was it available on the selection list?

S.

Edited by simbol

No! Now I really wonder what's wrong??? I'm back to good "old" 4.3 and it works as it shall. On the other side; I really want 4.4 and hope to be able to update, one way or the other,- some day…..

With regards

1 hour ago, odaber said:

No! Now I really wonder what's wrong??? I'm back to good "old" 4.3 and it works as it shall. On the other side; I really want 4.4 and hope to be able to update, one way or the other,- some day…..

With regards

You can try something else:

• Remove 4.3 Client
  • Make a Backup of SimObject.cfg
  • Delete the SimObject.cfg
  • Install 4.4 Client
  • Check if you get the F-22 and other default aircraft loading.

Regards,
S.

Edited by simbol

I'm having a very similar issue.

Posted HERE on Avsim. Trying tons of things with no avail. Will keep you posted!

This is how I solved it (from P3D forum):

At last I succeeded in opening my airplane-folder in SimObjects v4.4.
I copied from Poppet's advise and passed this entry in SimObject.cfg inspite I had it written correctly:

[Entry.0]
Title=Default Airplanes
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
Required=True
Active=True

Then I deleted:
1. SimObjects.cfg
2. VehicleFavorites.xml
3. Prepar3D.cfg file
4. Prepar3D_Default.fxml and Prepar3D_Default.wx
5. Shaders
6. Prepar3D v4 Files
7. Deleted Generated Files

I think the clue lies in the written texture in simobjecs.cfg, as mentioned elsewhere and to delete generated files.
Thank you ever so much, Elaine!!!! You are a true Wizzard!!

• Upvote 1

I have the same problem. PMDG B737-800 is not accepted and I had to use the taskmanager to delete the B737 in the Prepar3d.cfg! Otherwise I see Prepar3d.exe is in the taskmanager in the details, but not on my desktop! 

Very boring.

Using Prepar3d v. 4.4.16.27077; PMDG special bought for Prepar3d. But also the standard B737 gives the same problem.

With kind regards,

Harmen Weistra,

KLM-VA

IVAO.

Sorry, did not see the solution! Wil start to use this solution!

Harmen Weistra.

Is this correct?

1. SimObjects.cfg                   C:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\
2. VehicleFavorites.xml          C:\user\your name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\
3. Prepar3D.cfg file                C:\user\your name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\
4. Prepar3D_Default.fxml      C:\user\your name\AppData\local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\

Prepar3D_Default.wx         C:\user\your name\AppData\local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\
5. ShadersHLSL.cfg              C:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\
6. Prepar3D v4 Files             C:\user\your name\Documenten\
7. Deleted Generated Files   Could not find this map!

I have deleted these files and tried again, but no succes! What did I wrong! Is there an Elaine?

With kind regards,

Harmen Weistra.