Sign in to follow this  
Branimir

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error: Is there a solution?

Hello!

Today I was flying LJLJ-LFPG and after 1 hour and 20 minutes on FL360 with B737-800 I got this error:

https://gyazo.com/576daeb0ed48d269cf8de78bdd3dd49f

I already read similar topic on AVSIM but it was about V3.4 not V4.3. 

I also searched on the internet about this error but I still don't know what is the cause. My GPU had temperature around 55°C when I got this error and I did not overclock my GPU and I have never got this error

Is my GPU faulty? Can power outage be the cause? Because today in the morning there was a power outage in entire Ljubljana (this never happened before) and whole city was without electricity for about 3 min. I was preparing for flight, I entered all the data into FMC and I was ready for push back and all of a sudden my PC lost electricity, lights went off... Did power outage brake my GPU?

Thank you!

Specs:

Windows 10

i7-7700 (4.2 GHz, HT enabled)

KFA2 GTX 1060 (factory OC)

2x8 GB DDR4 RAM

GIGABYTE 750W PSU Gold Plus

Edited by Branimir
missing words today and in the morning

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

Are you using asus GPU tweak 2?? 

Are you limiting FPs in ndivia Inspector or GPU tweak 2

It's nothing to do with temp of the gfx card, 55 is fine, 80 would be issue. 

Out of interest how are you monitoring the gfx temps? 

14ppkc-6.png

I am not using GPU tweak 2.
I am running at unlimited FPS. If I limit FPS I always get only around 20FPS. I have 30-40 FPS on unlimited most of the time. I am running on unlimited for a year and I never had this issue.
I tried limiting FPS with nVidia inspector but I get input delay in Prepar3D if I tweak settings in nVidia inspector. 

I am using MSI Afterburner to monitor temps.

Edited by Branimir

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

In the same folder as P3D.cfg there should be a file called dxdiag.  Open that up and see if you can find a clue there. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Branimir said:

I am not using GPU tweak 2.
I am running at unlimited FPS. If I limit FPS I always get only around 20FPS. I have 30-40 FPS on unlimited most of the time. I am running on unlimited for a year and I never had this issue.
I tried limiting FPS with nVidia inspector but I get input delay in Prepar3D if I tweak settings in nVidia inspector. 

I am using MSI Afterburner to monitor temps.

Are you overclocking in afterburner?? 

14ppkc-6.png

Am and not overclocking. 

I have just updated nVidia drivers and I will make the same flight to test if it's solved.

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

I have the problem that during flight the flight freezee and only sound is audible. I tried different aircraft but that does not make a difference .My system is: NVIDIA 1080, I7 CPU and P3D v4.3.

Could the solution you propose solve this issue. I am quite reluctant to change anything in my resistry as I am not expert enough to solve subsequent issues. So I will only try when this will be the only solution. 

Thanks for your advice

Hans

I was having the same problems and in another thread someone said that they cured their problem by going back to the 391.24 nVidia drivers. I also went back to this driver version on 7th July and so far no further problems and not had to make any registry changes. 

Phil

Edited by wardp

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

Here's rundown of my experiences:

- Driver: 397.64

- No GPU overclocking, or using any kind of GPU-management software, be that clock, memory, fans, readings...

- no Nvidia Inspector, nor any kind of GPU-configuration software beside the one from Nvidia

- no Geforce Experience, or 3D-vision, only drivers + hd-audio + physics

- limit the FPS in the sim, slightly below what you can achieve

- and when you maybe uninstalled/removed any kind of such software, clean the current driver with DDU and install the above driver

Limiting the FPS in the sim is a GOOD thing. You allow your sim to "think" and not to chase FPS... It is clear that FPS drop a lot if you set to locked (for instance, you have unlocked 40, but lock to 60, and you have 30...? normal). That is due to 0.33 fiber frame time fraction default setting, which basically says take a 3rd of CPU time for texture loading. You can however set it to lower. I run 0.05, and have never had issues with texture loading. YMMV of course, you might be fine with 0.1. The point being, you take only 10% of CPU resources for texture loading, which gives with better FPS when the sim is running locked. You can observe the FPS go to nearly the same FPS as when you have it unlocked.

Edited by SimonC

I was able to complete the same flight LJLJ-LFPG without problems. I updated GPU drivers and restored shaders before flight. Previous drivers might were an issue. I had 40-50 FPS at LJLJ and at cruising alt and 25-30 at LFPG. 

I need to make more flights to be sure it is fixed.

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

to confirm i updated drivers last flight to the new ones.  the issue is still here and still no news from LM about the issue... even though its been constantly mentioned on the forums.  Why don't they just admit there's an issue with the drivers after 397.64

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Only recently (since P3D4.3, and still with P3D4.4) I started to get these DXGI device has hung messages. Originally, when they started, they only occurred at dusk or at night. But I've just tried re-enabling my FTX England scenery to see what it looks like in version 4.4.

Now the crash occurs in the daytime, 100% consistently, within a couple of minutes of the scenario starting up (my default, at UK2000's EGCC).

The GPUs (I have 3 x 1080Ti's in SLI formation) are never loaded to more than 45% (according to Task Manager), so I don't understand what is going on. Is this a P3D problem, or an nVidia driver problem? The error report appears to be from P3D. I have tried various nVidia drivers, Currently I'm on 416.94.

My installation is pretty well loaded up with addons as well as Orbx, but I tried with the FTC OpenLC Europe disabled, and with all my UTX layers disabled too, to no avail. With no FTX Europe regions enabled all is well -- for daytime flying. I can't use it at night because of the same errors.

I'll ask on the P3D forum too. I need a solution, or my Orbx purchases are useless (I have all of the FTX Europe country regions and was looking forward to trying them, but I can't get passed the first couple of minutes after loading).

Whilst awaiting answers I'll continue experimenting. Things to try:

1. Disabling SLI
2. Changing drivers yet again (go for the latest first ...
3. ... er: there is no 3 ... yet.

Thanks,
Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

There is a lot of discussion pinned in the AVSIM CTD Forum.  The error is all over the Internet and the most likely fix is not trying to overclock your video card.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

the most likely fix is not trying to overclock your video card.

It isn't overclocked. It is one which comes ready set with a higher than default nVidia performance, but I haven't touched it.

I'll checkout the CTD forum -- I didn't even realise there was one. Of course, this error isn't a CTD. P3D is still running, and you can continue and it will contune, operating as if nothing was wrong as far as I can tell from myconnected utilities. but the display is blank and doesn't return even with a scenerio re-load.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen