Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Quick Question on 4.4

By only installing the client, what would I miss out on by not doing content and scenery?  I wasn't sure if any of that PBR stuff or any of the "cool" new features are in content or scenery.  I am always hesitant when doing these installs because I am afraid that I will lose addons by doing the content or scenery.  However, if there is a must have within those files, than I'd want to know.  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Read the Content and Scenery sections of this: http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/what_is_new/new_v44.html and see if there's anything you need in there - most likely not!

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

3 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

By only installing the client, what would I miss out on by not doing content and scenery?  I wasn't sure if any of that PBR stuff or any of the "cool" new features are in content or scenery.  I am always hesitant when doing these installs because I am afraid that I will lose addons by doing the content or scenery.  However, if there is a must have within those files, than I'd want to know.  Thanks!

If you run with adddon aircraft and sceneries, then the client only install should be fine. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

8 hours ago, simbol said:

The content includes some updates for water rendering, it is recommended to install all the components.

Regards 

S.

There's nothing water-related listed in the Content section of the change log, whereas the Client section has a few items:

Fixes and Improvements

• Made optimizations to water rendering by removing unneeded emissive samples on water-only tiles.
  • Fixed inconsistent specular and emissive values between land, water, and land+water shader variations.
  • Improved water appearance in cube maps used for reflections.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

13 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

It would be nice if LM acknowledged popular addon's and worked with the developers a bit more before an update so that the process is a little less clunky. Some developers have access to beta prior to release, meaning they can get their products ready, while others miss out and play catch up (REX is a good example here). It leaves us, the consumer, in the position we find ourselves every update - having to dig around the forums to find out if our addons work or not.

I know most addons will eventually be updated, but the process could be streamed lined a little better is my point.

Edited by mdreyer

Murray Dreyer