Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Looks like F1 GTN 750 is updated for 4.4

They are still apparently working on the further update to the new version of the GTN trainer which includes AIRAC 1803.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

They are still apparently working on the further update to the new version of the GTN trainer which includes AIRAC 1803.

yes...that part is true.  i wish there was a way to get fully DB from some pilot who has G750 in real.  Do you know of any pilots who have that DB

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I just re-installed GTN complete v. 206, ran the update tool which says I have the  version required (1.12 definitions) and I still get the GTN error. Pretty weird!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

I just re-installed GTN complete v. 206, ran the update tool which says I have the  version required (1.12 definitions) and I still get the GTN error. Pretty weird!

Did it work in v4.4 though.? I went back to 4.3 until this is properly upgraded. Also have 1.12 but I'm not trying it until confirmed.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

i wish there was a way to get fully DB from some pilot who has G750 in real. 

You would be lucky to find someone with a real worldwide database. As a real world owner, most would have a regional database like I do.

• Like 1

David Porrett

Great News!

BTW :

You can get AIRAC 1803 by installing Garmin's GTN Trainer 6.50. You can install it without uninstalling the 6.2 version that F1 uses. It's a big improvement over the 1611 DB in the F1 GTN which is obsolete for many airports already that have new SIDS, STARS and Approaches.

Once installed browse to the database folder and copy the files over to your 6.2 GTN database and you'll have the August 2018 AIRAC installed in your F1 GTN.

Caveat is the FliteCharts in GTN 6.2 can't be updated since they are in an older format, but all else can be updated to 1803 including SafeTaxi display, Terrain DB and all the rest. The newer GTN trainer uses a new charts format since they regional-ized the DB for file size reasons.

If you want newer than 1803 you are out of luck unless you physically own a GTN on your airplane and can prove it to Garmin by providing your N# when buying the DB on their site after purchase. Interestingly though anyone can buy the database from their website (It's like 300 bucks), but they won't give you the download link without an N# so it's pointless to buy it unless you own your own airplane with a GTN. Ask me how I know! Tried buying it, they refunded me since I didn't have an N#, even if you say you'd like it for training purposes for the GTN Trainer they say you can't update it. Technically you can but without an N# they won't give you the DB even if you try buying it.

Edited by American 833 Heavy
  • Like 1

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

41 minutes ago, DavidP said:

You would be lucky to find someone with a real worldwide database. As a real world owner, most would have a regional database like I do.

I will buy you Beer for your real world database.  

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

It works in 4.4 - it just show a pop up - which is weird but it is working in my 4.4

Make sure you run the update tool

Many of us have no autopilot steering... what did you do to make it work?

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Many of us have no autopilot steering... what did you do to make it work?

yes...I was wondering why autopilot wasn't working.  It has been reporting in their forums.  Gonna test again in few minutes

1 hour ago, American 833 Heavy said:

Once installed browse to the database folder and copy the files over to your 6.2 GTN database and you'll have the August 2018 AIRAC installed in your F1 GTN.

So, you don't really install the GTN 6.50 over the 6.2?, you just point to install the 6.50 to another directory and just copy/paste and only use its updated DB?. Please clarify.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ed,

The Garmin 6.5 GTN Trainer uses different folders in the same ProgramData/Garmin and ProgramFiles/Garmin locations.

All you need to do is run the 6.5 install, leave the default install location and run the installer. When done browse to the new folder created in ProgramData/Garmin to extract the 6.5 1803 DB. After you get the 1803 DB you can uninstall the 6.5 trainer as it's not used by the F1 GTN.

All you need from the 6.5 install is located here by default :

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\

Copy and Paste over only the files that have the same filenames here :

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\DB

And that's it you are done. Make a Back up of your 1611 DB just in case.

Edited by American 833 Heavy
Typo.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Thanks American. Downloading now!.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just Updated to 1.13. Now works. did not work with 1.12.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb