Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Update Shader Issue?

I have posted on the Toga forum, but as posts sometimes take a while to respond to, I thought I'd throw it out here too.sI have updated Envshade to the latest version, which I understand to be P3d v4.4 compatible. Unfortunately, each time I reactivate a scenery in the library, or install a new scenery, the bright areas of ground textures are 'blown out', too white, over exposed. I then have to reinstall Envshade to correct the issue, which incidentally, doesn't always work first time. I had to reinstall Envshade twice before it corrected the issue the last time I had the problem. This may or may not have any connection to Envshade, I am just reporting what has happened. Does anyone have any ideas? https://ibb.co/SKqdX5g          https://ibb.co/58t7Jg5 cor

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hiya, Howard.

Not sure there is a p3dv4.4 compatible version of Envshade, unless you're updating it from a forum post on Toga's forum. I just bought it and downloaded what simmarket had and when I load my settings via Envdir I get a message saying it's not compatible. Now by saying that, it still works for me but either isn't updated to see this update as a supported version, or it still needs to be optimized. I actually found your post from a Google search on a different Envshade issue where the installer would skip my registration (not give me the chance to register it). I figured it out myself but during the process of searching my hard drives for remnants of an earlier install today I found several locations. I saw folders and files in documents and settings, program data and my documents. Some of these were user config files that maybe it's reading and corrupting something. To make things more difficult the folder names weren't the same. Sometimes it said; "Toga" while others the root folder was "Simmarket". I once again uninstalled Envdir, Envshade and Envtex, then deleted all of these folders and files (the one in Program Data was under simmarket and was a license which is most likely why it was skipping the registration process and tossing .net errors). After I did all that everything worked fine. Maybe look in these locations and do the same just in case it's finding dual settings/configs and causing you issues.

One other thing is be sure to delete your shaders folder in "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders" (though, you might have to change it to your own name 😛 ) . This folder will rebuild next time you launch P3d but I'm betting you already know this procedure.

A while back when I bought Envtex and PTA, and URL, etc, etc, I somehow hosed certain files that caused the "whites". These were fx files. The corrupt files that caused the issue were in my \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL folder.

The files were:Cloud.fx, FuncLibrary.fxh, General.fx, GPUTerrain.fx, GPUTerrain.fxh. There were also two others in the \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess folder. They were; FXAAResolve.hlsl & HDR.hlsl.

If it seems to be working sometime, and not others, I would suspect either a rights issue (having it installed in the program folders directory or other windows dead zone) or at some point it isn't being run as admin. From looking at your specs I would be willing to bet you don't install in those default folders but that's just what it sounds like (other than what I first mentioned of remnants somewhere that are tossing a wrench in the turbine).

Hope this helps.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

16 hours ago, Turbine777 said:

Hiya, Howard.

Not sure there is a p3dv4.4 compatible version of Envshade, unless you're updating it from a forum post on Toga's forum. I just bought it and downloaded what simmarket had and when I load my settings via Envdir I get a message saying it's not compatible. Now by saying that, it still works for me but either isn't updated to see this update as a supported version, or it still needs to be optimized. I actually found your post from a Google search on a different Envshade issue where the installer would skip my registration (not give me the chance to register it). I figured it out myself but during the process of searching my hard drives for remnants of an earlier install today I found several locations. I saw folders and files in documents and settings, program data and my documents. Some of these were user config files that maybe it's reading and corrupting something. To make things more difficult the folder names weren't the same. Sometimes it said; "Toga" while others the root folder was "Simmarket". I once again uninstalled Envdir, Envshade and Envtex, then deleted all of these folders and files (the one in Program Data was under simmarket and was a license which is most likely why it was skipping the registration process and tossing .net errors). After I did all that everything worked fine. Maybe look in these locations and do the same just in case it's finding dual settings/configs and causing you issues.

One other thing is be sure to delete your shaders folder in "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders" (though, you might have to change it to your own name 😛 ) . This folder will rebuild next time you launch P3d but I'm betting you already know this procedure.

A while back when I bought Envtex and PTA, and URL, etc, etc, I somehow hosed certain files that caused the "whites". These were fx files. The corrupt files that caused the issue were in my \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL folder.

The files were:Cloud.fx, FuncLibrary.fxh, General.fx, GPUTerrain.fx, GPUTerrain.fxh. There were also two others in the \\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess folder. They were; FXAAResolve.hlsl & HDR.hlsl.

If it seems to be working sometime, and not others, I would suspect either a rights issue (having it installed in the program folders directory or other windows dead zone) or at some point it isn't being run as admin. From looking at your specs I would be willing to bet you don't install in those default folders but that's just what it sounds like (other than what I first mentioned of remnants somewhere that are tossing a wrench in the turbine).

Hope this helps.

Did you download the update file it`s separate from the main file, I updated some days ago, 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 12/5/2018 at 5:35 AM, Turbine777 said:

Hiya, Howard.

Hope this helps.

Hi Dan, many thanks for the full and concise reply, much appreciated. Hmm, I am away from my sim for a while, but I am 99.9% certain I updated Envshade with a new 4.4 compatible upgrade from the forum. However, I did another reinstall of the client and purposely didn’ Install Envshade this time. I also ensured the cfg. and shaders were deleted. At first this seemed to work, but for some obscure reason the issue has resurfaced. I will revisit your advice tomorrow when I will be with my sim and check things out in more detail. I’ll let you know how I get on. Cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

FYI, last week simMarket provided to customers two links to v4.4 compatibility patches (Envshade_patch_1.0.5.exe and Envtex_patch_1.1.6.exe).

No issues with this updates, everything looks fine to me.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

On 12/5/2018 at 1:35 PM, Turbine777 said:

Turbine 777 wrote;

What do you mean by this, are you saying to delete these files?

I've got the whites at the moment in certain areas.

I use PTA.

Cheers, Andy.

I don't own Envshade but I had the same issue with PTA.  Even though they made theses 4.4 'compatible' it appears the shaders have been changed by LM so prior settings are not going to look the same.  I fixed the bright white areas by disabling the terrain lighting section of PTA.  I think both programs will need some further tweaks to get them to look and work correctly in 4.4.

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

8 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I don't own Envshade but I had the same issue with PTA.  Even though they made theses 4.4 'compatible' it appears the shaders have been changed by LM so prior settings are not going to look the same.  I fixed the bright white areas by disabling the terrain lighting section of PTA.  I think both programs will need some further tweaks to get them to look and work correctly in 4.4.

Interesting Eric. This may all be academic from my point of view, I think I am going to do a full install of Win10 and V4.4😪

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

1 minute ago, Rockliffe said:

Interesting Eric. I think it may all be academic from my point of view, I think I am going to do a full install of Win10 and V4.4😪

I had to make adjustments to my 4.3 PTA preset to get better colors. PTA is still not fully updated. Water color still needs adjustment, but I can live with default water for a little while longer.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I had to make adjustments to my 4.3 PTA preset to get better colors. PTA is still not fully updated. Water color still needs adjustment, but I can live with default water for a little while longer.

It is correct that LM has changed the Shaders , especially the water.

V4.3 Shaders files will work to a certain degree. PTA users are advised to disable the Water Surface Tweak.

This sunday I will take a look at my preset and will afjust it to make it look good in V4.4 too.

I might have to manually adjust the water outside PTA till Matt will come with an update ...

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

47 minutes ago, GSalden said:

It is correct that LM has changed the Shaders , especially the water.

V4.3 Shaders files will work to a certain degree. PTA users are advised to disable the Water Surface Tweak.

This sunday I will take a look at my preset and will afjust it to make it look good in V4.4 too.

I might have to manually adjust the water outside PTA till Matt will come with an update ...

I check the default terrain numbers with PTA, matched those to my preferred preset and the light green ground textures were history. The water, that's another story.

I look forward to your updates.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 12/5/2018 at 5:23 PM, rjfry said:

Did you download the update file it`s separate from the main file, I updated some days ago, 

Thanks, Raymond. I updated it via Endir, but it obviously didn't take. I got it all straight now.

9 hours ago, vhufo said:

What do you mean by this, are you saying to delete these files?

I've got the whites at the moment in certain areas.

I use PTA.

Cheers, Andy.

Definitely not, Andy.

The shaders in the ShadersHLSL folder you don't touch. It was a shader program that corrupted mine over a year ago and I noted my fix. Sounds like the issue is as Gerad and others have said. If you disable whatever your shader injector of choice is, and delete your shader folder "C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders" and don't have the issue then it's clearly just the profile/ini settings being used by that program.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier