Sign in to follow this  
RSomerville

GTN 750 on FSX SE (resolved)

I am not able to get GTN 750 to load on FSX Steam. I have followed all the instructions and checked everything, which seems ok. All elements seem to be in place, but it does not show up in the aircraft. Please advise.

Hi,

Let us try to help you.

First things first, have you selected  "Product Files for Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition" in the RXP installer?

Then, have you, like it was suggested during installation, downloaded and installed the Garmin trainer?

Then, do you have the Add-on menu | Reality XP GTN showing up?

If not, please make sure to review the "User's Manual' troubleshooting section (near the end) for details about XML.dll file.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

RXP,

Thanks, I have tried your suggestions, but I still can't get the GTN 750 to load into FSX Steam. Any further guidance?

Richard

David,

I was reading your post looking for guidance. I am not able to get my GTN 750 to load on to FSX Steam. I have followed all the instructions and checked everything, which seems ok. All elements seem to be in place, but it does not show up in the aircraft.

Please advise.

Richard Somerville

I am not David... but can you tell us what you did...

Which aircraft, and how did you install the GTN into that aircraft?

I am sure that someone here can help you..

• Like 1

Bert

Hi Richard,

Can you please post the content of your DLL.xml file?

Can you please cross check this discussion too:

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks for your continuing guidance. I also did look the discussion (ricky1088) and actually sent him a request for guidance, as well.

Here's the content of my DLL.xml file, which is what I hope you mean and looking for:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
        <Disabled>True</Disabled>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>A2A Feel</Name>
        <Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
        <Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>A2A Service</Name>
        <Path>A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
        <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Falcon7xFMS</Name>
        <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes\Wilco_Dassault_Falcon_7X\panel\Falcon7xFMS.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
        <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
        <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>WebSimXML</Name>
        <Path>.\WebSimBrowser\2.1\32\WebSimXML.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Navigraph Simlink</Name>
        <Path>Gauges\NavigraphSimlink.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Reality XP GTN Menu</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim\32\rxpGTN_menu.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

On 12/4/2018 at 2:49 PM, RXP said:

Then, do you have the Add-on menu | Reality XP GTN showing up?

On 12/10/2018 at 12:36 PM, RSomerville said:

but I still can't get the GTN 750 to load into FSX Steam. Any further guidance?

Hi, thank you for the DLL, it seems to be in order.

• Can you confirm my question posted earlier though as well?
  • Can you please post the content of the RXP log files if any (see User's Manual for file/path)?
  • Can you please detail what do you mean with "can't get the GTN to load?"

Thanks again for your guidance,

To answer your first question, I DO NOT have the Add-on menu | Reality XP GTN showing up in Steam aircraft. What I mean by "can't get the GTN to load" is that it does not load into FSX Steam. I have even tried to install it as the "Administrator" and that does not work. I click on the FSX Steam option in the installation and go thru the whole process. At the end, it tells me "Installation Succeed". Also have the Trainer installed. Still, it does not show up in FSX Steam when I start up the sim.

I also have your product on my FSX "boxed" version and it installed without any problems and works fine.

Here's the content of my RXP log files, which is what I hope you mean and looking for:

18/12/12 02:14:57.217 00992 -    ] # rxpGtnSim32.dll version 2.5.8.0
18/12/12 02:14:57.216 00992 INFO ] 

18/12/12 02:14:56.678 00992 -    ] # rxpGTN.DLL version 2.5.8.0
18/12/12 02:14:56.678 00992 INFO ] 

18/12/09 20:55:38.636 44252 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.8.0
18/12/09 20:55:38.671 44252 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado

18/12/09 20:55:38.671 44252 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado D18S\panel\panel.cfg
18/12/09 20:55:38.671 44252 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado 

Also, while I have your attention, when I purchased your GTN 750/650 product on Nov. 23. I was unable to utilize the 30% off coupon as I was unfamiliar how to do so correctly. Now I see that the offer has been extended to Dec.15th - (30% OFF for all editions of Offer Extended to Dec 15, 2018!)

Could I please get a refund of the difference for the 30% discount? Here's is my info, as follows.

Order Number: 1421965
Nov 24 2:22:17 PM 2018
Vendor: RealityXP 
Quantity Product
RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 (FltSim)
Total: $49.95

Thank you, Richard

On 12/12/2018 at 2:02 PM, RSomerville said:

I DO NOT have the Add-on menu | Reality XP GTN showing up in Steam aircraft.

18/12/09 20:55:38.671 44252 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado D18S\panel\panel.cfg

Hi,

The log shows you are interacting with the "Add-on menu | Reality XP GTN"

It also shows you are using it when the Carenado D18S aircraft is loaded isn't it?

If so, can you please detail what exactly do you mean with "I DO NOT have the Add-on menu" ?  (because obviously the log says you do)

What I mean by "can't get the GTN to load" is that it does not load into FSX Steam.

What would you expecting otherwise if it loaded into FSX Steam?

Please note: the GTN gauge won't magically appear in FSX Steam whenever you load any aircraft. You may configure any aircraft panel with the GTN using the add-on menu Panel Assistant first, or use a pre-configured aircraft.

I'd suggest you first read the User's Manual Getting Started chapter about the panel assistant and the settings panel once we're sorted out your question about the add-on menu above.

Everything I said in my previous statement on Dec. 12th still stands. I do not know how to state it more clearly. Also, I have the manual many times and my problem continues.

"To answer your first question, I DO NOT have the Add-on menu | Reality XP GTN showing up in Steam aircraft. What I mean by "can't get the GTN to load" is that it does not load into FSX Steam. I have even tried to install it as the "Administrator" and that does not work. I click on the FSX Steam option in the installation and go thru the whole process. At the end, it tells me "Installation Succeed". Also have the Trainer installed. Still, it does not show up in FSX Steam when I start up the sim.

I also have your product on my FSX "boxed" version and it installed without any problems and works fine."

Nothing has changed from that statement above. But, let me clarify. Obviously, in all my FSX Steam aircraft I have an "Add-ons in the menu. BUT, Reality XP GTN IS NOT there, it is not present.

What I do not understand is that when I installed it into the boxed FSX, it went very easily, without any problems on all aircraft. However, with FSX Steam it WILL NOT install, even though I can see it under Steam/SteamApps/Common/FSX.

I use FSX Steam most frequently because I have more invested in it rather than FSX. So, it is very disappointing that I cannot get it installed and working in FSX Steam. If I have not stated all this clearly I do not know what else to do.

Thank you, Richard

Hi,

This is becoming clearer, thank you. It has eluded me you were using BOTH FSX and FSX-SE. Now I understand why you do have entries in the rxpGTN_menu.dll.log file, these were certainly when you've used the menu in FSX.

Now you know the product is working fine in FSX, so this leads to a configuration issue on your system and your simulator, and the only reason there would be no menu in any FltSim (but FS9) is a problem with SimConnect.

The most probable reasons of a SimConnect problem are:

1. You have not installed, or it failed to install, SimConnect for FSX-SP2 at least.
  2. The DLL.xml file is not referencing the 'add-on' (rxpGTN_menu.dll) or has it set to 'disabled' (Prior FSX to P3D2)

Q: Can you please cross-check the RXP GTN User's Manual Troubleshooting chapter for guidance regarding the DLL.xml file and FSX-SE? (this includes installing the SimConnect FSX-SP2, the file locations...)

Then please report back anything you may relate between the explanations and the actual files on your system.

Q: Are you sure the DLL.xml file you've posted above is the one FSX-SE is using and not the one FSX is using?

Q: What is the full path to this DLL.xml file?

In addition, please note the version you are using is 2.5.8, the latest is 2.5.10 and I'd suggest you use the latest version as well.

Edited by RXP

The following section for FSX Steam appears to be missing in my system.  DLL.xml file above may have been for the boxed FSX system.

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Reality XP GTN Menu</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim\32\rxpGTN_menu.dll</Path>

I am not very knowledgeable about this level of technical expertise. I am trying to follow your guidance and what I read in the manual.

I looked for the SimConnect matter in the system the other day and it seems okay. I followed the location path in the manual for FSX Steam and it seems the same to me.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK

This is all getting confusing for me. As I said, it was so easy to install your system into the boxed FSX. What could be the problem getting it into FSX Steam?

Thank you, Richard

1 hour ago, RSomerville said:

The following section for FSX Steam appears to be missing in my system

Congratulations! You've found the problem on your system!

Just to cover the basics: have you also selected FSX-SE in addition to FSX in the RXP GTN software installer?

So it seems the installer didn't succeeded in modifying the DLL.xml for you. Hopefully you have all the necessary information now: exit FSX-SE, open the FSX-SE DLL.xml file in notepad.exe, then copy/paste the missing section right after the last one, save and check whether the menu appears when you run FSX-SE.

Also, please make sure you do have the rxpGTN.dll file in the 'Gauges' folder in case the gauge file failed to be copied as well.