AviatorMan

Sparse/slow autogen loading in P3Dv4

3 hours ago, killthespam said:

Hi,

This is a video capturing the issue, please note on the left side of the window how ground initially has empty blocks (squares) of autogen textures missing and after a while they fill in.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pqsob31q2s1n3u/Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 12_6_2018 2_18_58 PM_Trim.mp4?dl=0

Thanks Alex. That's exactly the pattern I observe and doubled on the video I posted on the LM forum a year ago.

Kind regards, Michael

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes Michael, I did post this issue twice on their LM support forum and of course, on one inquiry, after 5 days later there is no answer from them. I suspect you did get the same answer as I got  from their support team or like this one:

"Thanks again for your patience and we'll keep you posted with our progress."

Unfortunately, we are waiting for an answer and a fix since P3D V4.1.

It's gotta be very sad and embarrassing situation when people not working for LM support forum try to help the other customers with problems, but them.

I do not have enough words to thank the people that try to help us with this issue while I'm totally shocked about LM behavior regarding this issue. 

Right now I joined another topic of this nature in their forum hoping that they will break the silence and get professional on this issue. 

Edited by killthespam
  • Like 1

Up until installing v4.4, I have been a bit smug about this reported problem, as it has never been an issue for me, until this week. This is what i have just posted over on the LM forum:- I have stuck with P3D for so long now, it's like being in a bad marriage. I should really know when it's time to throw in the towel and ask for a divorce. The problem is, there are so many things I like about P3D. The only thing I really hated about P3D up until today, was the abysmal blurry and slow loading photoscenery textures. That has now been sorted and my sim looks absolutely awesome. BUT... I am now experiencing the thing which has been widely reported, but I have never previously experienced... disappearing autogen. I installed v4.4 last week and every flight since then, I experience autogen disappearing, usually after a flight in the NGX. Today I flew from Pula in Croatia to Stuttgart, about 450 miles, by the time I descended north of the alps in Southern Germany, there was no autogen whatsoever. Nada, nothing, zilch! I have read many posts about this issue but not found any which offer a solution. Many posts have also reported the issue is with stock P3d too, so it doesn't seem to be a question of over taxing things. BTW, I need to add, that I'm running at medium settings and locked framerates, with a more than capable rig. I've been looking on the P3d forum, but still not found any resolution. I would be grateful if someone from LM dev team could offer some input on this. Thank you.

I will do some further testing this week but I'm not holding my breath. This really has come as a kick in the teeth, as after having installed v4.4 I really thought that P3D was for keeps 😒

Edited by Rockliffe

14 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

BUT... I am now experiencing the thing which has been widely reported, but I have never previously experienced... disappearing autogen.

This is exactly my experience, and I too noticed it in FTX Sothern Germany, in particular flying around 29 Palms EDDN airport which I recently purchased. I have noticed it at other locations also. By the way, after trying without luck the many fixes proposed in this thread, I decided to uninstall and reinstall v4.4 client,also uninstalled and reinstalled EDDN and SODE, and for the time being no problems ( after a few hours flying in Orbx regions So Germany, England, Wales and Nor California). Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

1 hour ago, AviatorMan said:

This is exactly my experience, and I too noticed it in FTX Sothern Germany, in particular flying around 29 Palms EDDN airport which I recently purchased. I have noticed it at other locations also. By the way, after trying without luck the many fixes proposed in this thread, I decided to uninstall and reinstall v4.4 client,also uninstalled and reinstalled EDDN and SODE, and for the time being no problems ( after a few hours flying in Orbx regions So Germany, England, Wales and Nor California). Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Hmm, that's interesting. I'll bear in mind your suggestion and do some further testing. Cheers.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:25 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

I was only pointing out that LM either ignores or locks posts when they are redundant versions of previous posts in which the user was told to remove all add-ons and lower their settings. I wasn't responding to your specific issues.

Because it is true in 98% of cases. People dont understand that P3D is NOT a static thing like games or XP. The terrain here gets calculated to some extent and if you set your settings too high this formula will brake. You have to set your settings LOWER to achieve more in this case. This can mean that blurries get crisp suddenly by LOWERING certain settings. Because only now the system is able to load all that it get fed with.

And it can also mean that LOWERING autogen settings can actually increase the amount and range. If your sim is overloaded you can set high as you want and it will never look better. If this is understood one can try to find his setting, starting from the lowest point upwards.

And never forget that there are uncountable cases where LM cannot do anything about it when ppl have so many background tasks running that the CPU simply has no place to do P3D anymore or they dont care about their pc anything, never update windows and then rant about how bad things run. This is sadly the fact and in most cases its this people who have "blurries".

Im in no way saying that anyone in this topic is like that, i didnt read it. Alone the comment made me say this.

Then, in some pics up there is far more amiss as just slow autogen loading. There is some autogen behind the missing part, something that usually would not really happen if its not higher prio autogen like some buildings in bigger cities. Sure that there are no tweaks done, like FFTF or autogenbatchlod or something.

Then as someone else said, locking fps helps a lot for this. Also it helps (for whatever reason) if you let the plane fly in outside cam (p3d, not chaseplane, to be sure), zoomed out.

Every pc will get problems with autogen loading if he has an overloaded sim, running unlocked fps, flying in a jet or slewing around the scenery. Remember last thing please, never slew when testing this.

Try lowering the settings, all of them, lock fps, and fly with around 300 ktn in outside cam and see if it stops loading autogen. Especially when the system is on the lower minimum required specs. Dont forget that even ppl with highend systems cannot raise all those settings so if you are on the low end you will need every trick out there. You cannot let the sim run open and wonder why it wont work.

I think its understandable that LM tries to collect those things in one topic. Usually its most often the same problems.

There was one time a problem with GSX lv2 that causes major blurries and if you have scenery with problems/corruption or the corruptions in the scenery library then the same things can happen. 

If the Sim and system is perfectly installed and the system high enough for P3D with set settings it WILL have autogen, even after a 20h flight. I do that all day with mine and its not a highendsystem. I cannot remember ever seeing no autogen on an arrival after even 14h. And thats not only me, i see many sims in our community and usually this things can always be fixed to have the same outcome.

Edited by SaenchaySor