Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

Is EZDOC needed with PMDG B747 V2

Hi;

I currently use EZDOC for basically various cockpit and outside aircraft views, to simulate cockpit movement due to turbulence, runway takeoff and touchdown shakes; granted the shakes are subjective but it adds a good touch.

My question is, does anyone know (due to ownership) if the updated PMDG 747 V2 comes with the ability to add similar views or cockpit shakes? I think I read one review that states that it does but couldn't quite remember or not sure. I couldn't see anything on the net to confirm. I know the new -8 has some cool new features that the V2 400 does not such as rain drops on the windscreen etc..etc. so not sure if it was the -8 that has the new views and shakes.

I have the old PMDG 747 and the iFLY 747 V2 and looking to get the new PMDG 747 V2.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

9 hours ago, forshaw said:

My question is, does anyone know (due to ownership) if the updated PMDG 747 V2 comes with the ability to add similar views or cockpit shakes?

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

The v2 version comes with motion sensing that is detected during turbulence, ground roll, etc, however you’d still have to use either EZCA or Chaseplane for all the view stuff. Although v2 has numerous views built in via key strokes, it’s not the same as aftermarket camera programs. 

So your assumption about what it came with was 1/2 correct in the “cockpit shakes” but not in the sense of views.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Fantastic, thanks Cmpbellsjc for your input and clarification, this is good.

kindest Regards.

Forshaw.