Sign in to follow this  
Mark Hoppus

PMDG support reset password with no way out

Hi there,

I'm trying to contact PMDG support via the support area but (helpdesk), since I tried to reset my password every time I log in it asks me to change the password, I do, but it does absolutely nothing more than refreshing the page once and again. So, it's that face-palm-situation that you cannot contact the support because the only method you have to is not working................

Said that, has anybody experienced the same issue? Is there any mail or any other way that I can conctact them (except from calling)?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Sounds like you expect the support account to be the same as the sales account.  They are not.  Your solution might be as simple as creating a new support account, log in, and then submit your support ticket.

Dan Downs KCRP

9 hours ago, Mark Hoppus said:

Hi there,

I'm trying to contact PMDG support via the support area but (helpdesk), since I tried to reset my password every time I log in it asks me to change the password, I do, but it does absolutely nothing more than refreshing the page once and again. So, it's that face-palm-situation that you cannot contact the support because the only method you have to is not working................

Said that, has anybody experienced the same issue? Is there any mail or any other way that I can conctact them (except from calling)?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

The support portal will not ask you to change your password, the e-store will.

You need to go to support.precisionmanuals.com for the support site. As Dan wrote support and e-store are different accounts so if you do not have an account for support you need to create one.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

23 hours ago, downscc said:

Sounds like you expect the support account to be the same as the sales account.  They are not.  Your solution might be as simple as creating a new support account, log in, and then submit your support ticket.

14 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

The support portal will not ask you to change your password, the e-store will.

You need to go to support.precisionmanuals.com for the support site. As Dan wrote support and e-store are different accounts so if you do not have an account for support you need to create one.

Thanks for your comments guys. I’m talking about the support portal, right upper corner, log in. When I do that, since the first time I came back after a year I tried to recover my password, it ask me all the time to set the new password (after loging), and that’s when it does nothing. Tried different browsers but with the same result. 

I guess I should create a new account with another email address...🤦🏻‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Mark Hoppus said:

I guess I should create a new account with another email address..

That will work, you might also check your spam folders to see if the reset password email is in there.

Dan Downs KCRP

9 hours ago, downscc said:

That will work, you might also check your spam folders to see if the reset password email is in there.

Yaw, it is there! But I cannot do anything once it asks me to reset it. O just refresh the page setting everything to blank again. 

I have just reset my account password ok but you have to do it asap as it will time out if you don't.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Hi again,

Fortunately I was able to solve it and to understand what was happening. It was kind of translation mix (english-spanish) and error of the website. It basically was asking me to set the new password using any special character (#!@ and so on), but the message that it was triggering for asking this was quite confusing, so then if you didn't use them, it just refreshed the site with no new message. That's all!

Thank you all for your help!

Best,