Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Multiple flights

I remember reading back when I first got the T7 for FSX that you should not do multiple flights without restarting the sim.   Tonight, I was watching GSX do it's thing and after the  flight and I decided to refuel, catering and boarding so I said, what the hell, lets go for another flight.  I set a flight back to KORD from KDFW.  The flight went fine and landed at KORD with no issues.  Is P3D v4.4 the exception for this?

George Nacino

5 hours ago, Gnacino said:

I remember reading back when I first got the T7 for FSX that you should not do multiple flights without restarting the sim.   Tonight, I was watching GSX do it's thing and after the  flight and I decided to refuel, catering and boarding so I said, what the hell, lets go for another flight.  I set a flight back to KORD from KDFW.  The flight went fine and landed at KORD with no issues.  Is P3D v4.4 the exception for this?

George Nacino

Fsx was 32 bit and there’s a reason why you need to restart the sim so that you clear the memory in the ram. P3d v4 is 64 bit and this can use all of the available ram so your not limited to 4 gb of ram which was the reason why 32 bit  version needed to be restarted after every flight.

George,

additionally: as long as you just continue from where you set the parking brake everything is fine. Just don‘t load any other flight or airplane over the running and it‘s also good not to change the postion using the airport load screen. Then you are perfectly fine. I do this all the time with my 747, when I fly for my VA. It simulates a bit of what Global Flight Operations will be about.. what you leave is what you get 😄 no issues since v4.

Edited by Ephedrin

Agree, I've enjoyed this in P3D since v4.0 came out.  This makes it possible to try to fly as many segments of a SWA flight in a day as you have time for, it is a real challenge to get more than three segments!

The Go To Airport location effectively reloads the scenario at the new location, this can muck up any session and I only use it when testing stuff and not flying.  It is okay to use slew to move to say for example the O'Hare M intl arriving gates over to a originating gate.

Dan Downs KCRP

Don't know about the 777, but my experience with the 747-400 in FSX in conjunction with all the add-ons I had was I could pretty much run it for up to 5.5 hours before it ran out of memory and crashed. So depending on how long my flights were, it could be anywhere between 3-4 flights.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.