Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Old tweak still to be used in P3Dv4.4 ?

Another setting I found works well with FFTF=0.01 is the region max purge to 1 from 16(I used 8 with FFTF Dynamic)

I did get FFTF dynamic and made some of Rob's tweaks, mainly the max texture and scenery load distances.

I used the default FPS scenario (24-30FPS, 0.01- 0.33 FFTF upto 10,000 feet) for FFTF  dynamic and was really pleased with what I saw, may have to play around with the scenarios to see what works best as had a few very minor stutters but nothing I couldnt live with, was amazed how it changed the FFTF on the fly.

Would certainly recommend giving a try, still on sale at Simmarket, but ends very soon. 

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I would suggest that at first you try to set FFTF=0.01 manually in your P3D.cfg and see if you get an improvement in FPS.

FFTF is already set to 0.01, since I installed V4 really. The only thing I'd like to test is switching to “Unlimited“ to see if I gain a few FPS. If not, no need for FFTF Dynamic, I guess...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

+1 on adding FFTF back in my v4.4 cfg.  Those who are tweak free maybe working with more robust hardware but my 4790k and 1080Ti like this setting.

I was happy at solid locked 30FPS in V4.3.  And I'm happy now with solid locked 30FPS in V4.4.  But here is a list of things I had to do in V4.4 to get back to that same happy place:

Add FFTF = 0.01

Manipulate affinity masks using process lasso

Reduce autogen & building densities by one notch

Disable V Sync completely

Disable ORBX PNW & Southern Alaska regions

Finally in both 4.3 & 4.4 I disabled cloud shadows

4790K oc 4.4Ghz, 1080, SSDs, 2133 RAM, 2k monitor, Win10 platform for P3D only

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I use FFTF=0.25 as reported by at least one post above.  My rationale was that as FFTF decreases the frame rate increases because it is spending less time on each frame. Well, that's not my objective which is to maximize the time spent on each frame at the frame rate of my choosing.  I also have set my MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=1 for much the same goal, spend less time throwing out the trash (was important in the 32b days but now not so much) and more time on each frame.  The goal is to minimize texture popping and autogen block building delays.  I tested different values of FFTF from within a complex VC Cockpit at a complex airport and kept lowering the FFTF until the resulting lowest average frame rate was at my target frame rate lock of 24 fps.

If your goal is to maximize frame rate then go for the minimum FFTF (be it 0.01 or 0.10 I don't care).  My goal is to have smooth animation with the least amount of autogen and texture popping and I could care less what the frame rate is  as long as it's smooth.  Can't get rid of the autogen delays, but I've seemed to have minimized it.  The texture popping is less a problem now with the scenery draw distance tweak.

Dan Downs KCRP

Good point I have my MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame set at 1/2 the default 16, and with FFTF Dynamic I am seen good results.

I think it is wise to abandon trying to achieve <30FPS, at 20FPS your eye will see a smooth display, stutter free.

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.