Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

P3D 4.4 Texture (layering) issues?

My entry into the 4.4 space has been somewhat frustrating.  After a number of issues with the P3D modular upgrades, I decided to wipe everything and start from scratch.

I have installed Orbx Global Textures, LC and Vector,  FTX Lights and Orbx Libs., PTA,  FT Amsterdam, FT Boston and Drzewiecki Design's JFK and NY City scenery - so far.   The scenery layering is logical in my scenery library - and also as per the recommended method using Poppet's tutorials - (Airports/FTX layers/ OpenLC layers.  Everything followed the Orbx tutorials.

The strange issue I have is that the ground texture I'm seeing at airports  (DD NYC,  Boston) and surrounding Orbx scenery (using winter season) is a brown low res,  base layer photoscenery - over which the final high res textures are usually placed.   When I switch to summer season, the Orbx textures are pale green, low res,  photo textures.    I experienced this issue when using the modular upgrade method (which is why I decided to start from scratch) and I'm experiencing it again having done a clean install.  

It doesn't appear to be a problem with Orbx specifically, because it's also happening at my airports.  Not experienced this before and I have tried all possible remedies suggested  in the Orbx tutorials to remedy issues.

Obviously I'm missing something really simple (usually the fix is annoyingly undramatic) but I'm stumped if I know what it is.

I cleaned out all residual folders/files before the clean install.  When I experienced this issue using the modular upgrade, I thought it might be shader related so I flushed the shaders.  It didn't help.  I updated graphics drivers over the weekend, although this seems to be a layering issue and not a graphics issue.

Pearls of wisdom eagerly sought.

I have pasted some pics of NYC (after clean P3D install) and Toronto (after modular install).  You can see the surrounding Orbx region and the airport ground texturing )

DD JFK

UnH5Ovh.jpg

FT Toronto with Orbx Global, LC and Vector installed.

CbU3uLc.jpg

UdBdPhw.jpg

Did ftx central do the lclookup migration routine? You can force it if not. 

Edited by GHarrall

2 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Did ftx central do the migration routine? You can force it if not. 

Yup, did that

I have exactly the same problem after numerous clean installs and by the way if you turn auto gen buildings to spares ore none buildings and sim objects disappear. 

I think this happens with clean installs and not if you update the sim by client as the v4.3 scenery is still present. Glad i am not the only one, been struggling with this one since v4.4 was available- a week now 😢

10 minutes ago, kurtb said:

I have exactly the same problem after numerous clean installs and by the way if you turn auto gen buildings to spares ore none buildings and sim objects disappear. 

I think this happens with clean installs and not if you update the sim by client as the v4.3 scenery is still present. Glad i am not the only one, been struggling with this one since v4.4 was available- a week now 😢

Thank God. I’m not a total blithering word not allowed.  

This doesn’t happen when you only install the client. But it does when you install content and scenery as well and it has also happened with a full clean install with everything wiped. 

Hope some light gets shed on it soon

I started noticing it when I turned off the autogen building slider because for one, i dont like the autogen prefer photoreal, so even with clean installs this happens. Installed FS GLOBAL mesh ORBX , the same problem. I even wiped my system fresh installed windows, then v4.4 , agh what a shame

45 minutes ago, kurtb said:

started noticing it when I turned off the autogen building slider because for one, i dont like the autogen prefer photoreal,

Well the autogen sliders are set to half on my sliders and the autogen seems to be pretty badly rendered in my pics too.

Ensure ORBX Libs are up to date, that cause a similar issue for me in 4.3. Did you delete your P3D.cfg and let it rebuilt after installing the new client? And try limiting the framerate see it makes any difference.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

The first thing that I would do is install the Lorby Add-on Manager and see if anything seems unusual when looking at the scenery library. I'd suspect DD add-ons as I have had problems with their installation app a few times before.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Ensure ORBX Libs are up to date, that cause a similar issue for me in 4.3. Did you delete your P3D.cfg and let it rebuilt after installing the new client? And try limiting the framerate see it makes any difference.

Multiple times.

24 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The first thing that I would do is install the Lorby Add-on Manager and see if anything seems unusual when looking at the scenery library. I'd suspect DD add-ons as I have had problems with their installation app a few times before.

I have similar issues in Europe too and don't have DD installed there.  It seems to be a global issue.  But I might give Lorby's Addon Manger a try

2 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Use it just to see if there are issues. 

I ran the P3D Content Error reporting tool, but that didn't raise anything related to scenery, terrain or texture conflicts

Erich,

Try rebuilding a new "terrain.cfg" located in %ProgramData%.

Rename "terrain.cfg". Start P3D to the scenario screen then shut down. Start FTX Central and let it do its thing then shut it down. Delete shaders in your AppData\Local directory.

Run P3D to see if there's a difference. Not familiar with your scenery, some might have also written to the "terrain.cfg" and have to be reinstalled.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe