Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

P3D 4.4 Texture (layering) issues?

I'm also getting the washed out green textures in some places. TBPB definitely. Out of interest Howard and erich are you using Rex sky force and stab in the dark here, what gfx card drivers? 

14ppkc-6.png

20 minutes ago, tooting said:

I'm also getting the washed out green textures in some places. TBPB definitely. Out of interest Howard and erich are you using Rex sky force and stab in the dark here, what gfx card drivers? 

I am using REX Skyforce for cloud textures and the sync function.  I updated 1080Ti drivers on Saturday to the latest version.

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

Update:

So after another day of clean installing, one bit at a time....restarting P3D after each install and checking, things seemed to be stable.  Snow textures were snow textures and everything seemed to fit together quite well. 

Then I installed Matt's preset for PTA(the one that he provides with the PTA update).  at the same time as Flytampa's Toronto.  I restarted the sim and all my ground textures turned into the brown colour  you see in my first pics.    I deleted the preset and the textures went back to white snow textures.  Very strange.     I had installed the PTA preset early on in my other installations.  Lesson learned.

To be clear, it's not a PTA problem, but the preset itself.  I am now using another preset and all is well.  No more issues.   There were other issues in the pics I posted in my first post, and that related to unchecking the Landclass option in the Flytampa config for Toronto.

Yep! I discovered that the preset I was using was affecting some ground textures. All is good after a few days of tweaking. I'm still waiting for PTA to be fully updated. I'd like to tweak the water color. Other than that, I'm really enjoying v4.4.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 hours ago, tooting said:

Hi Pete, no Sky Force for me, just Texture Direct + soft clouds. 1080ti don't know what version driver, but one released in November (I think) so pretty recent. I deleted every element related to Envshade and have done another reinstall of the client. So far so good. If it happens again, then I don't know what the issue is.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It seem Shaders modification tools have a much bigger impact with 4.4, mostly because P3D now has multiple shaders, some of them handle normal texture rendering where others handle the PBR rendering.

There are some reports of people that after starting using URP with P3D 4.4 the F-16 PBR models became totally invisible for example, so although extreme caution should be performed when using such add-on's it is more important that you guys report all these behaviours to the correspondent Add-on's developer in order to give the opportunity to adapt the applications or presets accordingly.

I am sure if you guys provide the required feedback, etc. all these add-on's would become updated and would look even better than before, remember developers cannot read minds.. we need reports, data and feedback to adapt our software.

All the best,
S.

• Like 1

Who has installed P3D4.4 with Orbx Global, Vector,  EU LC and Flytampa EHAM without elevation issues at EHAM

4 hours ago, ErichB said:

Who has installed P3D4.4 with Orbx Global, Vector,  EU LC and Flytampa EHAM without elevation issues at EHAM

When I installed FlyTampa EHAM just yesterday, the Amsterdam LC part of the scenery did not get added, which left me with all sorts of nasty elevation issues there. After adding it back in with Lorby's Addon Organizer, it looks fantastic now.

Walter Meier

19 hours ago, wsmeier said:

When I installed FlyTampa EHAM just yesterday, the Amsterdam LC part of the scenery did not get added, which left me with all sorts of nasty elevation issues there. After adding it back in with Lorby's Addon Organizer, it looks fantastic now.

I have both EHAM and LC by FT added with Lorby's Addon utility as an xml, and my runways and taxiways are way below the visible gound level.

Perhaps there is something in the Flytampa Config which I need to check/uncheck..  I had to un-check the Landclass entry for Toronto to get rid of some anomalies.  I'll check that tonight.

I had a clean 4.4 install on a brand new W10 system, then applied 4.3 PTA preset and encountered exactly the same issue that Eric did. For me it was obvious that terrain lighting mechanism has changed in 4.4 comparing with 4.3 and prior versions. Then I turned down Terrain Diffuse Ratio from 4.0 to 1.5 and the problem with bright areas went away. 

However, even thought that the problem seems solved for now, it looks like PTA itself requires major revamp as PBR obviously brought changes to shaders' codes and structure. 

I'd be happy to hear whether Tomato's users have had such issues.

8 hours ago, ErichB said:

I have both EHAM and LC by FT added with Lorby's Addon utility as an xml, and my runways and taxiways are way below the visible gound level.

That's disappointing. I thought I had a fix for you since it worked instantaneously for me. I guess the only other thing I can suggest is to place the "FlyTampa-Amsterdam_LC" entry below FlyTampa-Amsterdam, if it isn't already there. I also noticed that there's a FlyTampa-Libraries entry below those two. You might want to check that as well. Good luck!

• Like 1

Walter Meier

For what its worth, I had issues when I wiped and did a clean 4.4 install with PTA as well.

Running ORBX Global, NA LC, Trees, Socal/Norcal/NRM/CRM,PNW, REX Soft Clouds, Active Sky and I had PTA and URP shaders going....royally screwed up the visuals and took a massive performance hit as well. Removed PTA and the Shaders, kept the sun etc from URP, and everything works perfect. On a 1060 6gb SSC, drivers were whatever they were last month.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Don’t want to blame PTA. But this report shows why I prefer the professional shader solution Envshade over PTA and self-made presets. It is so much more convenient and gets immediately updated after the sim is updated. You never know what will break with the next update using an non-compatible PTA preset. 

I am glad that Erich found the culprit after so many hours of try. One lesson learned is that one needs to carefully check the shaders with high priority if something looks weird.

• Like 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR