Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

P3D 4.4 Texture (layering) issues?

9 hours ago, ScottB2 said:

Hi Erich,

I had a similar issue with floating tress and buildings after a clean full install. Going to the Add-On menu in the P3D start up page, I saw that the Orbx objectflow2 add-on was not enabled (despite running FTX Central 3 to reinstall the Orbx libraries, Global, NA and Europe LC...)

I checked the box to enable, clicked OK and my issues were resolved. 

Hope you find a solution to your issue soon,

Scott

It was checked Scott.  Thanks though.

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

There seems to be something not right somewhere and I'm unsure what the problem is. I have encountered a similar thing with photoscenery textures, where they were overexposed and very bright. I did a reinstall of the client after uninstalling the cfg and shaders with no improvement. It was only after I reinstalled a backup of the previous V4.3 and then did an update with client to V4.4 that the issue disappeared. The problem is, not knowing what caused it in the first place means it may well reappear  https://ibb.co/xqYHfSp]2.jpg

I noticed that some green textures looked washed out while testing v4.4 at FTX NZ.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/164049-nzqn-nzmf/

It could be my PTA preset.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Please remember that If you guys are using ORBX HD Trees you need to disable the P3D Speed Trees as this would cause a conflict which looks very similar to the green textures washed out, the reason is that the shadows / lighting calculations for the trees textures would not be applied due to the conflict.

Erich, since you are re-installing do the following:

• 4.3 Client + Content + Scenery.
  • Remove 4.3 Client.
  • Remove 4.3 Content.
  • Add 4.4 Client.
  • Add 4.4 Content.

Try to see if all your scenery add-on's are working as per design, if they do take a full system image backup and then:

• Remove 4.3 Scenery
  • Add 4.4 Scenery

Check results.. if the problem returns.. it means something on ORBX LC or Vector is not working when the P3D 4.4 Scenary is installed, at this stage ORBX will be the only one able to provide a fix, however you can restore the full system backup and resume your Fly Simming and provide all the necessary steps to replicate the problem to ORBX, I am sure they will address the issue as otherwise it would mean some of their add-on's are not fully compatible with P3D 4.4 :wink:.  

All the best,
Simbol

Hi Simbol, sure, speed trees were not enabled.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

55 minutes ago, simbol said:

Please remember that If you guys are using ORBX HD Trees you need to disable the P3D Speed Trees as this would cause a conflict which looks very similar to the green textures washed out, the reason is that the shadows / lighting calculations for the trees textures would not be applied due to the conflict.

Erich, since you are re-installing do the following:

• 4.3 Client + Content + Scenery.
  • Remove 4.3 Client.
  • Remove 4.3 Content.
  • Add 4.4 Client.
  • Add 4.4 Content.

Try to see if all your scenery add-on's are working as per design, if they do take a full system image backup and then:

• Remove 4.3 Scenery
  • Add 4.4 Scenery

Check results.. if the problem returns.. it means something on ORBX LC or Vector is not working when the P3D 4.4 Scenary is installed, at this stage ORBX will be the only one able to provide a fix, however you can restore the full system backup and resume your Fly Simming and provide all the necessary steps to replicate the problem to ORBX, I am sure they will address the issue as otherwise it would mean some of their add-on's are not fully compatible with P3D 4.4 :wink:.  

All the best,
Simbol

Interesting. Maybe this is an ORBX issue?

Speed trees are disabled immediately after a full p3d v4.4 install and ftx vectors is not installed on my system.

I'm seeing this light green color now more than ever since I'm now looking for it. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Please remember that If you guys are using ORBX HD Trees you need to disable the P3D Speed Trees

This may very well be the root of my problems. word not allowed.  Foiled by trees.  

I will let you know.

54 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Interesting. Maybe this is an ORBX issue?

We will know after Erich do some testing.. after having the DATA we can decide how to proceed.

S.

• Like 1

I'm starting with an install of 4.4 first though.  If the install process renders faulty again, then I'll do a 4.3 check.  I'd like to eliminate the tree conflicts as a potential cause of my problems first.  Part of my overall issue wasn't just ground textures but also autogen.

Would be interesting to hear from the other guys who reported the same issue here whether they had the Orbx trees and the P3D speed trees installed at the same time.  Can't believe I actually did that.

Hi Erich, i have orbx hd trees installed and i never use speed trees, so my idea is that this is a different problem especially with the autogen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kurtb said:

Hi Erich, i have orbx hd trees installed and i never use speed trees, so my idea is that this is a different problem especially with the autogen

Okay,  Thanks.

20 hours ago, ErichB said:

I'm starting with an install of 4.4 first though.  If the install process renders faulty again, then I'll do a 4.3 check.  I'd like to eliminate the tree conflicts as a potential cause of my problems first.  Part of my overall issue wasn't just ground textures but also autogen.

Would be interesting to hear from the other guys who reported the same issue here whether they had the Orbx trees and the P3D speed trees installed at the same time.  Can't believe I actually did that.

No speed trees Erich. This is an odd one, after having done another reinstall of the client, withthe CFC. and shaders deleted and no Envshade or PTA, initially things seemed to be OK, but for Some obscure reason, I checked again today, and the issue has returned...! Go figure?...... I’m  away from my  sim until the weekend, but I think I will conduct some more in depth tests.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

3 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

No speed trees Erich. This is an odd one, after having done another reinstall of the client, withthe CFC. and shaders deleted and no Envshade or PTA, initially things seemed to be OK, but for Some obscure reason, I checked again today, and the issue has returned...! Go figure?...... I’m  away from my  sim until the weekend, but I think I will conduct some more in depth tests.

Thanks Howard.  I'll also only have time to get to P3D tomorrow

11 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Thanks Howard.  I'll also only have time to get to P3D tomorrow

My previous post should say cfg. not CFC😁 I pads!

• Like 1

Howard

17 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

My previous post should say cfg. not CFC😁 I pads!

Ipads Howard.  Ipads.  🙂

Update:

So after another day of clean installing, one bit at a time....restarting P3D after each install and checking, things seemed to be stable.  Snow textures were snow textures and everything seemed to fit together quite well. 

Then I installed Matt's preset for PTA(the one that he provides with the PTA update).  at the same time as Flytampa's Toronto.  I restarted the sim and all my ground textures turned into the brown colour  you see in my first pics.    I deleted the preset and the textures went back to white snow textures.  Very strange.     I had installed the PTA preset early on in my other installations.  Lesson learned.

To be clear, it's not a PTA problem, but the preset itself.  I am now using another preset and all is well.  No more issues.   There were other issues in the pics I posted in my first post, and that related to unchecking the Landclass option in the Flytampa config for Toronto.