Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

P3D 4.4: Flytampa Amsterdam - elevation issues

I won't be buying any fly Tampa products that don't have a native P3DV4.X installer.  Plenty I would buy (3 at least) but I am not paying to patch up old sceneries.

I think Fly Tampa are losing many sales because of this slow rate of conversion personally.

Edited by barramundilure

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Same here. I did a complete fresh install of 4.4 and noticed the Elevation problems at EHAM yesterday. Running the Orbx Vector Elevation Correction Tool hasn't solved this unfortunately. Never seen this in 4.3 with the same Addons though..

2 hours ago, barramundilure said:

won't be buying any fly Tampa products that don't have a native P3DV4.X installer. 

I find it irksome that 18  months later V4 installers are still not common practice for many of the popular scenery packages.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, barramundilure said:

I won't be buying any fly Tampa products that don't have a native P3DV4.X installer.  Plenty I would buy (3 at least) but I am not paying to patch up old sceneries.

I think Fly Tampa are losing many sales because of this slow rate of conversion personally.

34 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I find it irksome that 18  months later V4 installers are still not common practice for many of the popular scenery packages.

++++1

I was one of the ppl reporting on the orbx topic. That method works usually. Didnt try it in 4.4 though. Ill report  tomorrow

Edited by SaenchaySor

BetaTeamB.png

On 12/6/2018 at 8:00 AM, eXpress48 said:

Same here. I did a complete fresh install of 4.4 and noticed the Elevation problems at EHAM yesterday. Running the Orbx Vector Elevation Correction Tool hasn't solved this unfortunately. Never seen this in 4.3 with the same Addons though..

Managed to solve it. For some reason the "Amsterdam_LC" Scenery Entry wasn't added during the Installation. Added it manually and placed it below the Amsterdam Entry which corrected the Elevation Issue.

On 12/6/2018 at 8:36 AM, ErichB said:

+1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

6 minutes ago, Nemo said:

+1

Not so much  V4 labelled installers as it is about V4 compliant installation routines.  

On 12/6/2018 at 2:36 AM, ErichB said:

I take it that's because many developers are still building sceneries for compatibility with P3D v3 and, notably FSX. As soon as developers stop supporting the older platforms and focus on P3dv4, I'm quite sure that you'll see a much higher adoption rate of the xml method, as there is no backwards compatibility to worry about.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

12 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I take it that's because many developers are still building sceneries for compatibility with P3D v3 and, notably FSX. As soon as developers stop supporting the older platforms and focus on P3dv4, I'm quite sure that you'll see a much higher adoption rate of the xml method, as there is no backwards compatibility to worry about.

It's true, but every major P3D scenery developer has already dropped FSX from their development.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, mustiej said:

I did the orbx fix and still have this issue.

Anyone?

About 2 years ago I installed the NL2000 EHAM, and later uninstalled it and installed FlyTampa's EHAM, and I could never get the elevation to work correctly.  To resolve, I had to uninstall and reinstall P3D.  I tried to find which file was mucking things up and tried many other things trying to avoid reinstalling, and even reached out to the NL2000 lads and they were zero help, so I uninstalled and reinstalled P3D. It was the only thing that worked.

Instead of spending a lot of hours working on this, I would just reinstall.  P3D makes this way too easy.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Instead of spending a lot of hours working on this, I would just reinstall.  P3D makes this way too easy.

I still haven't been able to fix this since installing 4.4 - and I actually did reinstall 4.4.  I was having a host of other issues at the time.  Since 4.4, I haven't been able to use FT EHAM at all.

I have FT EHAM in 4,4 no problem but since a clean full install of 4.3 I have not installed ORBX Vector, for me it creates as many problems as it solves and I don't miss it.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg