Sign in to follow this  
gsherwood

can't install to desktop

I purchased the RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 (XPlane). My x-plane folder is on the desktop. It didn't give me the option to install it there when I tried to browse for the folder.

I have requested and received a refund for the software. I would like to repurchase it if I can find a way to install it. Anyone out there that can Help?

Thanks,

Gary 

• Upvote 1

Hi Gary,

I don't want to pinpoint you in particular, but you are the 2nd person asking for a refund less than a few days after purchase, without asking for help in the forum first, in the last 24H. This makes me wonder:

• Is there any issue with the very notion of a support forum?
  • Do you find the concept of a support forum not appropriate for your support needs?
  • Is there any particular need to get a CC purchase item be refunded only a few days after, when both the CC company won't charge until next statement, and we offer refund up to 30 days?
  • Do you find the refund window time-frame not long enough to be able to post a support request on the forum and to give you the chance to fully enjoy your purchase?

The installer offers the choice to install on all supported X-Plane versions (XP11/10/9). Should it fail to auto-detect X-Plane installation path, it prompts you with a 'browse-to' standard Windows dialog where you can, like indicated in the 'browse-to' dialog message, select the folder where resides X-Plane.exe.

Now for the sake of helping everyone, what do you mean with 'it didn't give me the option to' exactly?

Edited by RXP
  • Like 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I actually posted this problem on the hanger chat page. The installation program could't find the x-plane folder and gave me the option to select a drive (browse) where the folder is located. None of these selections were the desktop where the folder resides.

As far as the forum is concerned, that is the first place I turned to for an answer, After 37 views and no answers I decided to ask for a refund. As of yet I still have no answer.

Thanks for your reply.

Gary

Hi Gary,

You might have noticed I've answered you post here, on the Reality XP forum, less than 15 minutes after (not always the case but usually it is quite fast). Unfortunately, the hangar chat forum is not the Reality XP support forum and it appears your post went under the radar.

Now, the browser window is a standard Windows browse-to window, which shouldn't be so different than any other like this:

NB: the ability to browse to a different drive is no a limitation of the RXP installer. I'd suggest you review how-to 'browse' to drives and files in the Windows operating system (inline Windows HELP - the (?) icon if any).

Are you seeing this kind of 'file picker'? Do you see the (D:) drive in the picture below (as an example)?

picker-multifile-600px.png

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

3 hours ago, wfletch said:

I too cannot install the 750 on the steam version of x-plane 11

Hi,

Can you please be more specific? When you run the installer and select XP11 as an installation target, the file picker like illustrated above opens for you to select where-to is located the x-plane.exe program. Can you confirm the file picker opens?

I am unable to download the GTN 750 Touch which I had and working before. I tried to upgrade to the latest version unsuccessfully so I uninstalled the version that I installed back in June of 2018. I did recently change over from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am including an attachment that shows what is happening but basically I download an installer which goes to my downloads folder. When I double click on it to install (as administrator otherwise I get an error). The downloaded e-commerce application starts and then just disappears. Then nothing. Actually I dont see how to attach the pdf??? Xplane 11.26

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Edited by RXP

@rcburse Hi, you might want to review the 'troubleshooting' section of the GTN User's Manual. This sounds like an anti-virus playing around with our files and installer. NB: if you don't have the manual anymore, there is a link to it directly from our web site main page.

3 minutes ago, RXP said:

@rcburse Hi, you might want to review the 'troubleshooting' section of the GTN User's Manual. This sounds like an anti-virus playing around with our files and installer. NB: if you don't have the manual anymore, there is a link to it directly from our web site main page.

Thanks for your quick response!!!  I did have the McAfee firewall disabled but I will have a look at the User manual and report back. Thank you. Oh, how do I post a pdf? 

Edited by rcburse