Sign in to follow this  
goggi

Doors control problem in PMDG NGX

Dear FS++,

MCE (2.7.80) together with GSX (+ Level2 Expansion) have been operating perfectly and automatically all doors of PMDG 737NGX for boarding, catering and refuelling in P3D. I am using the GSX/Level2 “Autopilot” mode for the whole sequence of operations.

Recently, a problem arose with the operation of the  doors: it does not work any more. The rest of the MCE+GSX operations is OK.

I wrote to FSDT, but they replied that GSX does not operate the doors, it is performed by MCE (forgive my ignorance about it). According to FSDT, this is not a GSX issue. It is possible that the problem was caused by the recent P3D update to v4.4.

I am attaching the exchange of forum messages I had with FSDT. It details the problem description (and my tests), plus the FSDT reply.

I hope it can be of help in sorting out the issue, hopefully in the next MCE version.
The combined GSX+MCE, when fully working (including doors operations), is a beauty !
Thank you for your attention,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

Hi Gerald - I had a similar issue to Giorgio when I upgraded from P3D v4.2 to 4.3, the MCE was not actioning the green bar text from GSX.

i remember an update or patch was released to fix the problem.

i do not remember the reason why a patch had to be released.

I had raised the issue, if I search my posts under this forum it will turn up and the fix as well.

15 hours ago, goggi said:

Dear FS++,

MCE (2.7.80) together with GSX (+ Level2 Expansion) have been operating perfectly and automatically all doors of PMDG 737NGX for boarding, catering and refuelling in P3D. I am using the GSX/Level2 “Autopilot” mode for the whole sequence of operations.

Recently, a problem arose with the operation of the  doors: it does not work any more. The rest of the MCE+GSX operations is OK.

I wrote to FSDT, but they replied that GSX does not operate the doors, it is performed by MCE (forgive my ignorance about it). According to FSDT, this is not a GSX issue. It is possible that the problem was caused by the recent P3D update to v4.4.

I am attaching the exchange of forum messages I had with FSDT. It details the problem description (and my tests), plus the FSDT reply.

I hope it can be of help in sorting out the issue, hopefully in the next MCE version.
The combined GSX+MCE, when fully working (including doors operations), is a beauty !
Thank you for your attention,
Giorgio

Expect this to happen every time P£D V4 new version is released.

Because MCE interfacing with GSX is done outside any SDK, out of precaution, we deliberately disable that interfacing until it is fully checked with latest P3D V4 release.

It turns out on this specific occasion, we could have left it enabled as there was no change.

Already sorted in latest V2.7.8.2

The other issue with FO not decrementing ND range (PMDG 737 NG) you mentioned in other thread, should now be fixed.

Fine Gerald,
thank you for the info and the update 2.7.82. The relation to GSX is understood, next time I shall wait for the update without bothering you. Everything with GSX seems to work fine, now. 

Also, the command to increase/decrease the EFIS display range works fine, now.

Please do not forget the very few remaining open issues with the PMDG NGX. The really important ones are just two:

- Retractable landing lights (see the logic explained in my previous post);

- "Transition" announcement by the FO in climb and descent (it was already implemented some time ago, then disappeared).

Thanks and regards,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi