Sign in to follow this  
adl320

P3D 4.4 & 8i: Smooooth

Updated P3D to 4.4 and en-route PANC-VHHH in the 8iF and all is going really well. It seems possibly even smoother now but of course that is subjective. Love this airplane!

Running P3D updated versions of:

• AS4
  • EZCA

Aaron

• Like 1

Aaron Lee

Hi Aaron.  Glad you're enjoying v4.4!  What scenery are you using for VHHH?

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

27 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Hi Aaron.  Glad you're enjoying v4.4!  What scenery are you using for VHHH?

Wish I had something but only stock. Have no idea what it will look like as it’s my first trip there in P3D! Any recommendations?

Aaron

Edited by adl320

Aaron Lee

Well, after looking into the various products offered (Taxi2Gate and FlyAwaySimulations), none of them look all that good to me.  And they all seem to need some type of fiddling to get them to work in P3Dv4.  Gonna pass for the time being.  Hopefully there will be a better offering sometime soon.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Taxi2Gate works fine if you know how to add sceneries using the P3D Scenery Library. Also, Taxi2Gate have indicated on their Facebook page that they are working on an update for this VHHH. Hopefully they release it soon!

9 hours ago, adl320 said:

Updated P3D to 4.4 and en-route PANC-VHHH in the 8iF

Sorry to be pedantic but there’s either the -8i or the -8F. No -8iF. 

ki9cAAb.jpg

17 hours ago, dmiannay said:

Well, after looking into the various products offered (Taxi2Gate and FlyAwaySimulations), none of them look all that good to me.  And they all seem to need some type of fiddling to get them to work in P3Dv4.  Gonna pass for the time being.  Hopefully there will be a better offering sometime soon.

Hey Doug, I've got no idea why you think the T2G products need fiddling to work in P3Dv4.  I have nine of them working well without issues.  The VHHH one is very nice and I enjoy flying the many cargo flights through there.  The scenery is the area is very pleasing, and I hope some day the long bridge is added. 

Dan Downs KCRP

You should also consider Fly Tampa's old Hong Kong (Kai Tak) airport too, because their scenery of Hong Kong Island and Kowloon is pretty good.  There is nothing like a challenging IGS approach onto RWY13 in the QOTSII or the -8i/F with a Typhoon 150 miles to the south and heading your way to get the adrenalin flowing freely! 

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Hey Doug, I've got no idea why you think the T2G products need fiddling to work in P3Dv4.  I have nine of them working well without issues.  The VHHH one is very nice and I enjoy flying the many cargo flights through there.  The scenery is the area is very pleasing, and I hope some day the long bridge is added. 

Hey, Dan.  I was reading some post on some forum and they were ragging on the Taxi2Gate product and it's lack of support for P3Dv4. Based on what I've read here in this post, I'll purchase and download it this evening so I can begin some cargo flights.  It's always best to hear from responsible folks that know what they're talking about.  Thanks for your input.

Doug Miannay

4 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

The support is woeful, Doug, but if you want a decent Hong Kong, the T2G version is lovely. I have their LFPG too, and it’s really nice. Performs very well too. 

Appreciate the input, John... thanks!

Doug Miannay

18 hours ago, VHOJT said:

Yeah, I have T2G too, works fine.  VERY FPS friendly too!

Well, based on this thread I purchased T2G's VHHH and it is truly a nice piece of work.  Thanks, folks. 

Made my first flight last night (UPS64).  However, the aircraft and airport vehicles sink into the ground and RWY 07L/25R has some serious bleed through all along it's length.  I have found mention of this in the old T2G forums, but didn't find a fix.  Any thoughts?

Doug Miannay

I'll have a look on my PC and see if there is some sort of patch or something you might need.  Will get back in an hour or two.