Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

Falcon50 - OOM's

Anybody else still flying a 32 bit sim and experiencing OOM. I remember when the Lear first came out there was an issue with OOM and I believe Mark found something about the lighting system was using a lot of VAS. Just wondering if there might be a similar issue here, of course with 64 bit it wouldn't matter but I won't be able to update to 64 bit for a few more months with my new rig. Great plane really enjoy flying her but I do get frequent OOM's with "normal" setting on most my sliders.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin:

I run FSX with everything maxed other than autogen (dense) and water (2x low). I run LOD at 7. I believe I have seen one OOM in maybe 30 flights. I was away from the cockpit and when I returned FSX had crshed. Assume OOM. One day I went into BOS and heard the "ding" just as I pulled into the parking spot. When I first purchased the Falcon I set her up in a deserted field in Texas and compared her to a group of other popular aircraft. An unscientific test mind you:). The Falcon was just slightly higher than the Lear in VAS and way lower than the MD90. So I do avoid flying over dense scenery in any aircraft but on my rig I don't see VAS as a problem (yet) with the Falcon.

Rick

Thanks for the info Rick, yeah I have to fly her in pretty sparse areas or I'll get OOM. I couldn't even take off from Orbx Monterrey without getting OOM just sitting there?  

Cheers

Martin

On 12/5/2018 at 9:57 PM, MartinRex007 said:

Anybody else still flying a 32 bit sim and experiencing OOM. I remember when the Lear first came out there was an issue with OOM and I believe Mark found something about the lighting system was using a lot of VAS. Just wondering if there might be a similar issue here, of course with 64 bit it wouldn't matter but I won't be able to update to 64 bit for a few more months with my new rig. Great plane really enjoy flying her but I do get frequent OOM's with "normal" setting on most my sliders.

Cheers

Martin

We decided after the L35A and heavy systems to stay away from dimmable lighting. Not worth it if it causes high memory issues. So no this will not happen in the Falcon. But with enough payware scenery and a busy panel i am sure you can get any plane to oom on 4 gigs.