Sign in to follow this  
ejy1

live traffic injection

Good Morning,

I have  a question, how long should it take for live traffic to be injected into the application? I see a lot of buffering before there is a connection to Real Traffic.

John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, ejy1 said:

I see a lot of buffering before there is a connection to Real Traffic.

Are you sure you are looking good?

First you will see RealTraffic connected, then you will see that RT starts to produce traffic based on the user aircraft position given to it bij PSXT. And .... then .... the buffering in PSXT starts. 

The buffer is 30 seconds wide. After 30 seconds you may expect the first live aircraft (see also the Manual sections 1.2 and 5.1.2)

Edited by kiek

HI Nico,

I am trying to understand how the algorithm works. I will have the two green bars and everything looks fine but there are a number of aircraft in the buffer and none "live" at the beginning of my scenario. Eventually a number of live aircraft will be indicated in the black status line but it takes a very long time. Would that be a normal case? Real Traffic is working and presumably connected and talking to the PSXSeconnect Traffic application. Thanks again, I will reread those sections of the Manual for further clarification.

John

1 hour ago, ejy1 said:

I am trying to understand how the algorithm works. I will have the two green bars and everything looks fine but there are a number of aircraft in the buffer and none "live" at the beginning of my scenario.

That's normal. After at least 30 seconds you may expect the first live aircraft... Sometimes a bit longer but normally no longer then say 40 seconds. Maybe you should move to another airport and check it over there.

Edited by kiek

Could you post the log file, PSXseeconTraffic.log. It is in the PSXseeconTraffic folder.