Sign in to follow this  

Black flickering RTX 2070 in P3D

Hi,

I upgraded to an RTX 2070 from a GTX 1060 (no performance boost at all, in P3D, but thats besides the point).

I have an issue where, unless Vsync/Tripple Buffering is enabled, whenever I move the mouse view around in the Cockpit and let go, the bottom half of the screen will "flicker" black for a split second.

On my GTX 1060 I never used Vsync and did not have this problem. A driver issue maybe?

I do not have this flickering in XP11 or Battlefield 5 etc.. but for example in the "origin" app it has also happened.

1 hour ago, Luca Vom Bruch said:

Hi,

I upgraded to an RTX 2070 from a GTX 1060 (no performance boost at all, in P3D, but thats besides the point).

I have an issue where, unless Vsync/Tripple Buffering is enabled, whenever I move the mouse view around in the Cockpit and let go, the bottom half of the screen will "flicker" black for a split second.

On my GTX 1060 I never used Vsync and did not have this problem. A driver issue maybe?

I do not have this flickering in XP11 or Battlefield 5 etc.. but for example in the "origin" app it has also happened.

Are playing windowed mode or full mode?

I believe this doesn't happen on full mode.

S.

reverse, it doesnt happen in windowed mode.

Did you delete the config file and tried deleting the shaders and let P3D detect your GPU.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I have the same issue. Nvidia 1070 here, it happens with very  last and current drivers. Never had this issue in 4.3. I have a vid here. I "forced" it by rotating the knob. But i also have it when i let go of camera movement, yes. Sounds very same.

Win 10 Pro, latest updates.
MSI Aero ITX OC on standard freq (doesnt get hot)
Asus Prime Z270K
16 GB Infinieon Ballistrix Sport
7700K on base freq.

Edit: after looking at the vid it seems that something is happening here. You see everytime i force the black screen right bottom the ShadowPlay symbol appears. Something injecting? 
And its the same yes, its not in windowed mode. 

Edited by SaenchaySor

BetaTeamB.png

I may have fixed it somehow. Im not fully sure yet, i will update... Did some changes in the nvidia settings & windows settings. Many things at same time so im not sure wich of that ones fixed it..... If its really fixed (ill do a few flights now) i will update here and write what i did.

BetaTeamB.png

Did you delete the config file and tried deleting the shaders and let P3D detect your GPU.

I did delete shaders but not cfg.

Not sure if it is same issue as SaenchaySor, for it is not with switches, only when moving the mouse view around and letting the click go, and only the bottom half of the screen. But very very similar.

I think I have almost the same fps with vsync and tripple buffering ON, which fixes it. Still weird though.

It seems to be a real thing, there is also a thread here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=131809

Edited by Guest

Edit: looking your post now

Like i say, i just forced it with that button click. I have no idea why a click on that button made it happen but if i read your words it sounds same. Because yes, it was when viewing around and let the click go. Then it went black for a split sec. The same that i forced via click the button. Maybe i should not have posted that vid, its confusing i guess.

Delete that vid out of brain and imagine i report the problem as this "Now with 4.4 and after last win-update, the Oct one, i have some issues with blacking out screen after moving the camera and let go of the button. First i thought its chaseplane but seems it also happened without it. But not as much.". So i saw i can force same blackout like in the camera movement thing and tried to show this way.

Im nearly sure its related from same problem. Well, what i did was the following things. Because i forgot this behavior didnt come with the move to 4.4 but from the win octobers update that i installed yesterday.

Right after that this behavior showed up first time. So i looked around and found some things i didnt see like that. If they have influence i cannot say. Im not really sure wich one of all those things triggered it.

So, in Windows set this to "classical app" and added P3D to enforce high perf (this one prob had no influence on it).

unknown.png

In the Nvidia settings i set this (last option to "Desktop Programs")

unknown.png

Then i went to 3D settings and set this for P3D

unknown.png

unknown.png

In P3D itself i have Vsync off but locked to 30 fps. Thats why you see here a half refreshrate set  and pre-rendered pics 2. I have a 60 hz Monitor so maybe it plays a role. I remembered this settings from earlier days and just tried it. 

Then i went to chaseplane and deactivated "incect directly into memory" somewhere in the settings.

No i have some blacking and flickering when i alt tab out of P3D only but in P3D its ok.

Not sure whats wrong here.... Something clearly changed.

I know that P3D changed something in windows handling and also windows changed some things in windows handling in last update so it is probably related to here and some GPU driver thing. Who knows.

If i would answer the other question about shaders, yeah, i delete them often. I make presets for PTA and Tomatoshade and usually know my way around the shader problems. This problem happened right after the update to Oct Win 10, after updating to 4.4 a few days earlier.

Edited by SaenchaySor

BetaTeamB.png

I'm still on V4.3 and also got that black flashing.

After I had some network problems, I decided to upgrade Win 10 to the latest build (1806). Suddenly I got black flashing in P3D and vsync also doesn't work correctly anymore. I had to force it ON in the driver whereas normally I "let decide the 3D app" and activate vsync in P3D itself.

After testing several nvidia drivers, changing all kind of Nvidia settings I decided to switch back to build 1803 and bingo....no flashing anymore and vsync is working as always.

Thanks Microsoft AGAIN for this upgrade ### und wasting my time.

Edited by Severne
  • Like 1

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

I got it last week when I disabled vsync as well. Had to force vsync and triple buffering in the NVC to get frame rate back and get rid of flickering. Nvidia's drivers right now are abysmal. Easily as bad as the 2007 Vista fiasco. I don't know if they are killing off support for older GPUs in favor of milking performance for their new overpriced cards or what but they seriously need to take a long hard look at driver development and how it is done.

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64