Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

GTN650 Black Screen (resolved)

Hey Jean-Luc, I'm a pretty bright guy, and I have never seen a worse system in my life for trying to redownload something than F1. I ordered the GTN 650 for P3D in May. All I want to do is re-download it. They send me to the new GTN Complete and then tell me I can't download it (" There is no order associated with the entered code. Please check your order information and try again. "). I have my certificate number. Do you have any idea what I need to do? Their customer service page may as well be in Greek. It's incomprehensible. Thanks!

Edited by RXP

F1 is only our e-commerce procurement partner which happens to have a similarly named product.

Nevertheless, the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is a RXP product!

You don't need to reinstall with the e-commerce installer if you haven't changed your system 'too much'. Just use the RXP software installer which unwraps by default into C:\RealityXP when using the e-commerce installer. Should you have installed GTN 2.5.10 already, the latest software installer is there.

Otherwise, here is our store FAQ: http://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

TLDR; just download the e-commerce installer from our website main page, and follow the store FAQ 'how to reinstall'

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

5 minutes ago, RXP said:

F1 is only our e-commerce procurement partner which happens to have a similarly named product.

Here is our store FAQ: http://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

TLDR; just download the e-commerce installer from our website main page, and follow the store FAQ 'how to reinstall'

You have been a Godsend. THANK YOU.

• Like 1

Also tried them in various default aircraft with the same result.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:04 PM, RXP said:

You don't need to reinstall with the e-commerce installer if you haven't changed your system 'too much'. Just use the RXP software installer which unwraps by default into C:\RealityXP when using the e-commerce installer. Should you have installed GTN 2.5.10 already, the latest software installer is there.

Otherwise, here is our store FAQ: http://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

Hi Jean-Luc,

I'm trying to reinstall again. I skipped some steps on Friday. So I have uninstalled and deleted the RXP GTN650. I tried to get the new key (https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=keyrequest), and the message I get is:

Order not located!

We can't locate your order. Make sure the order number is correct. It is also possible
that this key is not available for automatic processing.

But when I go to "Your Account -> View Flight1 Orders" the order is right there. That's where I get the order number from. Any ideas?

Edit: got the key via email, reinstalling now.

Edited by mtr75

This time I know I got the install correct, and it's the same. "Starting..."

Does not work in any other aircraft either. It is recognized by the sim, though. It's listed in the addons, and when I first started P3D after installing the GTN it asked me if I wanted to activate it. Maybe I should just uninstall the entire sim and start again? I really don't feel like wasting any more time with this.

Uninstalled, reinstalled again, this time letting install software determine where to put everything.

Uninstalled new drivers, re-installed old drivers (which I updated when moving to 4.4).

Uninstalled A2A Cherokee, reinstalled, letting installer determine where to put it.

Still black screen. Doesn't work with ANY aircraft.

rxpGTN.gau.log:

18/12/11 22:03:59.790 11232 -    ] # rxpGTN.dll version 2.5.10.0
18/12/11 22:03:59.790 11232 INFO
rxpGTN_menu.dll.log:

18/12/11 21:14:02.817 06268 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.10.0
18/12/11 21:14:02.821 06268 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Users\mtr_n\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee\panel\panel.cfg
18/12/11 21:15:37.986 09428 INFO ]
18/12/11 21:15:37.989 09428 INFO ] edit panel: D:\Prepar3d\SimObjects\Airplanes\F35A\panel\panel.cfg

rxpGtnSim.dll.log:

18/12/11 22:04:02.352 11232 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.10.0
18/12/11 22:04:02.351 11232 INFO ]
18/12/11 22:04:03.929 06480 INFO ]

My next steps (unless I ever hear back from you):

1. Uninstall EVERYTHING - Prepar3d, all addons, absolutely everything. Start all over.

2. If that doesn't work, ask for a refund.

I don't know why I don't learn - NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER UPDATE ANYTHING THAT IS WORKING.

Can you please at least let me know that this is still being looked at?

Edited by RXP

On 12/7/2018 at 5:50 PM, mtr75 said:

I tried to do it in Nvidia Control Panel, but in the Desktop menu and I do not have the ‘Add “Run with graphics processor” to Context Menu’ option. I'm not sure why, I have the latest drivers (417.22), so I assume my Nvidia Control Panel is up to date as well. ??

Just to make sure, do you have both integrated Intel graphics AND discrete graphics (NVidia), or just the NVidia? If the later, you don't need to bother with setting the preferred GPU because of course, you just have 1 GPU! Can you confirm this?

Can you please also ignore any third party aircraft for now and try on a default, just to reduce the tests to known working conditions? Since you don't have the Baron 58 anymore, you might have the default Mooney instead?

Once you try on the Mooney, using the Panel Assistant to add 1 window with 1 GTN, can you confirm it is working, otherwise, is the bezel displaying but the screen stays black or nothing is displaying but an empty black window?

In P3D4.4, can you please also enable 'Report Content Errors' (both options) and see what does the P3D4 log file say?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

8 hours ago, RXP said:

Just to make sure, do you have both integrated Intel graphics AND discrete graphics (NVidia), or just the NVidia? If the later, you don't need to bother with setting the preferred GPU because of course, you just have 1 GPU! Can you confirm this?

Can you please also ignore any third party aircraft for now and try on a default, just to reduce the tests to known working conditions? Since you don't have the Baron 58 anymore, you might have the default Mooney instead?

Once you try on the Mooney, using the Panel Assistant to add 1 window with 1 GTN, can you confirm it is working, otherwise, is the bezel displaying but the screen stays black or nothing is displaying but an empty black window?

In P3D4.4, can you please also enable 'Report Content Errors' (both options) and see what does the P3D4 log file say?

Hey,

I only have the NVIDIA. I've quadruple checked. I've tried it in a bunch of default aircraft. The window comes up with the gauge and a dark grey screen. All the buttons (home, direct, knobs) are showing and it says RealityXP at the bottom. I will do the last part when I get to my PC and report back. 

Sorry if I got a little frustrated and thanks again for getting back to me. I absolutely love this product and really want to get it back working. 

Ok, when you are back to the computer and running the simulator with an aircraft and GTN, with the popup window visible on screen:

1. Can you please also press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open task manager and see if there is a GTN Simulator.exe process running?
  2. If not, can you please download and run the following tool, and tell me if there are any GTN Simulator.exe crash recorded?
  3. If any, can you please post the details of the crash? (error number, crash offset, module)

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html

Whole lotta crashing going on!

Process file               Event name           Exception code Description      Exception offset  Fault module name  Fault module version

GTN Simulator.exe    Stopped working    0xc0000005    Access Violation    0x00021c3a    KRNLSIM.dll    6.50.1.0    
GTN Simulator.exe    Stopped working    0xc0000005    Access Violation    0x00021c3a    KRNLSIM.dll    6.50.1.0    

Edited by mtr75

Ok now we are making progress, the trainer is crashing behind your back.

Please allow me a little more time and I'll see what this is about.