Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado in X-Plane

9 minutes ago, albar965 said:

@avgaskoolaid : Thanks for the great and balanced review. Just one simple question: Does it come with the speed tables for Vref, Vr, V2, etc. for the weights? Power settings for climb and cruise?

Alex

Yep, both the Carenado and LES come with that documentation. 

11 hours ago, avgaskoolaid said:

Glad I could help!

By the way I just noticed an important and confusing typo in my post but I can't edit it anymore. What I said was:

"The Carenado uses the default FMS and has a (simplified) Collins MFD, while the only non-VOR nav option in the XP is the GNS430."

What I meant to say was:

"The Carenado uses the default FMS and has a (simplified) Collins MFD, while the only non-VOR nav option in the LES is the GNS530."

Thanks again, the day job involves tapping on an FMC and following pink string so  VOR navigation is great for me, if it still has an ADF then even better !

LES 340 purchased today but won’t be back at my sim for a few days to try it, but looking forward to taking it for a spin.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Saab 340 : After seeing numerous videos , this plane rocks!!!! One thing i noticed is the altimeter setting is  metric.  I see another knob to the left. Is it eyecandy , or does it work to change to standard/imperial. Thanks!!!!

The only problem with the Carenado S340, is the altimeter that has to be stuck as 1011,  it can not be adjusted since we get the pressure un standard like 29.92 and not in the useless metric word not allowed

Thanks for the reply Rat.  What a plane except the altimeter.  This is the best i have seen from them ever. I e mailed Carenado yesterday, and no return mail. I see upgrades for the plane  already.Lol on the useless word. For me, unhappy flying  lol!!!!

1 hour ago, Paul Deluca said:

Thanks for the reply Rat.  What a plane except the altimeter.  This is the best i have seen from them ever. I e mailed Carenado yesterday, and no return mail. I see upgrades for the plane  already.Lol on the useless word. For me, unhappy flying  lol!!!!

I completely agree with you, it is a great plane

The altimeter will support swapping between InHG and MB in the next update... but if you want that functionality now already, just download this zip file and drag the files it contains into the SAAB's "objects" folder, replacing the files that are in there.  This'll allow you to use the calibration knob to switch between InHg and MB, and the "TEST" button on the left will reset the altimeter to standard atmospheric (29.92 InHG).

I see Carenado is revamping their  planes . B-200, C-90.etc. One plane i brought to their attention is the Cessna 408 Courier. We should see a prototype from Cessna some time this year. If Carenado can build it, and it flies good, i am phasing out the Caravan. I was thinking of the LD-3 containers it will hold. YouTube  has a video of one.  Not bad for an unfinished plane.

That Cessna 408 SkyCourier is an interesting plane. Not real pretty due to the box shaped fuselage required for the cargo, but I'm a fan of most overhead wing turbo twins like the Twotter and MU-2. 

It might show up in the Carenado fleet eventually, but it would be a FSX/P3D product first, and later converted to X-Plane. All the Carenado models follow that path, unfortunately. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

The planes are made by Thranda, and are very good, unfortunately they are distributed by Carenado/Alebeo, I bought all of them directly from the Carenado and Alebeo site, and they never let us know when there is any update until a few onths later.

The funny thing is I still get message as soon as an update is coming out for any of the few Carenda that I bought for FSX, but X-Plane way too late

29 minutes ago, rat7 said:

The planes are made by Thranda

I believe a more accurate description would be the planes are Made by Carenado, modified for Xplane by Thranda.

8 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I believe a more accurate description would be the planes are Made by Carenado, modified for Xplane by Thranda.

Right, and to be more exact (as I understand it), what's carried over from Carenado's FSX/P3D version is the 3D model, textures, and the sound files.

Thranda creates the flight model from scratch in Planemaker, and I assume any plugins are also coded from scratch, or at least adapted for the XP format. So these planes are a hybrid Carenado/Thranda project.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor