Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado in X-Plane

Thanks Olderndirt I had such a tough time setting up in org, so i am waiting for  a developer . Thanks so much for the thought!!!!!!.

9 hours ago, alexcolka said:

Once you activate your C90 with your serial you need to reload your aircraft from developer menu or restart the sim then your two mechanics (in fact the pilots) won't show anymore in the external views.

Thanks alexcolka, I have a serial number provided by X-Plane.org when I bought it. I downloaded the zip with the airplane to install it directly in to the XP Aircraft/Laminar Research folder but never asked me to enter that serial number to activate it. Could you explain me please how to do it? Thank you

1 hour ago, juanpmar said:

XP Aircraft/Laminar Research folder but never asked me to enter that serial number to activate it. Could you explain me please how to do it?

The first load of the aircraft will ask you for your activation number in a pop up screen. If it does not, try removing from Xplane aircraft and restart Xplane. Shut down Xplane, reinstall the aircraft and load it to see if you get the activation screen. As stated earlier, for some reason, your not getting activated. You may check if you have a serial key in your aircraft folder.I wish you luck

Edited by Adrian123

4 hours ago, juanpmar said:

Thanks alexcolka, I have a serial number provided by X-Plane.org when I bought it. I downloaded the zip with the airplane to install it directly in to the XP Aircraft/Laminar Research folder but never asked me to enter that serial number to activate it. Could you explain me please how to do it? Thank you

It sounds like the SASL-based plugin that Carenado uses is not starting up- the window should pop up automatically.  This can sometimes be caused by too many plugins being loaded into XPlane. A big culprit is the GroundTraffic plugin used by addon airports. If you have a lot of addon airports, go into the folders of a few and remove the groundtraffic plugin. Or, you can temporarily remove a few plugins from your main resources/plugins folder and see if that helps.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

The first load of the aircraft will ask you for your activation number in a pop up screen. If it does not, try removing from Xplane aircraft and restart Xplane. Shut down Xplane, reinstall the aircraft and load it to see if you get the activation screen. As stated earlier, for some reason, your not getting activated. You may check if you have a serial key in your aircraft folder.I wish you luck

Thanks Adrian123, I've done what you said but there's no way to enter the serial number to activate it. I have written to Carenado support to see if they can help me.

Avgaskoolaid thanks, as I installed xp from scratch I do not have any add on as airports etc. Only the REP for the Cessna 172SP, the REP for the Baron B58 and the SAAB 340A. No other add on.

The fact is that I wanted a good twin-engine GA for XP 11 and that´s why I´ve liked this King Air.  I´d like something with a good aesthetic finish flying well. Any suggestions while I wait to fix the King Air?

Edited by juanpmar

20 hours ago, Paraffin said:

From what I recall in the Carenado forum on the .org, they won't be updating the entire legacy XP10 fleet with new versions for XP11. The ones that don't sell very well, will be left behind. 

I think that's reasonable, considering limited manpower to work on updates. Even the newer XP11 models will still need work to keep up with changes during the XP11 cycle. Like the v11 PC-12 that's overdue for an update to fix a few problems.

Okay. Thanks.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hey Juanpmar  Did a small screen show on the lower left hand side of the flightdeck windshield?  Telling you about the serial numbers, and having to go online for them?

Edited by Paul Deluca

14 minutes ago, Paul Deluca said:

Hey Juanpmar  Did a small screen show on the lower left hand side of the windshield?  Telling you about the serial numbers, and having to go online for them?

In the left little window at the bottom says:

LA 101-420080-0

FAA-PMA-LAI 2458

Not sure is it is what you are talking about

When you bought the plane,  they have to supply letters, and numbers    for example,   GTX-123456- VORX456-   Does it look this this?

Looks like you have to insert the hyphen  - this symbol to complete it . after  lai   i  might be wrong to

13 minutes ago, juanpmar said:

In the left little window at the bottom says:

LA 101-420080-0

FAA-PMA-LAI 2458

Not sure is it is what you are talking about

Check your e- mail

2 hours ago, Paul Deluca said:

When you bought the plane,  they have to supply letters, and numbers    for example,   GTX-123456- VORX456-   Does it look this this?

Hi Paul,

Yes, I got something like that

Looks like you have to insert the hyphen  - this symbol to complete it . after  lai   i  might be wrong to

Sorry, I made a mistake, it is exactly like this: 

LA101-420080-8

FAA-PMA-LAI 2458 (although the "2" is quite close to the "I" so could be LAI2458 but I don´t think so)

Check your e- mail

Nothing from you in my e-mail

🙂Hey Juanpmar: I e mail i meant was when you bought the plane.  the purchase receipt, and the key numbers by Carenado.  Now copy those numbers on paper as a backup. My computer crashed, and had to install the sim .Which wiped out my collection of  planes. Good thing for having it on paper. Next purchase you make, keep the key codes in private. For your sake. I went through the same thing when i bought my first plane from Carenado. I didn't know what i was doing.I hope we were helpful to you in this forum.

Edited by Paul Deluca

Hi Paul, now I understand you, thanks for your advice, I will copy those numbers and keep it. 

Kind regards