Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

Flightbeam KPHX Airport with P3Dv4.4 Performance Question?

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a performance issue in terms of frames and therefore micro stutters with Flighbeam's KPHX since upgrading to P3Dv4.4? 

I have all the Flightbeam airports and have had no issues with holding in excess of 30 fps for my Vsync'd 30 Hz monitor including KPHX. However since I have upgraded to P3Dv4.4 which I am very happy with I can no longer maintain the 30 fps with only this one airport. All my Orbx and other FB airports are working as well or better then they did in v4.3 but this one particular airport is now not behaving as it did. As a note I run Orbx Global and Base with this airport but not Vectors. As I said it used to be fine and all the other FB airports still perform well.

Has anyone else noticed a frames drop with FB KPHX in P3D v4.4?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Edited by joepoway

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, joepoway said:

Yes, I have. But I didn't realize it was a problem with KPHX only. Since I updated, I haven't had a chance to go flying. I just happened to quickly spawn at KPHX a few days ago. That's when I noticed a drop in FPS from 4.3. I was disappointed after having seen so many reports of performance gains from others, so I was going to troubleshoot tomorrow when I have a bit more time. Now it seems it's something not unique to my system. I'll be trying out other airports to see whether it is indeed only affecting KPHX on my side as well.

Walter Meier

I have not noticed any performance drop in any of the Flightbeam sceneries that I have installed with v4.4, and that includes KPHX, KIAD, and KDEN. On the contrary, i'm seeing a slight increase in performance, on the order of 5 to 7 FPS on average, and it's ultra smooth, no stuttering, pausing, or hesitation of any kind. To put this in perspective, I ran all my scenery sliders to the max after installing v4.4 (they were already maxed, or very near) just to see what would happen, and was pleasantly surprised to see no degradation in performance, and in many cases a slight increase. I should also note that I run UT Live for AI airline traffic set @ 100% (AI traffic can be a notorious frame rate killer) and can see no dramatic effect on performance. Turning AI down to say 75 or 80% will give me a few more frames to be sure, but I have enough "headroom" that it's hardly ever necessary.

To say that i'm tickled with the performance in v4.4 would be a fair statement, and I love Flightbeam sceneries, I just wish they would do some more, and i'd like to see them do more of the mid-size airports like Wichita Mid-Continent (KICT) or Hollywood-Ft. Lauderdale (KFLL) for example, but almost anything they would do would be well received by most people I think.

Do either of you guys have Flightbeam's KSFO HD, and if so how does it perform. I'm thinking seriously about adding it and it's always nice to hear from others that actually use something before buying.

Edited by SunDevil56
spelling

14 hours ago, joepoway said:

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a performance issue in terms of frames and therefore micro stutters with Flighbeam's KPHX since upgrading to P3Dv4.4? 

I have all the Flightbeam airports and have had no issues with holding in excess of 30 fps for my Vsync'd 30 Hz monitor including KPHX. However since I have upgraded to P3Dv4.4 which I am very happy with I can no longer maintain the 30 fps with only this one airport. All my Orbx and other FB airports are working as well or better then they did in v4.3 but this one particular airport is now not behaving as it did. As a note I run Orbx Global and Base with this airport but not Vectors. As I said it used to be fine and all the other FB airports still perform well.

Thanks in advance

Joe

No issues with fps in v4.4.

qIfbKJJ.jpg

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

Do either of you guys have Flightbeam's KSFO HD, and if so how does it perform. I'm thinking seriously about adding it and it's always nice to hear from others that actually use something before buying.

Yes I do and it runs very well, it’s my default go to airport!

I still can’t figure out why only KPHX is having issues for me?

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, joepoway said:

Joe

Hi Joe,

This sounds a little odd. I haven't noticed any performance issues myself. Actually saw the opposite. 

Jump over to our forums and we will be able to investigate.

Cheers.

Sante Sottile

2 hours ago, joepoway said:

Joe

Clear your Shaders folder.

Cheers,

Mark

1 hour ago, Tino said:

Hi Joe,

This sounds a little odd. I haven't noticed any performance issues myself. Actually saw the opposite. 

Jump over to our forums and we will be able to investigate.

Cheers.

Hey Tino, I just downloaded and installed KMSP and like KIAD, KPHX, and KDEN I can see no performance drop in v4.4, which is great, and i'll probably add KSFO here in the very near future.

Do you guys have other sceneries in the mill. and if so what..??

Edited by SunDevil56

Hey Sundevil56 -- KPDX is next and my experience with PHX and other FB airports is the same as yours. Love their products!

Happy Holidays....

P. 

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

No issues with fps in v4.4.

qIfbKJJ.jpg

Gotta love FB sceneries and then you look outside their product and ah yes the rolling green land of Arizona. I wish ORBX could come up with a fix for that. I have noticed only a small drop off of FPS after initial install of the client but after deleting shaders and CFG everything seems back to normal. 

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

2 hours ago, pgde said:

KPDX is next

No, NZWN is next then KPDX

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

18 minutes ago, Shylock_35 said:

Gotta love FB sceneries and then you look outside their product and ah yes the rolling green land of Arizona. I wish ORBX could come up with a fix for that. I have noticed only a small drop off of FPS after initial install of the client but after deleting shaders and CFG everything seems back to normal. 

I agree. The ftx colors are way off.

I believe FB's new control panel interface has a troubleshooter section that will scan for conflicts, might want to use that to check for issues.

Cheers, Rob.

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I agree. The ftx colors are way off.

I don't know guys.... I have FTX, as well as all the ORBX landclass sceneries and vector running with Flightbeam KPHX, and the textures look ok to me. The screenies below will illustrate my point. 

Now granted, the small patches of heavily forested areas look out of place in the Phoenix metro area compared to "real world" (I grew up in the area and have flown over it dozens of times) but overall the textures look fine to me.

https://imgur.com/kshCnNI

https://imgur.com/8gin9fC

30 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

I don't know guys.... I have FTX, as well as all the ORBX landclass sceneries and vector running with Flightbeam KPHX, and the textures look ok to me. The screenies below will illustrate my point. 

Now granted, the small patches of heavily forested areas look out of place in the Phoenix metro area compared to "real world" (I grew up in the area and have flown over it dozens of times) but overall the textures look fine to me.

https://imgur.com/kshCnNI

https://imgur.com/8gin9fC

The ground colors should be more toward the brown side and not green. The airport displays the right colors, but you can clearly see that FTXG & LC combo fail to blend well with this wonderful airport. This should have been addressed by ORBX a long tie ago.